ATMs in Cebu

FYI

I checked to two ATM's in Robinsons Talisay today. The right side one is RCBC and did what Paul said, it notified me that there was a charge & asked if I wanted to proceed. The LEFT side one is METROBANK and DOES NOT charge for me to use my Visa Card.

So anyone wanting to save on the P200 per withdrawal - you know where to go now.

Just to let everyone know, I have just been to S&R and used the ATM inside which is also a METROBANK - no P200 charge, So if you are paying P200 to withdraw, find a Metrobank ATM.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• Paul

• AdamISZ

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best places I have found to withdraw money is either of the two HSBC branches in Cebu City.   3 Reasons:   1) Huge limit of 40,000 per withdrawal (if you're bank allows that much) 2) No Servic

Exactly what i was about to post, i only use these ATM's with my visa debit cards and don't get charged by the local HSBC. As said you can get PHP40k per withdrawal but check that the ATM has PHP1,000

Woolf

Just to let everyone know, I have just been to S&R and used the ATM inside which is also a METROBANK - no P200 charge, So if you are paying P200 to withdraw, find a Metrobank ATM.

Thanks UZI for discovering this

My g/f have tried a MetroBank close to City Hall, no fee

Edited by Woolf

You are welcome.

Here is a list of Metrobank CEBU BRANCHES

Paul

Curiouser and curiouser.......in that case I do not get charged at ANY ATM. We both have VISA cards, so I am wondering if it is because mine is a DEBIT card not a CREDIT card. The ATM must detect something on your card that it doesn't on mine. 4 number PIN or that mine is a CHIP & PIN card?

Mine is a VISA Debit card as well, but gets hit at every ATM I use, for the Php 200 fee.

FYI

I checked to two ATM's in Robinsons Talisay today. The right side one is RCBC and did what Paul said, it notified me that there was a charge & asked if I wanted to proceed. The LEFT side one is METROBANK and DOES NOT charge for me to use my Visa Card.

So anyone wanting to save on the P200 per withdrawal - you know where to go now.

I use, from time to time, the MetroBank ATM here in Carcar. It DOES charge me every time, a fee of Php 200. I will look at other MetroBank ATMs, but I would suspect each one does as well.

Basically, if I withdraw Php 10,000 from an ATM here, it will cost me about $10.00 USD per Php 10,000. Not a good deal.

Edited by Admin

I have found that the Citibank and HSBC ATMs do not charge a P200 fee and they also allow you to pull out more (15000-30000 depending on ATM vs 10000 at the local ATMs) so you even get hit less from your bank back home.

RogerDuMond

I have found that the Citibank and HSBC ATMs do not charge a P200 fee and they also allow you to pull out more (15000-30000 depending on ATM vs 10000 at the local ATMs) so you even get hit less from your bank back home.

Using our Citibank account we were charged for using our Citi card at Citi ATMs so we switched to HSBC not only don't we have any fees at HSBC bank, but they also rebate other banks ATM fees for using our HSBC card.

Woolf

I just checked my bank account, metrobank charged the 200 php on the transaction sad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Not that it'll be very interesting to almost everyone here, but it turns out that Unionpay (ATM network for Chinese bank cards) is available here at some banks including Metrobank, but it does incur the 200 PHP fee.

I also found the "Plus" network widely available.

Interestingly I found out by asking my bank (HSBC in Hong Kong) that the charge by my bank for using VISA credit card at ATMs is 5%! So I'm sticking to non-credit cards...

On Wednesday heading up to Moalboal where apparently there are no ATMs at all...

mpt1947

Mine is a VISA Debit card as well, but gets hit at every ATM I use, for the Php 200 fee.

I use, from time to time, the MetroBank ATM here in Carcar. It DOES charge me every time, a fee of Php 200. I will look at other MetroBank ATMs, but I would suspect each one does as well.

Basically, if I withdraw Php 10,000 from an ATM here, it will cost me about $10.00 USD per Php 10,000. Not a good deal.

What kind of Exchange Rate are you getting? If you use P40/1 dollar that would be $5/10,000 pesos Still not a good deal.

That is why whenever possible, I use my Visa Debt Card as a Credit Card - my bank charges me 1% of the transaction and that is it - so if I were to buy 10,000 Pesos with of groceries - about $2050 my bank would tack on another $2.50 - better then taking 10,000 pesos out of the machine.

If we need cash Mel (wife) takes it out of her account, if plastic works - we use my card

Edited by mpt1947
Paul

What kind of Exchange Rate are you getting? If you use P40/1 dollar that would be $5/10,000 pesos Still not a good deal.

That is why whenever possible, I use my Visa Debt Card as a Credit Card - my bank charges me 1% of the transaction and that is it - so if I were to buy 10,000 Pesos with of groceries - about $2050 my bank would tack on another $2.50 - better then taking 10,000 pesos out of the machine.

If we need cash Mel (wife) takes it out of her account, if plastic works - we use my card

By the time I get charged by my bank, a withdrawal fee, the bank rate on the exchange, the VISA International fee, AND the local bank here, it is $10.00 that it costs me. So, not something I want to do often.

Now, if I use my Debit card as a credit card, I have a small charge, like 2%, added on to the purchase. So, it is much cheaper for me to use the card as a credit card, than it is to go to an ATM.

eggnoggin

always good to go online and make sure overdraft on debit card is not linked to savings or a linne of credit...over time and renewing credit cards and debit cards ..the bank may link without your request ...in the case of theft and use of debits in some banks after going thru your savings and line of credit ..its a big deal getting it replaced.. :lol:

Paul

always good to go online and make sure overdraft on debit card is not linked to savings or a linne of credit...over time and renewing credit cards and debit cards ..the bank may link without your request ...in the case of theft and use of debits in some banks after going thru your savings and line of credit ..its a big deal getting it replaced.. :beer:

I was pick pocketed for the first time in my life, last year while on a bus - sober as a house cat, if you can believe it. Anyway, it could not have happened at a worse possible time. I was out of load, low battery on my cell phone, and on a bus with little money (fortunately I had paid my fare to get home), and the thief was out spending money on my card during my entire bus trip. (He had gotten of the bus shortly after he pick pocketed me.) Anyway, after I notified my bank (credit union), it didn't cost me a cent (1 US penny). The credit union credited every fake purchase made on the card back to me, including 100% of all fees and charges.

They printed and packed a replacement card in the US, shipped it FedEx, and I had it in my hands three days later.

SkyMan

MetroBank in Lacion charges me the p200 so it has to be a bad emergency for me to go there. Generally I try to hit HSBC when I'm in the area.

mpt1947

They printed and packed a replacement card in the US, shipped it FedEx, and I had it in my hands three days later.

Damn, my Credit Union mailed me a new Credit Card on March 9th - still haven't seen it - it isn't being used - I check transactions daily - but I can't use it either.

Going to the PO this week to check mail ourselves - if not there - we will get a new one via Fedex

Glad you got yours