ATMs in Cebu

Metro Bank ATMs charge me the Php 200 fee.

I will check which banks ATM it is in Robinsons I DEFINITELY do not get charged on my UK Visa card. My bank charges 2% on international transactions & GBP1 (P71) if a cash withdrawal. How do you get charges the P200? Is it deducted from the cash you get or is it paid from your US bank?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UZI

• Paul

• AdamISZ

• Woolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best places I have found to withdraw money is either of the two HSBC branches in Cebu City.   3 Reasons:   1) Huge limit of 40,000 per withdrawal (if you're bank allows that much) 2) No Servic

Exactly what i was about to post, i only use these ATM's with my visa debit cards and don't get charged by the local HSBC. As said you can get PHP40k per withdrawal but check that the ATM has PHP1,000

Thanks for the help in this thread. This is a pretty active forum! I'll definitely be back :D

David Spicer

I will check which banks ATM it is in Robinsons I DEFINITELY do not get charged on my UK Visa card. My bank charges 2% on international transactions & GBP1 (P71) if a cash withdrawal. How do you get charges the P200? Is it deducted from the cash you get or is it paid from your US bank?

They add it to your withdrawal. You get P10,000 but your receipt reflects, and your bank account is debited P10,200. I stopped using my US debit card when this started and now just deposit a personal check each month into my BPI Dollar account. No fees at all.

They add it to your withdrawal. You get P10,000 but your receipt reflects, and your bank account is debited P10,200. I stopped using my US debit card when this started and now just deposit a personal check each month into my BPI Dollar account. No fees at all.

Thanks David,

Well I can categorically state then, I am NOT being charged at the ATM in Robinsons Talisay. If anyone wants to check it out, it is the left one of the two behind the food court.

Paul

Thanks for the help in this thread. This is a pretty active forum! I'll definitely be back :D

It is that. There are a number of active members, every day.

Thanks David,

Well I can categorically state then, I am NOT being charged at the ATM in Robinsons Talisay. If anyone wants to check it out, it is the left one of the two behind the food court.

On every ATM I was charged the Php 200 (previously Php 150), I had to press the "Yes" button, agreeing to the charge, prior to the withdrawal being completed. So, it should be quite obvious, if you are being charged the fee.

On every ATM I was charged the Php 200 (previously Php 150), I had to press the "Yes" button, agreeing to the charge, prior to the withdrawal being completed. So, it should be quite obvious, if you are being charged the fee.

Curiouser and curiouser.......in that case I do not get charged at ANY ATM. We both have VISA cards, so I am wondering if it is because mine is a DEBIT card not a CREDIT card. The ATM must detect something on your card that it doesn't on mine. 4 number PIN or that mine is a CHIP & PIN card?

enoonmai

Check Metro Bank & Citibank ATM's 1st & see if you get deducted P200 - I have read of them not charging.

Metrobank definitely charges. When I was here a year ago or so a number of them like BPI did not charge the international withdrawal fee, now it seems they all do. If anyone knows of one that doesn't I would love to know it.

easy44

I use a debit card with the Mastercard logo and always get charged at ATM's, no matter where.

billy

just in case anyone is interested the exchanger in rustans gives the best rate in cebu. they have a small booth. also if you have a lot of dollars to exchange they will meet you in your bank so it's safe.... like if your sending money here to buy a house or a car etc... i've used them many times...

TheMatrix

Best places I have found to withdraw money is either of the two HSBC branches in Cebu City.

3 Reasons:

1) Huge limit of 40,000 per withdrawal (if you're bank allows that much)

2) No Service Fees!

3) Convenient locations: Ayala across from Marriot or Banilad at AS Fortuna

• Like 1
121Gigawatts

Does anyone know if there are any Chase ATMs in Cebu? Thanks.

David Spicer

I had completely forgotten about that. I've only used my US debit card once since they started charging, and that was probably about a year ago.

enoonmai

Does anyone know if there are any Chase ATMs in Cebu? Thanks.

Don't think so and they charge $5 for international non-Chase withdrawals in addition to 3% +200p (local bank) + lousy exchange rate so you're paying about $20 to withdraw $200. Get a Cap 1, no fees for withdrawals only the local bank fee of 200p.

FYI

I checked to two ATM's in Robinsons Talisay today. The right side one is RCBC and did what Paul said, it notified me that there was a charge & asked if I wanted to proceed. The LEFT side one is METROBANK and DOES NOT charge for me to use my Visa Card.

So anyone wanting to save on the P200 per withdrawal - you know where to go now.

Ken Oath

Best places I have found to withdraw money is either of the two HSBC branches in Cebu City.

3 Reasons:

1) Huge limit of 40,000 per withdrawal (if you're bank allows that much)

2) No Service Fees!

3) Convenient locations: Ayala across from Marriot or Banilad at AS Fortuna

Exactly what i was about to post, i only use these ATM's with my visa debit cards and don't get charged by the local HSBC. As said you can get PHP40k per withdrawal but check that the ATM has PHP1,000 notes in it, because if it is only stocked with php500 notes you can only take a lower amount ( PHP20k i think)

I will never use any other ATM.

• Like 1