Sign in to follow this  
dowhatuwill

SHORT TIME or 12 HOUR HOTELS

dowhatuwill

I travel to Cebu from Mindanao and back quite frequently and last time I had an accomdation problem which I hope someone can help me with as I am bak next week and want avoid a repeat, if at all possible.

My ferry leaves 8pm from Cebu. Hotels require you to check out at 12 so I find myself, suitcase in hand, stuck for (count'em) 7-8 hours. Wandering around SM loses it's appeal after a few hours- if not sooner- and I'm not a big drinker so a long stint of drinking was out of the question. I ended up checking into to a reghular hotel for 750 pesos just to have a place to relax before the trip.

Anyone here know of any short-time or 12 hour hotels that might save me having to fork out for a nights accomdation I don't need?

Hourly rates or 12 hourly rates are bound to work out better. I did try but was unable to find any such places. Near pier is preferable but not a must.

Many Thanks everyone.

shadow

Sogo downtown;

http://www.hotelsogo.com/

Fuente pension;

http://www.fuentepension.com/

Queensland;

One near White Gold and a new one on V Rama.

All I can think of right now, there are more.

Larry in Dumaguete

Paul
Queensland;

One near White Gold and a new one on V Rama.

One in Talisay, too. But, the others listed (all) are going to be closer to the pier than the Queensland in Talisay. HOWEVER, it is just off the SRP, thus giving you full, almost unrestricted highway access almost all the way to the pier.

ron100

i stay at the metro park and at times i have stayed till 6 pm and they charge only extra 400 on top of the 900

cheers, not near the pier, but close enough

Jim Sibbick

You didn't say which pier.

Sogo, already mentioned, is walking distance to pier 1.

When in Cebu City, I stay at the Cebu Century Hotel. It is just around the corner from Sogo. I almost alway walk from pier 1 to Cebu Century because the taxis at pier 1 will not use the meter.

Regards: Jim

KennyF

Have you tried offering (or asking about) extra pesos for late checkout?

I have stayed in a few hotels where the checkout time was 10:00am.

My flight is at 8:00pm.

So I want checkout at about 5:00pm

One night is say 1,000 so I offer 1,400/1,500 for late checkout. That's an extra 7 hours for 400/500 pesos.

No need to change hotels.

Good deal for you, good deal for them.

It's always worked for me.

KonGC

DeezNuz

What about that new mini-motel chain owned by that Islands Group...same company that does all the souveniers. I heard they were cheap, like $20 a day and has wi-fi...situated next to Ayala Mall.

dowhatuwill

Have you tried offering (or asking about) extra pesos for late checkout?

I have stayed in a few hotels where the checkout time was 10:00am.

My flight is at 8:00pm.

So I want checkout at about 5:00pm

One night is say 1,000 so I offer 1,400/1,500 for late checkout. That's an extra 7 hours for 400/500 pesos.

No need to change hotels.

Good deal for you, good deal for them.

It's always worked for me.

KonGC

Excellent Idea. I may do that this time around and see what they say. have tried it once or twice before with a fair charge for the few extra hours, though it was years ago now.

Cheers

Nangulo

Sogo is an excellent choice. Cheap (<400 pesos), clean, cool, close to pier, restaurant inside. Very nice place for a few hours.

dowhatuwill

Sogo is an excellent choice. Cheap (<400 pesos), clean, cool, close to pier, restaurant inside. Very nice place for a few hours.

Sounds like the place for me . Cheers!

alexccms

The Queensland in Talisay is near SRP on Rabaya or San Isidro?

Curious about the rates and parking arrangements too. Any info appreciated. Thx.

redman69

I know the parklane will let you stay untill 6pm for an extra 500peso.

Nangulo

The Queensland in Talisay is near SRP on Rabaya or San Isidro?

Curious about the rates and parking arrangements too. Any info appreciated. Thx.

There's parking on-site. Queensland Talisay in on Max Noel street, here N10 15.391 E123 49.785, close to the SRP but not close to the pier area. 3 hours or less is about 300 pesos.