Which better condo in Cebu

TheMatrix

Oh Gosh, don't tell me I will have to say "no!" to my wife again? She gave me four choices: Bali, Malaysia, Thailand or Philippines. I dutifully checked out the resort areas in Malaysia (Penang and Langkawi) and Thailand (Hua Hin and Cha Am) but didn't like them. We both went to Bali (which I didn't like at all.) She keeps saying Cebu is a resort destination with big city conveniences, that's why I started asking questions here. (I plan to visit at the end of the year.) Is she mistaken about Cebu being a resort destination?

Yes, it is in my opinion that she is mistaken about Cebu being a resort destination, and gravely so! Yes, there are a few resorts outside the city on Mactan island, but not the type of resorts where you would spend all your time. Of the places you mentioned, for resort living, I like Thailand best, secondly Bali.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• smokey

• Zamora

• daniel_ita

Yes, it is in my opinion that she is mistaken about Cebu being a resort destination, and gravely so! Yes, there are a few resorts outside the city on Mactan island, but not the type of resorts where you would spend all your time. Of the places you mentioned, for resort living, I like Thailand best, secondly Bali.

seeing is believing .... cebu is ok and has some stuff but as a tourist place well i saw most of what i wanted to see in the first 3 months and the last 7 years its just a repeat... like going to disneyland after you have been their twice you pretty much have had your full , giving a choice i think there is much more to do in manila then cebu... i lived in a condo on the beach in oregon once and it was buietuf to take walks on the beach but after 15 walks i had to ask myself dam smokey you should of just rented the condo would of been much cheaper and then you can go place to place and see it all..

i know an information that foreign cannot own a real estate property here in the Phils like condo and residences unless they are married with filipina and it will be name under his wife :rofl:

I just finished reading all eight pages of this thread and I was surprised that there was not a single word said about the condos in the resort area. Since my plan is to move there, should I be concerned? (We live in a resort condo in Hawaii, and honestly, we can't really imagine not living in a resort.)

Check out: http://amisacebu.blogspot.com/

That's a resort condo project. :)

Raissah: a foreigner can own a condo under their name, they can even exclude their Filipina wife if they want to. :)

Raissah: a foreigner can own a condo under their name, they can even exclude their Filipina wife if they want to. :)

ahh okie..that info i got from our previous seminar in a real estate i think 2 months ago:)

A_Simple_Man
She keeps saying Cebu is a resort destination with big city conveniences, that's why I started asking questions here.

That is only true when compared to the rest of the Philippines. When compared on a world scale it ranks low enough that few people with the means to live the resort lifestyle would give it a passing glance even.

There is a thread on Singapore somewhere in the recent posts. It sounds more like what you are looking for.

Thank you all for the replies, I guess I will have to get a divorce than! biggrin.png

you can have as many as ou want but im sure you're not happy :tongue_01:

... i lived in a condo on the beach in oregon once and it was buietuf to take walks on the beach but after 15 walks i had to ask myself dam smokey you should of just rented the condo would of been much cheaper and then you can go place to place and see it all..
We all are different. I have lived in a resort town of 35,000 people in Hawaii for 21 years. The first 10 years were in a condo on a golf course and the last 11 years were in a resort condo on the ocean. I can't get tired of it. I love the convenience of going down to any of the three restaurants on site, the club, pool, spa, etc. However, once I retire, I will not be able to afford it in Hawaii.