Which better condo in Cebu

greatplace

Regards to Quota Visa........ I have a section 13 Permanent Visa required in 2008.......Also being single and have a Corporation.....I am the same as David a little shy to quote what I paid for my Visa......That said I have heard that some officials are asking over 200,000 to 250,000 for a Quota Visa as of today......And that is way doubled what I paid back then.

My partner use to work at the BI and will ask her ex work mates if it is true a Filipino wife can have her married foreigner husband's 13a Visa to be cancelled for some reason.

But having a Permanent Visa does have its benefits against a Tourists Visa. If you plan on staying here I would highly recommend you looking in to it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• smokey

• Zamora

• daniel_ita

BANGKOKBOZO

I see the prices for condo's in the Fils and I laugh.Considering the price per square meter/foot,lack construction craftsmanship,no/low water pressure,lack of adherence to building codes/inspections,fire code inspections?,having seen the ancient fire fighting equipment in Manila I cant see Cebu's any more,uh,modern?PLUS,sprinkler systems that might/might not work,elevators that run on electric motors,HOA fees rising constantly and on and on.Re-Selling any type of real estate after the original purchase is almost impossible(as in trying to get your cash back if you want to leave.)and I have yet to meet anyone who got the original investment back(the fils is not Miami when it comes to flippin condo's).one R.E.A was trying to con me into buying into a place that looked like the builder had run out of money and pointed to a patch of weeds and straight-facedly told me "That is where the pool is going to be...".Pool of what?thought I.

Because of all the above named conditions I find it a lose/lose proposition(like most business ventures I have seen in the fils.)to buy one of these places and if I ever had the desire to live anywhere but a remote beach in the fils/t-land,I would much prefer renting.I find losing deposits renting much less aggravating than losing entire purchase prices(the stories of delayed turn-over dates,by years not months,springs to mind) and I have yet to not lose a rental deposit in S.E. Asia.

So i know 3 old/affordable Condo towers in Cebu:

- Winland towers

- Trinity tower, old building from the outside but actually looks kind of fresh inside, small units, some big corner units, walking distance to IT park

- East Aurora tower, the location of this building is perfect, within walking distance to IT park, well maintained in a great atmosphere

Well... Condo prices are definately high in Cebu...

Edited by Zamora
smokey

the price should not shock you its the only house a foreigner can buy and we all know foreigners have way to much money or at least that is what the girls think

easy44

If you can rent for a couple of years before you buy you MIGHT come out ahead. As someone else mentioned, there are lots of condos being built in Cebu, and it's only a matter of time before the law of supply and demand kicks in. That is, unless there is a sudden influx of Chinese, a possibility.

There is a shortage of marriageable women in China so where will they look for a wife? The Philippines would have to be at the top of the list. If that happens, many who come here will decide to stay, same as other nationalities.

Edited by easy44
Bob Ward

If you can rent for a couple of years before you buy you MIGHT come out ahead. As someone else mentioned, there are lots of condos being built in Cebu, and it's only a matter of time before the law of supply and demand kicks in. That is, unless there is a sudden influx of Chinese, a possibility.

There is a shortage of marriageable women in China so where will they look for a wife? The Philippines would have to be at the top of the list. If that happens, many who come here will decide to stay, same as other nationalities.

Agreed! Take your time!

daniel_ita

Thankyou so much for all yours replies......for sure i will take my time before to buy a unit in Cebu. For that next august i will in Cebu city for some days for have tour in everyplace in this city.

I have again one question.....someone can advise me about a good and onest estate agent? So when i will in Cebu i can meet someone and see many units.

I know....here is not possible to write this kind of address....but is ok also with email or notification.

Thankyou

billy

to start off anyone thinking of buying a condo might want to think twice or even three times. at this point in cebu the condos are double the price they should be. there overbuilding now, there not selling at this point, very few buyers.

unless your buying and getting 40% off i wouldn't. i agree with most just rent. if you want to move all you lose is your deposit. it's better then sitting and waiting years to sell it. as far as buying house and lot, even if your married

only if you have no plan of selling ever and you don't care if your wife gets it then don't buy a house... that can take you years and years to sell and as far as you think even if your married you have some ownership your wrong. your wife has full ownership. the law here states a foreigner can't own property period.......... in this country rent only you can't lose.......

daniel_ita

Oh....You mean that prices are increased for foreign?

I see in a website, for example, a unit condo (one bedroom) in Spianada Residential Condominium for 2.359.000 pesos (35,75 mq). So....is a big price?

Which is the right price for square meter?

Another question....about insulation (thermal insulation and sound insulation).....im little worry about this question because i dont like to hear noises from other units (voice talk and music from left, right and over me units).....

Someone have experiences about that?

Thankyou again!

Dan

Lee

Oh....You mean that prices are increased for foreign?

I see in a website, for example, a unit condo (one bedroom) in Spianada Residential Condominium for 2.359.000 pesos (35,75 mq). So....is a big price?

Which is the right price for square meter?

Another question....about insulation (thermal insulation and sound insulation).....im little worry about this question because i dont like to hear noises from other units (voice talk and music from left, right and over me units).....

Someone have experiences about that?

Thankyou again!

Dan

Prices are the same for everyone and there is usually a price sheet, so if they refuse to show you the price sheet, then run away as fast as you can. The only thing that might be different is the discount or the terms a local might get over a foreigner, who is perceived to be able to afford more. Let the buyer beware and shopping is a buyers best friend. IMO look for secondhand at below the market or the best deal within a new market. I believe a price correction has to come because as I wrote before, prices are way too high now for what you get, and many second hand condos in Florida are now going for much less than second hand condos in Cebu. I could not think about living in anything less than 40 square meters, and most times our 80 square meter unit seems just right in size, yet if we lived in Cebu full time, then I would want at least another 20 square meters for storage etc.

daniel_ita

The plan for my life is to have a small apartment in a city like Cebu, but for the most time in the year live in a island...like Tablas, or Palawan!

Lee

The plan for my life is to have a small apartment in a city like Cebu, but for the most time in the year live in a island...like Tablas, or Palawan!

That is a good plan. It is nice to be able to travel with only a backpack and leave all personal items and clothing in the unit. It only cost us p5 a month for the months I turn all the electric circuit breakers off and no power is used, but then there is other things, like do you need cable, do you need internet and if so then that would be extra, of course for internet you can use a smart bro or a Globe tattoo and not have to pay a monthly fee or maybe get lucky and find an open wifi or a neighbor who will share their connection with you for a fee, so it can work and then all you have to pay is the monthly condo dues. You can prepay the condo dues and the electric but the water you would have to get someone to pay for you if you leave before a billing period, so I have our friend and salesman Angelo take care of the place and our mail when we are not there. It is always good to find a trusted friend to do things for you. Good luck with your plans.

BANGKOKBOZO

You are correct SIR.It is laughable to see prices in the fils/t-land eclipsing those in many places in the states/europe.the builders here are pricing themselves out of the market,or should I say more correctly...destroying the market they think they have.I have seen prices here and the size of the units and all I do is laugh my ass off.

the only thing the country has to offer is the beach(and they are polluting the hell out of them to the point of nauseating the beach goer!).renting on the beach for $500/month and putting a chunk of cash in the bank,then go back to europe/states and take advantage of the housing collapse is the smart way for most ex-pats to go.paying more cash to own a li'l POS condo in a third world country,is so laughable. I really do think that the sellers are oblivious to the fact that the prices they think they are going to get for these tiny ass phone booths isnt completly laughable and they are counting their money before they make it.they wont be getting any of my money.maybe when prices drop by half and it becomes a decent deal.the problem is that there is no way to make money in the RP,so affordable housing is a must.they seem to not get that one and think that Manila/Cebu are somehow comparable to Paris/London/NYC/LA...sure,inna their dreams!!!

I like living in their country,but not at a cost that exceeds my own country.no point buying here at these prices.NONE.

Prices are the same for everyone and there is usually a price sheet, so if they refuse to show you the price sheet, then run away as fast as you can. The only thing that might be different is the discount or the terms a local might get over a foreigner, who is perceived to be able to afford more. Let the buyer beware and shopping is a buyers best friend. IMO look for secondhand at below the market or the best deal within a new market. I believe a price correction has to come because as I wrote before, prices are way too high now for what you get, and many second hand condos in Florida are now going for much less than second hand condos in Cebu. I could not think about living in anything less than 40 square meters, and most times our 80 square meter unit seems just right in size, yet if we lived in Cebu full time, then I would want at least another 20 square meters for storage etc.

billy

the condos here in cebu city generally are so small and the prices are through the roof. the quality is also a joke. now here goes probably piss off the moderators. the chinese that are building these condos and getting rich off the foreigners... it's about time the foreigners stop buying these overpriced condos. in manila there so overbuilt. the prices on resales are coming down otherwise they won't sell. in some of these new condos i've seen studios with no windows going for 80,000 dollars. let them keep building and hopefully the market for condos will dry up. i thought for a while why can't foreigners own property it's because if they could the chinese wouldn't be making money on us foreigners with these condos they'd drop 50% overnight.... the problem is in this country they let the chinese buy property here but not the rest of the foreigners now the chinese own 85% of all big business here. what a shame the filipino has to work for the chinese i could go on for days how the chinese keep the filipino under there thumb and treat and pay them like dogs..... i think i've said enough... oh by the way for you moderators i didn't say all chinese but maybe 95% or most that's what i've seen in my time here in the philippines.... this is my observation if anyone has any other storys to prove me wrong i'd be willing to listen....

loosehead

Just be aware you are buying in an over-inflated market. A smart investor would buy a condo or property in the US which is currently a depressed market and use the rental income to rent in Cebu. You will be way in front in 10 years time. We are planning to buy a house in the US this year but i'll start another thread to get tips from the US members.