Which better condo in Cebu

daniel_ita

Hello....im daniel....for now i live again in italy but soon i would buy a unit (studio or one bedroom) in a condo in Cebu.

I see many condos in some website.....but id like to know from people that live in Cebu which is the best place in this city.....and which condo you advise me (my dream would be LA SPIANADA)!!!

Thankyou so much.....Dan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• smokey

• Zamora

• daniel_ita

David_LivinginTalisay

Condominiums in the Philippines are slightly pricier, and are often built near some of the busiest areas of the city, such as in Cebu or Mactan, in Cebu Province. These offer easy access and transport to the heart of the city's business centers, but still offers all the modern comforts and serenity of the quiet home life, at enough distance from the noisy city centers to enjoy peace and relaxation, but accessible enough to attend to all your needed business matters.

Difficult decision as so many Condo Developments here in Cebu these days, completed under construction and due for construction.

Condo Living<br style="font-family: Verdana, sans-serif, helvetica, arial; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">As of October last year, 12 condo projects have been approved and issued licenses to sell by the Central Visayas regional office of the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board (HLURB). This year, seven more have been granted development permits and issued temporary licenses while five other new projects have pending applications for preliminary approval and location clearance.

10 years ago it was only City Lights Tower 1 & 2 (up near Marco Polo), and Park Tower 1 & 2 (that came with Membership of Cebu City Sports Club)

The good news these days, is Developers cant legally offer Condos for Sale, until Construction has started and foundations completed. ie HLURB wont give out the Permit to Sell until that stage is reached.

This should prevent delays of 3 years from taking your Deposits, until the foundations are completed.

'Avalon', opposite Ayala Center, used to be called Palace Tower over 3 years ago. The Korean company got into problems when retaining wall collapsed during the basement construction. Now under new owners, construction started up again just last year.

I decided to buy a Studio Unit in Ultima Residences - Ramos Tower for the following reasons:-

1. 70% Discount off Club Ultima Membership (Saving of Php210,659.80)
  2. Payment via 30/40/30 Scheme. Down payment of 30% - less the Php50,000 Reservation Fee (over 3 months), 40% Amortization (over 14 months), final 30% Balance on Turnover (Dec 2011)
  3. Option to sign up to Condotel Leaseback Program (income potential and 30 Days 'Accommodation Vouchers - use in any Crown Regency Hotel/Resort or Affiliates in Asia, or sell confirmed Bookings)
  4. 28 sq m Condo Unit, was originally Php1.5M, price had risen to P2,063,609.08 by 2009. In August 2010 I was able to secure one of the last 2 x Condo Units at this price. No VAT to pay!
  5. Completion December 2011 (just 15 months from my 1st payment). All 33 floors completed now - Topping Off Ceremony was this May .
  6. Easy walking distance of Club Ultima and night life / entertainment of Fuente / Mango area

I had advertised my 27.5 sq m Condo Unit 1502 of Ramos Tower for SALE but think my son Paul has decided to become a 50% partner in it with me? He has agreement from his Bank to increase his UK Mortgage, but they need letter from his Employer, confirming his promotion and new Salary details. His boss has been away and rather busy, but hopefully this will get sorted out soon.

So sorry, my Ramos Tower Condo is no longer available to buy from me, I hope!

Ultima Residences Ramos Tower [120m|33F|res|u/c] Cebu City

Horizons101groundbreakingandramostop-off133.jpg

Horizons101groundbreakingandramostop-off134.jpg

IMG-2610.jpg?et=QFSx6zOwUjggbd1iO6c%2BnQ&nmid=297860585

My views from the top of Ramos Tower:-

med_gallery_198_674_143084.jpg

med_gallery_198_674_645238.jpg

med_gallery_198_674_179994.jpg

See more here http://www.livinginc...-views-of-cebu/

There may be other Condo Units in Ramos Tower being resold, but price likely to be around Php2.4M now!

NB: You need to be a Member of Club Ultima to own such however! Current Membership is Php301,000 but can be paid over 24 months interest free.

I was looking at units in Persimon, but more seriously considering a Condo Unit at Avida 2.

The reason being I thought the LOCATION of Avida2, at the far end of the IT Park, with walking distance of Country Mall and Banilad Town Center, and back roads to SandTrap, was better than Persimon with longer walking distance to SM or Ayala Center and busy traffic at peak times.

If I was in the market for buying a Condo, I would also look at new Development, just now being promoted heavily on Cable TV and elsewhere - Horizons 101 which is also near Club Ultima

cebu-condo-horizons-101-aerial-location.jpg

horizons101.jpg?et=tgYl2jm11B99MHPdY8C5HQ&nmid=413710154101mz.jpg?et=MjtVFBCLY5h6qhuf1%2CMXMQ&nmid=413710154

amenities.jpg?et=FUosp5XiBv6JJmtb8HYpgg&nmid=413710154views.jpg?et=VZUrpMo9AEvtH0FDvsmJpw&nmid=413710154

studio.jpg?et=KsJAWpxL22ae%2CCPNftAZUw&nmid=413710154

22.16 sq m somewhat smaller (80%) of the 24 sq m + 3 sq m Balcony (27.5sq m Total) of my Ramos Tower Unit, but think they can be bought for Php1.7M (85% of what I paid for my 27.5 sq m Ramos Tower Unit)

SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Philippine Projects on the Risenavbits_finallink_ltr.gif Horizons 101 [178m|55+46F|res] Gen. Maxilom Ave., Cebu City

http://www.skyscrape...d.php?t=1254379

SkyscraperCity is best source of information and photos for any High Rise Development in Cebu.

pdf01.jpg

pdf02.jpg

pdf03.jpg

pdf04.jpg

pdf05.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
daniel_ita

WOW....thankyou so much for your reply!!!! And nice description......

Next august i will in Cebu and i will see this condos....

I'm seriously trying to get much information as possible to buy an apartment in Cebu.

But about VISA...for a foreign like me (Im italian) what kind of Visa i need for buy a unit in a condo?

I see the PRA website about Permanent Visa but its little bit expensive.....there are others kind of Visa for live in Philippines and buy a unit condo?

Thankyou again for your kindness........

Daniel.

Paul

You can buy a condo under any visa, as far as I know, even while living here under a Tourist Visa.

daniel_ita

Hello Admin....its a very good news for me....so i can buy a unit when im there for my next holiday!!!

But how much about apartment tax or annual feed?

For example....in Italy have a annual tax (the name is ICI) when someone have a house.

(im so sorry for my english....i know....its very poor and bed!!!)

Paul

Hello Admin....its a very good news for me....so i can buy a unit when im there for my next holiday!!!

But how much about apartment tax or annual feed?

For example....in Italy have a annual tax (the name is ICI) when someone have a house.

(im so sorry for my english....i know....its very poor and bed!!!)

That's out of my league. Perhaps David, or someone else, can answer that for you.

Oh, don't mind your English skills, as I understand you fine. There are plenty of us here who haven't mastered English, even with it being our first language. :oldtimer::any-help:

David_LivinginTalisay

You can buy a condo under any visa, as far as I know, even while living here under a Tourist Visa.

This is fine if you are buying from Developer, using their 'In-house' Financing (Interest Free over Term being offered in many cases).

If you have the funds for 'Cash' purchase (this usually gets Discount of 8-10% off List Price).

However you should be aware that Financing via Bank's Home Loan (eg HSBC 5.75%pa), might require

i)
Permanent Resident

ii) Pilipana Spouse is
co-owner,

iii)
Sufficient Income
to cover,

iv)
Construction completed

BPI requires that Spouse is down as co-owner for such Condo purchase with BPI Bank Loan

daniel_ita

Thankyou David for your reply.

Im single and for now i dont want marriage, hehehehheh.

I will pay for cash.....so i can have a nice discount......

Again one question.....which is the better visa for live in Philippines?

I mean....more simple and not expensive....i see permanent visa for retired....but is little expensive.....but if i no have other choose....i can do it!

(PS...do u know someone that can speak italian language or is italian man/girl'?)

David_LivinginTalisay

Again one question.....which is the better visa for live in Philippines?

I mean....more simple and not expensive....i see permanent visa for retired....but is little expensive.....but if i no have other choose....i can do it!

This is 'Off-Topic' for

Which better condo in Cebu

When it should be a New Topic "Which is Better Visa for Living in Cebu" perhaps

(Perhaps a Moderator will move it to appropriate Section?)

I would suggest a Quota Visa

QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA FEE

Schedule of fees for Quota under section 13:

1. Upon filing

....Application Fee P 1,010.00

....Express lane Fee..........500.00

....BI Clearance......P 1,010.00

2. Upon Approval/ Implementation

....ACR & form.......P 1, 050.00

...Change/Status .......... 600.00

...ICR & form................1, 450.00

...Head Tax................ 250.00

...Passport Visa ......... 200.00

...Implementation Fee2, 000.00

...Service Fee............ . 200.00

...LRF 60.00

...TOTAL............P 5,810.00

EXPRESS FEE ....P 500.00

See http://www.cebutours...grant_visas.htm

Types of Quota Immigrants

1. Preferred Quota Immigrants

* Immigrants who are the fathers and mothers of Filipino citizens who are 21 years of age or over

* Wives, husbands and unmarried children under 21 years of age, of aliens lawfully admitted into the Philippines for permanent residence and who resides there.

2. Non-Preferred Quota Immigrants

Every quota immigration visa applicant is presumed to be a non-preference quota immigrant applicant unless he establishes to the satisfaction of a consular official and immigration official that he is entitled to preference status.

The Big Question however, being

"How easy is it to get one of those 50 x Quotas, issued annually and establish one is entitled to preference status, if not a Preferred Quota Immigrant?"

http://www.dumaguete...p-pls-6803.html

I have a 13 permanent visa, as opposed to a 13a visa which I believe is a foreigner married to a local; I was single when I applied. I believe the cost and requirements and quotas vary by country. For a U.S. citizen, Philippines have a quota of 50 of those 13 visas annually. This is where it gets tricky. As was explained to me and speaking only of applying for a U.S. citizen permanent here, the gov't here has 3 immigration commissioners and each are given a portion of the 50 U.S. allocations. Unfortunately, here is where a local version of the ebay auction presents itself. A (very high) price is put on a visa in December and the majority of those visas are "sold". Some commissioners may hold back a few so they can sell them for more later in the year when very few are available and an applicant cannot wait until December and will pay even more than the January #@%&* cost. Morever, you almost have to have an inside contact at the I-office to enter the process, which I had. I am embarrassed to state what I had to pay for my permanent visa but I did obtain it. Side note: Don't know if it is true and perhaps there are experts on the forum who can verify this, I heard if you have a 13a visa, obtained through marrying a local, that is your spouse gets really pissed off at you, she can ask the gov't to cancel your visa!
Markham

I would suggest a Quota Visa

That's fine if you have well over P100,000 that you're prepared to pay for such a visa - which is, I'm very reliably informed by our resident BoI expert, the real cost.

To answer the OP's initial question, I would wait until you come here for a visit before making any decision as to what size of condo to buy, or even to buy a condo in the first place. Buying a unit that's no bigger than a hotel bedroom might sound attractive whilst your free and single but you'll quickly realise you need somewhere bigger if you're going to stay long term. There are many condos available - either in the planning, construction or finishing stages as well as second hand units - and you should be aware that the market for pre-owned units isn't that buoyant. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been much serious interest in David's as yet unfinished unit, also hotel bedroom sized, in Ramos Tower, so that might give you some indication as to the market dynamics and preferences.

Get yourself a 9(a) Visitors Visa and spend time in Cebu. Then decide.

Mark

David_LivinginTalisay

That's fine if you have well over P100,000 that you're prepared to pay for such a visa - which is, I'm very reliably informed by our resident BoI expert, the real cost.

To answer the OP's initial question, I would wait until you come here for a visit before making any decision as to what size of condo to buy, or even to buy a condo in the first place. Buying a unit that's no bigger than a hotel bedroom might sound attractive whilst your free and single but you'll quickly realise you need somewhere bigger if you're going to stay long term. There are many condos available - either in the planning, construction or finishing stages as well as second hand units - and you should be aware that the market for pre-owned units isn't that buoyant. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been much serious interest in David's as yet unfinished unit, also hotel bedroom sized, in Ramos Tower, so that might give you some indication as to the market dynamics and preferences.

Get yourself a 9(a) Visitors Visa and spend time in Cebu. Then decide.

Mark

I quoted the 'Official Price' for such Quota Visa, as listed on the Bureau of Immigration website.

I also gave the URL of a Dumaguete Discussion Group, that suggests it will cost more than this, especially towards the end of the year when many of the 50 off Visas per Nationality, given out.

Perhaps for non-priority Applicants, they can gain 'recognition' if they have done US$4,000 investments, that Qualifies for being 'worthy' of Quota Visa.

There is also much talk, that 'Fixing and Corruption' both outside and inside the BI, is supposedly getting stamped out?

Personally, anyone deciding they want a Quota or a Non-Quota Visa, might find the cost of becoming a Member of the FAC

http://www.foreign-a...%20&%20law.html

fac.jpgForeign Assistance Center - FAC Philippines

<b> The FAC will be able to help you to prepare the Requirements of your Visa Application in your consultations. All Applicants will need to provite a range of supporting following documents or Services:

<br style="margin-top: 0em; margin-right: 0em; margin-bottom: 0em; margin-left: 0em; padding-top: 0em; padding-right: 0em; padding-bottom: 0em; padding-left: 0em; font-family: 'Times New Roman', Times, serif; ">

• personal Interview
  • valid Passport
  • proof of Ability
  • Application Form MCL 07 01
  • 6 Item colored Photo 2x2

To make an Appointment call: + 63 91 58 26 26 57</b>

Exclusive Member to be entitled to the following benefits:-

• Telephone pro bono legal service
  • Visa Extension ( BI Fee + Service Fee )
  • Telephone Assistance advice in legal service
  • Telephone legal advice concerning philippine law
  • Telephone legal advice concerning philippine general immigration law
  • Telephone legal advice concerning philippine general visa law
  • Telephone references or consultation concerning specialty philippine legal law references or consultation for criminal prosecution or unlawful detention
  • Preventive measures
  • In certain cases, family right, property law, investment law etc. ( only general Information )
  • Recommendation of lawyers
  • Support with complain before court

Following Service it will on principle for a Fee:-

• To file an Application & Processing to Quota Visa Status
  • Personal advisory activity by SVEG & SRR Visa
  • To file an Application & Processing to SRR Visa Status
  • To file an Application & Processing to SVEG Visa Status
  • On delivery of BI Certificate ( Clerance )
  • Eventually Cancellation of an entry ( BI Certificate - Blacklisting )
  • Recommendation and support with immigration affairs
  • To file an Application & Processing to delivery of iCard
  • Independent advice as acquisition of a philippine firm, including all necessary government documents, including Business Visa Status, including iCard ( 9 G )
  • Independent advice to acquire a property under the philippine Law, by order and for account in his own name ( for Investors only )
  • Independent advice to philippine Investment projects
  • Future "Member Platform" with necessary Internet Access Data
  • Assistance by pending Lawsuit; Court battle over custody etc. under Philippine Law ( involved Attorney )

FAC Membership Joining Fee is US$50, Annual Membership Fee is US$100. so US$150 Total the 1st time (under Php7,000).

Then there will be additional Service Fee for "To file an Application & Processing to Quota Visa Status"

Anyone considering any such VISA, have nothing to lose, asking the FAC what their Service Charge to FAC Members is likely to be.

At least the money the FAC makes, helps with the costs of running such NGO, to get those illegally detained by by BI, released from Jail.

The Foreign Assistance Center ( FAC ) work exclusively under the Philippine Law.

This 'success' suggests the FAC have very good contacts with those at the very top of the Bureau of Immigration, so I am sure their 'Service Fee' will cost rather less than Php100,000.00, that the resident BoI expert, suggests is the real cost.

On taking stock we see that, ...

11. October 2010 - FAC Technical Writer

Freeloader.jpg

There was no let-up in our work, but the situation has changed. We've got work to do particular requirements. The quality serves our purpose. In addition, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that, following services rendered basically liable to pay the costs / charges to render assistance by ESTAFA - Blacklist - Hold on Departure - Overstay etc. By Pending Lawsuit; Overstay or Marriage in name only, It is imperative that all safety precautions be observed. To this end, it is guideline-based interview necessary.

The FAC Philippines is the only one Organization in the Philippines to assist Foreigners in Executive and Immigration Law.

Confidential correspondence, please contact follow E-Mail Link: Confidential Inquiry

Freeloader

It was a long shot, but it proved to be true. These so-called Freeloader accept the following, i.e. those reckless disregard for safety of self or others. The FAC Team dissociated from such organizations, those use our names or to pretend to be somebody else. Our unmistakable hint - When you dance with the Devil, he doesn't change. He changes you and also you carry the consequences from it. The Foreign Assistance Center ( FAC ) work exclusively under the Philippine Law.

Attorney's or accredited Translator in the Philippines, you will find on the German Embassy Page for download in PDF File.

Thats why i would consider Winland tower... atleast the living space is much bigger and the price lower

Lee

Thats why i would consider Winland tower... atleast the living space is much bigger and the price lower

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so go with what you feel comfortable with, and do not let others bully you into what they think. When I first bought ours, people on here told me they were trash (you can read earlier posts about it) and had roaches everywhere, yet to this day I have not seen any signs of them being any worse than some of the others and never find any live roaches in our unit, but I have found dead ones when we return from being away for a long time, but roaches are everywhere in the Philippines and in Florida too, so never seeing any would be unreasonable.

I went to look at new units in City Lights a couple of years ago and the cost was five times and IMHO the workmanship there was no better. Crooked counters, kitchen cabinets, moldings and floors that sloped, sorry I would rather have less invested in a developing nation if I had to walk away. Hey someday the Philippines may be part of China, who knows.