Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Attn: Smart Cell Subscribers

Paul

Over the past few months I have begun encountering issues while attempting to load a cell load card into my SMART SIM phone. In certain areas, the card simply will not load. However, when I am in given cell areas, "calling" still works. Unfortunately, SMART is limited in the information they offer you, on the rear of their load cards.

As a SMART subscriber, the only option you are given on the back of a printed cell phone load card, is to enter the following information:

In your text message window, type: 1510 immediately followed by the load card PIN.

Then, press "SEND".

An automated message usually plays, confirming that you have successfully loaded the card into your SIM.

Typically, until recently anyway, this has been the way to load a Smart Buddy phone. However, for those of us who have been having problems doing this, there is an alternative - one that I am about to share with you here and now.

1. Create a new text message.

2. Enter "RELOAD" (minus the quotes), <SPACE>, and then your Smart Buddy card number in the message window.

3. Send that message to 1510.

EXAMPLE:

1. Create New Message

2. In text message body window: RELOAD 12345-1234-12345

3.Send to: 1510

4. Press <SEND>.

This should successfully load your Smart Buddy card. If successful, you will receive a confirmation message (mine was received from 1510), letting you know that your card has been loaded, the amount loaded, the current balance on your SIM, and the expiry date of your current load balance.

I have found this to be a faster way to load the phone, rather then waiting for an automated message to play.

HTH

Edited by Admin

Jeepney

Correct!

THIS IS WORKING ALSO FOR SMART BRO DONGLE!!!!

On your software screen open new message

send to 1510:

RELOADpinnumber

SEND, bingo!

Piet

Or should I make this a new topic?

Paul

Doesn't matter, either way is fine.

Jeepney

Crossed lines Mate, sorry.

It is just this is not explained on a prepaid card!

Piet.

RandyOdom

We had same problem. I tried your solution and it worked, but I had to send message to 1510. It didn't work when I sent to 1515.

USMC-Retired

Just so you are aware if you try the 1510 so many times it will then block your phone. Yes it happen to me. Do not remember how many times I tried more then 3 less then 10.

Paul

We had same problem. I tried your solution and it worked, but I had to send message to 1510. It didn't work when I sent to 1515.

I offer my apologies to all. My head was in the clouds when I was typing out that post. The correct number to text to is 1510.

I have edited my original post.

Nangulo

I've had to reload using the text method described but have run into one glitch: you have to have a load to send the RELOAD text. I ended up passing a 2 peso load from one phone to another and then sending the RELOAD text to load the card onto the phone. Interestingly enough, the text was free, but you can't send the free text without having a load on the phone.

Paul

That is good to know, and odd too.

Thanks for the added information.

digiteye

Paul, the instruction on the card is different from what you posted and it is the following:

!. Scratch blah blah

2. On your SMART GSM celfone (sic) dial 1510 + PIN and press SEND

3. A voice recording will confirm if the load attempt is successful.

This is clearly instructing users to make a call. There is NO sms loading option written on the load card. I have never succeeded with that kind of a call, always used texting RELOAD etc. to 1510

Nangulo

And one more thing:

If you register your SMART prepaid number at smart.com.ph/connect, you can enter the number of a load card and see if it's still valid.

Plus, as written elsewhere by Norseman, you can check the balance of your SMART rewards points. Yes, SMART prepaid numbers earn points, too. Using these points, you can effectively pasaload to other phone numbers walay bayad (without paying), using points lang.

Paul

Paul, the instruction on the card is different from what you posted and it is the following:

!. Scratch blah blah

3. A voice recording will confirm if the load attempt is successful.

This is clearly instructing users to make a call. There is NO sms loading option written on the load card. I have never succeeded with that kind of a call, always used texting RELOAD etc. to 1510

Of course it is. That is why I posted this at the beginning of the thread:

Over the past few months I have begun encountering issues while attempting to load a cell load card into my SMART SIM phone. In certain areas, the card simply will not load. However, when I am in given cell areas, "calling" still works. Unfortunately, SMART is limited in the information they offer you, on the rear of their load cards.

As a SMART subscriber, the only option you are given on the back of a printed cell phone load card, is to enter the following information:

In your text message window, type: 1510 immediately followed by the load card PIN.

Then, press "SEND".

An automated message usually plays, confirming that you have successfully loaded the card into your SIM.

Typically, until recently anyway, this has been the way to load a Smart Buddy phone. However, for those of us who have been having problems doing this, there is an alternative - one that I am about to share with you here and now.

:P:) :)

digiteye

Of course it is. That is why I posted this at the beginning of the thread:

:P :P :P

I beg to differ ... you say there is reference to texting on the card, but there is not

"the only option you are given on the back of a printed cell phone load card, is to enter the following information:

Then, press "SEND".

An automated message usually plays, confirming that you have successfully loaded the card into your SIM. "

Instead the following is printed:

Which refers to a call and does not say that you have to type anything in the text message window. Plus if you are texting, how can you get a voice confirmation? :P

Paul

I meant the window on the cell phone. C'mon man. Don't be so critical.