Sign in to follow this  
Paul

2011 Smart Promos

Paul

Text 60 to 258.

Unlimited text messages for 5 days.

This is a promo that was last year, but is back now too.

It's back again!

Jeepney

Is that only smart? or inc. T&T?

Got a link?

Edited by Dutchpiet

USMC-Retired

I thought I would add something. I have smartbuddy. As I load the phone which I have had for 18 months. I accumulate points. These point can be redeemed as promos.

about_table2b.gif

I am not a big fan of phone and keep minimal balance on the phone. Yet I have 12,000 points.

You can check your balance here: Smart Connect

How to earn Points

2.1. All Accounts, whether or not registered in the Program, will earn points as defined in the Mechanics.

2.2. Bucket packages such as unlitext packages that require mobile registration do not earn points. However bucket packages that are availed via retailer purchases shall be awarded with points based on Suggested Retail Price.

2.3. GSM Specific:

a. Value-Added Services (

Paul
Is that only smart? or inc. T&T?

Got a link?

Link?

From a Smart SIM cell phone, simply type "60".

Text that to "258". You will receive two confirmation messages that you are subscribed to it.

Mark L

I know that Sun has unlimited text for P150 good for 30 days. I know that Smart has some promos that offer unlimited text for 1 to 5 days but does anyone know of a 30 day unlimited text Smart promo?

liquido

I use a similar promo...TXT60 txt to 6402 5 days unlimited txt and 20 mins free call both smart to smart

Link?

From a Smart SIM cell phone, simply type "60".

Text that to "258". You will receive two confirmation messages that you are subscribed to it.

Mark L

I use a similar promo...TXT60 txt to 6402 5 days unlimited txt and 20 mins free call both smart to smart

So if this costs P60 and I have to pay again every 5 days, then in one months time I have spent P360, right?

Not such a good deal... :scratch_head:

liquido

I combine that with the 500p unlimited calling for 30 days..So 860p a month give or take takes care of all my txting/calling is a small price to pay since 99% of the people I know are Smart users...

So if this costs P60 and I have to pay again every 5 days, then in one months time I have spent P360, right?

Not such a good deal... :scratch_head:

Mark L

I combine that with the 500p unlimited calling for 30 days..So 860p a month give or take takes care of all my txting/calling is a small price to pay since 99% of the people I know are Smart users...

Call me kuripot if you like, but its a big difference from Sun's P150 unlimited text for 30 days. Of course, it does depend on what service most of the people you call or text are using.

liquido

Yes im sure Sun is Cheaper in many of there services..There is a reason why..Nobody uses them and there coverage is awful.I switched to Sun internet (being cheaper) about a month back and now back to Smartbro..Try accessing this website with Sun Internet?I have a very bad taste with Sun...

Call me kuripot if you like, but its a big difference from Sun's P150 unlimited text for 30 days. Of course, it does depend on what service most of the people you call or text are using.

Paul

Not such a good deal... :closedeyes:

What are you, Scottish? :D :D Before I started using the promo I posted in the OP here, I was spending up to two-thousand pesos per week, calling and by sending SMS.

Sun, unfortunately, is shit. The coverage for Sun, after they have been in business for years, is still shit. A buddy convinced me to try Sun back in 2007. I used it long enough to get pissed off and throw the SIM away. I went and replaced it with another Smart SIM soon after.

• Like 1

JoMads

What are you, Scottish? :closedeyes::D Before I started using the promo I posted in the OP here, I was spending up to two-thousand pesos per week, calling and by sending SMS.

Sun, unfortunately, is shit. The coverage for Sun, after they have been in business for years, is still shit. A buddy convinced me to try Sun back in 2007. I used it long enough to get pissed off and throw the SIM away. I went and replaced it with another Smart SIM soon after.

That would have been me :-)

Sorry Paul.. (Thnx for the 60p-5day-promo info)

I stopped using Sun not too long after you did.

BUT a few months ago I started using SUN again ...

Sun works well here on the island. The 30-day-240 hrs sun to sun calls never gets used up (that's 4 hours of calls) and the unlimited sun to sun tx gets used quite often. Other network texting and calls comes out the balance, but that what the other phones are for.. One for Globe & one for Smart.. ;-)

JoMads

I thought I would add something. I have smartbuddy. As I load the phone which I have had for 18 months. I accumulate points. These point can be redeemed as promos.

about_table2b.gif

I am not a big fan of phone and keep minimal balance on the phone. Yet I have 12,000 points.

You can check your balance here: Smart Connect

How to earn Points

GREAT POST!! THNX Norseman!

Mark L

That would have been me :-)

Sorry Paul.. (Thnx for the 60p-5day-promo info)

I stopped using Sun not too long after you did.

BUT a few months ago I started using SUN again ...

Sun works well here on the island. The 30-day-240 hrs sun to sun calls never gets used up (that's 4 hours of calls) and the unlimited sun to sun tx gets used quite often. Other network texting and calls comes out the balance, but that what the other phones are for.. One for Globe & one for Smart.. ;-)

Yes, I am finding many of my friends using Sun now with no problems. There are many technical factors which determine how well a wireless service works for different users. One of the most important ones is your physical relationship or distance to a tower. The closer you are, the stronger the signal. It is entirely possible that Sun has developed a better tower network since 2007 in some areas.

Most of us here are aware of the various internet service differences around Cebu, wired or wireless. One works well in one area for someone while another works well for others in a different area. It just depends on where you are.

I am currently a Smart user and considering to add Sun, but I don't want to carry 2 cell phones around and I hate to constantly change a sim card from one service to another. I'm also considering to add a wireless internet option for my laptop for times when I'm not at home. Anyone care to share their experiences with Smart Bro or Sun Broadband wireless?

BTW, why don't we have a smiley emoticon with cell phone? I would love to see a few of those... :closedeyes:

Mark L

GREAT POST!! THNX Norseman!

Ditto!

I just logged into my account and discovered that I have 27,000 points! :D

Let's go shopping!!! :closedeyes: