Greetings from the States

121Gigawatts

121Gigawatts

Hi Everyone!

I came across this site a couple of months ago and have learned a good amount from reading the forums. Everyone here seems really nice and helpful to each other and I hope that I can at some point be helpful to others here too! I'm from the New York City area and have lived here for most of my life. I also lived in Texas for a few years. I'm thinking of retiring in the Cebu area as the high cost of living in the States, and working in unhappy Corporate America have me thinking of a simpler and more care free life.Although it would be more realistic if I retired 8-10 years from now, I long to start a new life in the next year. I plan to visit sometime in the next 8 months to see the area.

In the meantime, I'll keep reading the forums and continue learning from all of your great feedback!

Mr. Mike

I try to make an effort to WELCOME new members! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It is important!,,,just one of the guys( and gals),, Welcome to the forum and a GOOD day to you!

mrmike

Edited by Mr. Mike

Great Scott! Welcome to the forum!

Danishman

:welcome2: to the Forums.

Regards

Flemming.

CardiacKid

Welcome to the Forum :welcome2:

larry1969

Welcome! I am from Texas and once lived in New York..so there...lol. Great place up there and a whole world away from the Phils. There are a TON of pinays in NJ and IMO that would be your first place to start. If you can befriend a few that have been in the states less than 6 months, you would learn so much about the Philippines. Once they are there for a while they will change (maybe better, maybe worse), but they are AWAY so they are no longer 'true pinay'...sorry... Anyways, good luck to you! You sound like a younger guy and I think almost all the younger working-class (not yet retired) guys wished they had worked a few more years before coming. Think about it. :)

mpt1947

Welcome Larry

Gee, Cary never welcomed me

• 1 month later...