Sign in to follow this  
billten

Bodo's Bamboo Bar and Resort

SkyMan

Well if we're going to get into details then I would say that like most PI Restos, if you want a salad and a meal, order the salad and don't order the meal until the salad is in front of you or you'll likely be eating the salad for desert. It's just the way it is.

Edited by SkyMan

billten

The food i ordered was great. The service was excellent also. Personal mileage may vary...

Stranded Shipscook

I don't want to ruin the party but A1 (according to my own experience) is grossly overrated. I wont share much of the details (perhaps they had a bad day in the kitchen) - I just ask you Guenther, what would you think if the meat on the plate is so salty that its simply not edible? When do people in the kitchen over salt meat? You know the answer, and so do I.

What would you think if a 250 peso pork Schnitzel comes out with black burned spots on the breadcrumb (half of the surface) and the other half of the breadcrumb is missing? It was on the same day, at the same table and with the same order. Enough for me not to go again.

The grass is well-manicured, I have to admit.

I agree, that is unacceptable and not A1. Schnitzel is not as easy as people think, its an art !

But that is no excuse at all. I think if this has happened to me, the owner could add me to the list of people he don't like, because i would have refused to eat it, pay it and only when bing satisfied with a new order i would try to "forget" about it and give it another try.

Shit happens in all kitchens, the main reason why i still run a small place and sweat myself off since 13 years. I tried one year with an overpriced cook and gave up. The good cooks are gone abroad or demand so much salary, that any attempt to make a reasonably priced menu would be fruitless. In the city one may be more lucky.

Here is a Schnitzel recipe. (Not the original one, because one can not find VEAL here anyway! More like a Tempura fusion one )

Take a nice piece of fresh lean Pork cutlet,cut in 2 cm max slices. Remove all fat and make sure its at least 1-2 days cured in the ref (after slaugther), so the rigor mortis is gone ! No need to "beat them up band and flatten them, its pork !

Mix egg, flour, salt, pepper and other spice you may like into a kind of frying batter and bath the cutlets in it for a while. You may salt and pepper the cutlets before also, but then they could become too salty !

Heat enough oil in a pan that the culprits can swim well in it ( that prevents the burn !)

In the last moment, coat the cutlets in the ( Japanese breadcrumbs are nice ) breadcrumbs and immeditetly fry until golden brown.

If that doesn't became a good meal, give up cooking, you got no talent. Or keep practising. :lol:

I hope Bodo see this recipe.

digiteye

I agree, that is unacceptable and not A1. Schnitzel is not as easy as people think, its an art !

But that is no excuse at all. I think if this has happened to me, the owner could add me to the list of people he don't like, because i would have refused to eat it, pay it and only when bing satisfied with a new order i would try to "forget" about it and give it another try.

Shit happens in all kitchens, the main reason why i still run a small place and sweat myself off since 13 years. I tried one year with an overpriced cook and gave up. The good cooks are gone abroad or demand so much salary, that any attempt to make a reasonably priced menu would be fruitless. In the city one may be more lucky.

Here is a Schnitzel recipe. (Not the original one, because one can not find VEAL here anyway! More like a Tempura fusion one )

Take a nice piece of fresh lean Pork cutlet,cut in 2 cm max slices. Remove all fat and make sure its at least 1-2 days cured in the ref (after slaugther), so the rigor mortis is gone ! No need to "beat them up band and flatten them, its pork !

Mix egg, flour, salt, pepper and other spice you may like into a kind of frying batter and bath the cutlets in it for a while. You may salt and pepper the cutlets before also, but then they could become too salty !

Heat enough oil in a pan that the culprits can swim well in it ( that prevents the burn !)

In the last moment, coat the cutlets in the ( Japanese breadcrumbs are nice ) breadcrumbs and immeditetly fry until golden brown.

If that doesn't became a good meal, give up cooking, you got no talent. Or keep practising. :lol:

I hope Bodo see this recipe.

Try my way of doing it: keep the slices for a day (or two) in milk with crushed garlic added (of course in the ref). The rest of the procedure is the same, the result is marvelous :D

Edited by digiteye

Stranded Shipscook

Try my way of doing it: keep the slices for a day (or two) in milk with crushed garlic added (of course in the ref). The rest of the procedure is the same, the result is marvelous :D

Definitely better, you know your cuisine, mate !

Mine was the "basic" variation anyway, one can play around endlessly,

But i do not give out all my restaurant secrets, :lol:.

Athena

Definitely better, you know your cuisine, mate !

Mine was the "basic" variation anyway, one can play around endlessly,

But i do not give out all my restaurant secrets, :rofl:.

Tried both your recipes last week and I got mixed reception for my first try. The children love it but the husband was just an okey :o

He was rather spoiled as he cannot forget the schnitzel at the Kibbutz where he worked as a volunteer when he was a young man. Apparently, theKibbutz schnitzel was the volunteers favourite food and was always looked forward to after a hard days work. So many years on, he is still waxing about it. And to annoy him, I never cooked schnitzel until last week.

So please, please Guenther, can you share your secret recipe. Myhusband said my schnitzel lacks the oomph

Jeepney

Tried both your recipes last week and I got mixed reception for my first try. The children love it but the husband was just an okey :)

He was rather spoiled as he cannot forget the schnitzel at the Kibbutz where he worked as a volunteer when he was a young man. Apparently, theKibbutz schnitzel was the volunteers favourite food and was always looked forward to after a hard days work. So many years on, he is still waxing about it. And to annoy him, I never cooked schnitzel until last week.

So please, please Guenther, can you share your secret recipe. Myhusband said my schnitzel lacks the oomph ………. I reckon that must be the spices you are using in your recipe. I promise I will not divulge to anyone your recipe even on the pain of death and will carry the secret to the grave :angel::D

So please, please,pleasssssssssse …………. Pm me your secret spices!!!

Sorry to say,

but I think Guenther took a break from the forum.

So, just maybe someone else may throw his secrets here?

But, you could try this recipe from his native country: http://germanfood.about.com/od/meatbasedrecipesandmenu/r/wienerschnitzel.htm

Edited by Dutchpiet