Hello from Bahrain

Hi all,

Just revived my account so let me introduce myself again :D . I've been married to a girl from Mandaue since 1992 and we have 2 kids (three actually but we lost one at birth - cord-coil). We've been both working here in Bahrain for a long time and look to be settling down in Cebu probably in the next couple of years (that is if the world don't end next week). We've been coming down almost every year on holiday, although the past three trips have not been good; my father-in-law was diagnosed with prostate cancer and lost his battle. Tough few years for the family, but life goes on.

I've been going through the forum the past few days (actually forgot I belonged :lmao: and had to reset my password) and laughing my arse off reading some of the posts.

Thanks for all the updates on the stuff you guys are up to - nice to reacquaint myself on what is happening back in Cebu.

Cheers :thats-funny:

Topper

Wecome back to the forum. Don't remain a stranger for so long this time dHb.

You said you are in Bahrain with your family. Are you by chance in the military or work for a private contractor? Either way it still gets pretty hot there, doesn't it?

Wecome back to the forum. Don't remain a stranger for so long this time dHb.

You said you are in Bahrain with your family. Are you by chance in the military or work for a private contractor? Either way it still gets pretty hot there, doesn't it?

Nope, I work in the Ministry of Health (just a humble civil servant) and yes it gets very hot - it hit 50C the other day... :scratch_head:

To bad they had to cancel the Formula 1 race....

I mean in Bahrain of course....

Edited by Kim_

Hallo from over the causeway! Welcome back to the forum. Are they still shooting people and dragging them off to be tortured over there? There is nothing in the news about it here oldtimer.gif

welcome on this forum. you will really enjoy after joining this forum.

I am not familiar with the Bahrain.. please tell me some thing about Bahrain.

welcome on this forum. you will really enjoy after joining this forum.

I am not familiar with the Bahrain.. please tell me some thing about Bahrain.

Well, Bahrain is a small island off the east coast of Saudi Arabia, better known for the place where people dying of thirst in Saudi can come over and wet their noodles. Seriously though, it was a great place to live in until recently when we experienced the "Arab Spring' sweeping through. Since then, it has been bad but is getting better. Unlike most Middle Eastern countries, Bahrain has tried a form of democracy (it failed) but they seem to be still willing to give it a chance. The problem is between the 2 Islamic sects here: Sunni (who are ruling Bahrain) and Shia (wannabe rulers).

Yep, the F1 race was cancelled due to the protests and the people involved in the protests have been arrested and tried (cases still going on). What p*ssed me off was the media coverage of the whole thing. These reporters were like seagulls