Keep Someone In Your Thoughts And Prayers For Me

Paul

Greetings:

Someone I know, who lives on Leyte, just had a death in the family. It was her baby. It has been expected for some time, due to the babie's deteriorating health. But, I can only imagine what it would feel like to lose a child.

I will be going there very soon to visit her and the family, and will attend the funeral.

If anyone knows what the cost of a funeral would be for a baby, please let me know. I want to pay for it, or at least giving them a generous donation toward the burial. I am quite sure she cannot afford all of the costs.

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,

Greetings:

Someone I know, who lives on Leyte, just had a death in the family. It was her baby. It has been expected for some time, due to the babie's deteriorating health. But, I can only imagine what it would feel like to lose a child.

I will be going there very soon to visit her and the family, and will attend the funeral.

If anyone knows what the cost of a funeral would be for a baby, please let me know. I am considering paying for it, or at least giving them a generous donation toward the burial. I am quite sure she cannot afford all of the costs.

Thanks,

Our prayers and thoughts for the bereaved family of your friend, Paul. The burial and wake will cost you as much 300 to 500 dollars...That's for a simple ordinary family burial in the rural areas. Thanks for helping a fellow filipino...it is always better to give than to receive :D

Thats so sad, I cannot immagine the pain she must be feeling.

hearts and prayers go out to her

tom_shor
Greetings:

If anyone knows what the cost of a funeral would be for a baby, please let me know. I am considering paying for it, or at least giving them a generous donation toward the burial. I am quite sure she cannot afford all of the costs.

Thanks,

Very sorry to hear about your friends baby. Very sad thing to lose a child.

Greetings:

Thanks,

Very sad news Paul we'll pray 4 her.My wifes aunt that raised her died 2 weeks ago in Mangagoy,Mindanao.She went down there the day after her aunt passed.Being she's married to the rich kano and they are all poor fishermen we ended up paying for the funeral.The embalmbing,the casket and the vault were about P20,000 give or take a few pesos.It should be less for a child.Anyway we feel better knowing that they didn't just stand her aunt up in a corner.Hope this might help a little THANKS JOE

Paul

Well, I'm back from Leyte. That was my first experience in the Philippines, to attend a funeral. That was truly, a very sad experience.

It was also the first time I ever heard "How Great Thou Art" in Cebuano. I was almost, almost tempted to sing along with the other mourners, but not quite enough temptation was there. (I cannot sing at all!) Anyway, "How Great Thou Art" was my mother's most favorite song in the entire world. That was one pleasant experience while there.

Anyway, while I enjoy learning every possible thing I can about the Philippines, a funeral is one part that I'm in no hurry to learn about. Oh, this was not a Catholic funeral. The woman is Christian, non-denominational. The baby passed one evening and was buried the next afternoon.

I do not mean to be tacky, considering the event that just took place. But, I feel as though this is something that others may wish to know. So, I am going to list the expenses that I know of, concerning this burial.

The Cost: I don't know about all the costs, but I felt as though I would offer to pay the expenses, because I know she isn't working yet. (Though, she recently got approved for a 6 month contract at Gaisano, Ormoc.)

I know what Paul (not me) paid for food, so the entire family could eat. That was Php 2,000. Additionally, he paid for flowers and other expenses. I gave her Php 1,000 for cement, blocks, etc. I gave her another Php 2,000 for miscellaneous expenses, as well as Php 500 for a load card to contact other family, friends, etc. who may be out of town but would like to know about the passing of the child. Lastly, the car to carry the small casket to the gravesite was Php 400.

She said the money Paul and I gave was well over what was needed. Can you imagine, a funeral that would cost less than $50 USD to have? Not in the US.

Apologies for not replying to this thread before, but my thoughts and prayers (as an Agnostic) are with the family.

About 4 years ago I went to a funeral in Toledo for a one year old, who'd died of measles. It was one of the saddest experiences I've ever witnessed, seeing the poor child laid out in his coffin.

I gave a few thousand pesos to help with the funeral expenses. Whatever you give doesn't equate with the loss of potential that child represented and there's nothing you, or any of us can do about that that.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Just a note on funerals here and not to be cold-hearted because I believe that the innocent (children) pass immediately to Jesus.

I would caution about forking over big money, in their eyes, for funerals...especially the Chatholic type, where they display the departed for days.

The money will possibly be used for basically an extensive party at your expense. Gambling, eating (3xdaily+) & big-time drinking, with no respect for the dead, or their loved ones at all.

Have witnessed it first hand & was completely disgusted at the entire affair. :cool_01:

Paul

I understand where you are coming from, Crew. In this case, I have known the woman for a couple of years. I also have known for a some time, that her baby would probably not live through 2007. I set in my mind back then that I would pay any and all expenses, to help her out when the time came up.

Fortunately, I also had a very good friend (like my little brother), who donated money as well, to help with other expenses prior to my arrival.

• 1 month later...
Just a note on funerals here and not to be cold-hearted because I believe that the innocent (children) pass immediately to Jesus.

I would caution about forking over big money, in their eyes, for funerals...especially the Chatholic type, where they display the departed for days.

The money will possibly be used for basically an extensive party at your expense. Gambling, eating (3xdaily+) & big-time drinking, with no respect for the dead, or their loved ones at all.

Have witnessed it first hand & was completely disgusted at the entire affair. :welcome:

I have done some study in tantra, ritual etc in relation to my spiritual work

What ever they do, i think its working for them, cos back in my country we have a one full year of mourning for the dead yet it is not effective, the dead always comes to haunt the family with unfulfilled desires, bad karma etc...

What i said is unscientific but spiritual in aspect and i would learn their methods and culture and share it with my people back home..cos its working for them very well here..

My prayers are with the family of the baby

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing can change the grievous loss. You could gently share with her that the innocent will live in heaven, that she should not believe that she will never see the baby. She should keep her faith, her hope, be patient and trust the Lord and in the fullness of time, when God calls her to the mansion prepared for her in His time, that she >will< see her baby, who will be waiting for her and watching her mother patiently, through the years, in God's hands.

Edited by Oregonguy