Sign in to follow this  
ron100

my hotmail has been blocked

ron100

hi, tried to open my Hotmail and messenger today and it comes up as being blocked , have done all the things they ask but still not have any luck,

any thoughts,

ron

USMC-Retired

Try This

Account Recovery

David Spicer

I have several Hotmail accounts and recently one was locked due to being compromised and sending out spam. I tried account recovery, which was not possible, so I contacted Customer Service. For obvious reasons, they would not give me any information other than to send them information related to the account verifying that the account was indeed mine. Since this was at least a 10 year old account, until then I never realized just how hard of a task it is to prove that you are in fact the owner of an account. I failed on the first attempt and they gave me 1 more try which succeded.

Paul

Ron, please contact any of the administrators here if you need your email address changed on your forums account.

ron100

hi guys thanks for the reply , but got it back and working now as this was my main account and was over 14/16 yrs i have had it ,so could not remember any security questions at all, but managed to get it back now, some how

thanks

ron

Edited by ron100

fredanna

hi guys thanks for the reply , but got it back and working now as this was my main account and was over 14/16 yrs i have had it ,so could not remember any security questions at all, but managed to get it back now, some how

thanks

ron

Yous guys living in the Phils have a lot of problems with hacking in SE Asia. I had a Hotmail and Ebay account that someone hacked into during our stay there last year. The Ebay account was temporarily deactivated until eBay informed me of the breach and the spam my account created all over eBay. They suggested changing all passwords that were linked to eBay.

Fred

USMC-Retired

Just to clarify a few things.

If you are traveling overseas to a country that is know for spammers and hackers. China Philippines India and so on. Companies flag these IP's. Google Yahoo and MSN all flag them. You will have to go through the process of confirming it is you. If you mess that up three times the account is normally locked. It has nothing to do with people trying to hack your account. It is about protecting you. People get locked out because for 5 years your account said Texas and now it says Cebu. Additionally you failed the identification verification.

So prior to traveling ensure you have done all the steps to update your email, banks, online shops and anything that you will need. As they normally ask you a security question, phone number, address, secondary email and many more. If you do not know this info you will be SOL.