Australian Humour -VS- American Humor

Bob Ward

Headshot found it hard to "figure" that two Australians who are apparently of either Irish, Welsh, or Scottish ancestry were "arguing" over English language... I felt it my duty to offer some explanation. Not for a moment did I invite a personal attack from an overly sensitive member who was unable or unwilling to see the tongue which was planted firmly in my cheek. I therefore invite your good self to "get over it".

The part about "my best mate is Irish" reminds me of the white supremacist who when cornered utters those immortal words "I am not racist, some of my best friends are n*****s".

where was the "personal" attack Jesse...??? can't see it myself....please help me out here..!!

You have such a big mouth about your Irish heritage ... I thought I would let you know about mine... one that I am neither proud of nor ashamed of.... it's just my heritage......I'm british....ok?

and if you're going to quote people then do it accurately.

You constantly whine and whinge about the rough deal that your ancestors got....all I can say is "stiff shit"... that's life...

and if you want to take it down stairs ..... be my guest...

Edited by ILPI
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• UZI

• broden

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

the problem with a forum like this as opposed to actual face to face real life is you boys can't settle stuff like this over a beer, so how's about since you both got your jabs in you just let it go, there's no fight to win here

Wombat No More

A new migrant to Oz, from the U.S., got a job at a building site.

He was only there five minutes and he was outraged at being called a 'bastard'.

He complains to the foreman loudly proclaiming his legitimacy.

The foreman, in an attempt to restore some mutual understanding, calls out,

"Righto you blokes, which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"

The same fella, when he had applied for the job above, had informed the boss that he had had his testicles removed a few years before due to cancer.

The boss hired him and said "report to the foreman at 8 o'clock tomorrow morning... The other blokes start at 7 but you can come at 8 every morning".

The Yank says "Well sir, why do I start an hour later?"

The reply... "Well, the other workers just stand around the first hour scratching their balls!"

ok Wombat....

I appreciate your effort to diffuse the animosity.....

the joke gets 6 out of 10.......

a damned fine effort

Jimone

I had a gift shop in the tourist town of Cairns Australia for some 8 years and enjoyed joking with my customers from around the world. The Kiwis would get my jokes the best followed by the British, Americans and Canadians got most of them but at least would understand that I was joking,, most times.. Other Europeans like Germans and Italians mostly had no idea.. For example I be asked quiet often for change from notes, if offered a 5 dollar note to change my standard line was sorry, but i only change 10 dollar notes, most would just laugh as they passed the money over to be changed except Europeans, I had to console one German girl as she felt offended because she had the wrong note. Not sure about Septics and Canadians but Ozzie's and Kiwis take great pleasure in taking the piss out of each other... When I was in Wonica a few years ago [ a small town in the south island of New Zealand ] at the local petrol station there was a notice on the notice board that read ,,,, BREAKING NEWS, MASSAGE EARTHQUAKE HIT AUCKLAND, 10,000 KIWIS DEAD, THE WORLD COMMUNITY HAS REACTED QUICKLY, THE USA ARE SENDING DOCTORS AND MEDIC IAN, THE RUSHIER IS SENDING FOOD AND BLANKETS AND AUSTRALIA IS SENDING 10,000 REPLACEMENT KIWIS.. I said to the lady behind the counter " thats a bit hard on yourself " she replayed .. my daughter went to Sydney for a holiday 3 years ago and wont come home ,,,,.. I think sometimes Americans take things to literally or seriously while Australian and Kiwis tend to look at the lighter side first..

post-3349-0-27538500-1307233927_thumb.jpg

Mailman

I think sometimes Americans take things to literally or seriously while Australian and Kiwis tend to look at the lighter side first..

Can't say that I agree with that exactly but it may be true for others.

What say you, Jesse?

:stick_poke:

Headshot

Headshot found it hard to "figure" that two Australians who are apparently of either Irish, Welsh, or Scottish ancestry were "arguing" over English language... I felt it my duty to offer some explanation. Not for a moment did I invite a personal attack from an overly sensitive member who was unable or unwilling to see the tongue which was planted firmly in my cheek. I therefore invite your good self to "get over it".

The part about "my best mate is Irish" reminds me of the white supremacist who when cornered utters those immortal words "I am not racist, some of my best friends are n*****s".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the explanation Jesse. After this little back-and-forth, it is much clearer to me. :stick_poke:

Thanks for the last statement. I was thinking the same thing. :)

Edited by Headshot
Jess Bartone

What say you, Jesse?

I say whatever comes into my head.

• 2 weeks later...

This is priceless.............this Aussie has a sense of humour for sure...Dalai Lama - not so much.