Australian Humour -VS- American Humor

Bob Ward

Spango58

i would have Aussie humour anyday, we dont take ourselfs so serious, put shit on each other and laugh it off, i have seen the end result of American humour whilst serving overseas in Somalia, resulted in the shooting of a fella (American) over nothing, never forget it and left a lasting impression on me about Americans.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• UZI

• broden

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tom_shor

You want to know how much Americans Know about Australia. Nothing. Most think it is some small island on the other side of the globe. Ask a few. Most will tell you it is smaller then Texas. It will show the ignorance to it and its size. I would venture to think it is not just of Australia but of any country as Americans live in the bubble of the US. Knowing but actually not caring about anything outside of the bubble. This is what Americans think Australia is.

crocodile_dundee.jpg

So you think Pricilla Queen of the Desert painted a clearer picture? :twocents:

tom_shor

post-8399-0-85888500-1305720300_thumb.jpg

Where did you get that picture of my ex?

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, Australian scientists found

Traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that

Their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by their neighbours, in the weeks that followed, an American

Archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times:

"American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their

Ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Australians".

One week later, the British authorities reported the following:

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in North Yorkshire, Jack Arkwright, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely f*** all.

Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Britain had already gone wireless."

Just makes you bloody proud to be British, don't it!

Edited by UZI
Athena

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, Australian scientists found

Traces of copper wire dating back 200 years and came to the conclusion that

Their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 150 years ago.

Not to be outdone by their neighbours, in the weeks that followed, an American

Archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, a story published in the New York Times:

"American archaeologists, finding traces of 250-year-old copper wire, have concluded that their

Ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Australians".

One week later, the British authorities reported the following:

"After digging as deep as 30 feet in North Yorkshire, Jack Arkwright, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely f*** all.

Jack has therefore concluded that 250 years ago, Britain had already gone wireless."

Just makes you bloody proud to be British, don't it!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mailman

... Ur as useful as an ejector seat in a helicopter.

LOL Don't tell that to the Russians.

The Ka-50/52 has a few 'firsts' for a helicopter.

loosehead

The British have the best humour because they love to laugh at themselves and much of their humour is understated, subtle and delivered with a straight face.

tom_shor

The British have the best humour because they love to laugh at themselves and much of their humour is understated, subtle and delivered with a straight face.

I don't know if it is the best but it is very funny. Occasionally one just whizzes right by me though. (Especially if I fall asleep in the bathroom.)

Ken Oath

I remember years back when i met a now very good American mate of mine, he was in the company of Aussies and someone called him a Seppo, his reply was " I'm no god damn Yankee, i'm from South Carolina" .

22 years on the friendly banter continues between us.

Bob Ward

They don't have a choice, so that's a given! :shitstormretarded:

Paul

Kevin Bloody Wilson!

That foul mouthed criminal - I love to hear his songs.

Jess Bartone

Kevin Bloody Wilson!

That foul mouthed criminal - I love to hear his songs.

Take your pick... he's a legend.

USMC-Retired
I think you are not giving our countrymen enough credit

Paul I would never have thought of this if someone at Rogers Place had not argued with a guy from Australia that it was no bigger then Texas.

I do agree Brits have some of the best sense of humor. Just not as serious.

Why didn't the Brit use toothpaste? Because he said his teeth weren't loose.

Edited by Norseman
Paul

Paul I would never have thought of this if someone at Rogers Place had not argued with a guy from Australia that it was no bigger then Texas.

I do agree Brits have some of the best sense of humor. Just not as serious.

Why didn't the Brit use toothpaste? Because he said his teeth weren't loose.

Tim, that was one guy. And besides, everyone knows that Texas is bigger than Australia. :(

Ozepete

Tim, that was one guy. And besides, everyone knows that Texas is bigger than Australia. :(

Ya must be kidding, Australia's got horse paddocks bigger than Texas! tongue.gif