Sign in to follow this  
Cary

20% of Obamacare waivers went to Pelosi

Baywak

Cary what I love is that We are rid of bush.If Obama did a major intense screw up everyday for 8 years he could not come close to the atrocity bush.But Obama is'nt doing that.He actually has brains and he knows how to use them.The Donald John McCain was born in Panama.Mitt Romney republican who ran for Pres. passed the same health care in Massachusetts as Obama is trying to secure natuionwide.

She helped ram this down our throats. She said we would love it after its passed but we can't see it yet. All told I guess 20% is fair. Her own constitutes will be allowed to suffer under the rotten current system so the 20% will ease their pain while the rest of us enjoys Obamacare. Don't you just love it?

Edited by Baywak

Cary

How is this related to Obamacare? This thread is about Obamacare in particular and healthcare in general. Whether you like or dislike Obama, Bush, whomever, does not matter. Obamacare/healthcare only please.

Cary what I love is that We are rid of bush.If Obama did a major intense screw up everyday for 8 years he could not come close to the atrocity bush.But Obama is'nt doing that.He actually has brains and he knows how to use them.The Donald John McCain was born in Panama.Mitt Romney republican who ran for Pres. passed the same health care in Massachusetts as Obama is trying to secure natuionwide.

Thanks Baywak for going back on topic.

TheDuke

There are so many misstatements in this thread regarding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). The right-wing noise machine has done wonderful job of demonizing a program which would benefit millions of people. The noise machine has trumpeted "costs, costs, costs -- it's going cost YOU. This has brought out the greed theme -- like nothing could be worse than some poor person obtaining health care. However, you don't see them repealing their own memberships in the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program which is a heavily taxpayer-subsidized plan with broad choices, generous provisions and low premiums thanks to discounted rates. The truth is there is a gap between the talk and the walk of lawmakers who oppose

Baywak

Your welcome Cary.

To get back on topic=I know bush could care less then less about healthcare.

How is this related to Obamacare? This thread is about Obamacare in particular and healthcare in general. Whether you like or dislike Obama, Bush, whomever, does not matter. Obamacare/healthcare only please.

Thanks Baywak for going back on topic.

Cary

Duke;

As I told Guenther, no one is against affordable healthcare, especially for the poor. What I am against is this program which promotes care for all, etc. Isn't that already being done? I know for a fact it is in California. As I said we call it the County and everyone goes there. Including the millions of illegals. They are seen, they are treated, they are not turned away. But because so many people are there, they have a long wait because the guy with the knife or gun shot is seen first. Obamacare is nothing more than government take over. Period.

There are so many misstatements in this thread regarding the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). The right-wing noise machine has done wonderful job of demonizing a program which would benefit millions of people. The noise machine has trumpeted "costs, costs, costs -- it's going cost YOU. This has brought out the greed theme -- like nothing could be worse than some poor person obtaining health care. However, you don't see them repealing their own memberships in the Federal Employees Health Benefit Program which is a heavily taxpayer-subsidized plan with broad choices, generous provisions and low premiums thanks to discounted rates. The truth is there is a gap between the talk and the walk of lawmakers who oppose "the federal takeover of health care" while accepting federal medical benefits. The reason they do this is simple. They are financed by rich and powerful people and corporations. In exchange for their help staying in office, they pass laws that make them richer and more powerful. I find it disturbing that people are so incensed that some of their tax $$ just might help a poor person who could otherwise die. And some of these people would have us think they are just the best little Christians that God ever created.

Cipro
The fundamental error you also state is "MANY", how much are Many ?

A large portion of the surgeons we have recruited in the last 12 months were from Europe, a lot from Germany. If An american company offers a low paid German Dr. the chance to come to America and be a high paid American Dr., most take it. So if we get our pick, what does that leave Germany?

HINT: It leaves the ones we didn't want.

I find it disturbing that people are so incensed that some of their tax $$$ just might help a poor person who could otherwise die.

I find it disturbing that some people think it's OK to steal my money at gunpoint to pay someone else medical bills.

RogerDuMond

Your welcome Cary.

To get back on topic=I know bush could care less then less about healthcare.

You were asked twice to stay on topic.

RogerDuMond

The noise machine has trumpeted "costs, costs, costs -- it's going cost YOU. This has brought out the greed theme -- like nothing could be worse than some poor person obtaining health care.

I can't speak for any state other than Florida, but as Cary said about California, we have health clinics here that uninsured people can go to for medical care. Also any hospital here is required by law to treat emergencies.

Cary

Exactly Roger.

So I ask what is it that the promises of Obamacare do that the current system does not? And we all know that answer, nothing.

I can't speak for any state other than Florida, but as Cary said about California, we have health clinics here that uninsured people can go to for medical care. Also any hospital here is required by law to treat emergencies.

mpt1947

A large portion of the surgeons we have recruited in the last 12 months were from Europe, a lot from Germany. If An american company offers a low paid German Dr. the chance to come to America and be a high paid American Dr., most take it. So if we get our pick, what does that leave Germany?

HINT: It leaves the ones we didn't want.

I find it disturbing that some people think it's OK to steal my money at gunpoint to pay someone else medical bills.

As Cary pointed out - in California they already have healthcare for the poor - the County pays for it - now where do counties get the money to pay for that healthcare - yep at gunpoint from you.

Because I belong to a long established single payer system (VA) I haven't paid that much attention to all the nuances of the new national healthcare plan. But I understand that everyone will be required to have a policy, that they will have to pay something for - Insurance companies will need to justify rate hikes, drugs will be cheaper.

As a taxpayer (unless you are a poor SOB as myself and live in the Philippines), you are going to have to pay for someone's health care anyway, won't it be better to pay less then more?

Cary

Mike look here:

http://www.cnsnews.com/node/64614

This is what I kept referring to in earlier posts. Obama's own guy admitted that Obamacare will raise cost, not lower it. So again since the current system already does everything that Obama says he wants then what changes? Big Brother gets bigger and we get a bigger bill.

Cary

To everyone that thinks Obamacare is so great all..

Why is Congress exempt from it?

Why did Pelosi make sure her friends are exempt from it?

The fact that the authors of this piece of garbage don't want any part of it for themselves and or their families and friends speak volumes does it not?

RogerDuMond

This is what I kept referring to in earlier posts. Obama's own guy admitted that Obamacare will raise cost, not lower it. So again since the current system already does everything that Obama says he wants then what changes? Big Brother gets bigger and we get a bigger bill.

There are things that can be done to lower costs without the implementation of Obamacare.

1. Remove punitive damages from malpractice suits. Make the patient whole, but not a millionaire at our expense.

2. Allow insurance companies to compete across state lines.

3. Expand the use of county clinics. Turn any uninsured non-emergency away from emergency rooms and send them to the county clinics.

4. Allow hospitals to donate part of the savings from not treating uninsured patients to the county clinics and claim it against profits. Allow doctors to donate time to clinics and take it off their taxes.

5. Florida has just passed a law to require all applicants for welfare and Medicaid pay for and pass a drug test. If they pass they will be reimbursed and get the assistance if not, tough luck. All states should do the same.

6. Allow drug companies to donate medications to clinics and take it off of their taxes.

7. A significant portion of the uninsured are illegals. Treat them and then deport them.

Cipro
As a taxpayer (unless you are a poor SOB as myself and live in the Philippines), you are going to have to pay for someone's health care anyway, won't it be better to pay less then more?

Funny enough "pay less then more" is what it looks like we are going to do.

Cary

Roger;

Stop making sense. :shitstormretarded:

There are things that can be done to lower costs without the implementation of Obamacare.

1. Remove punitive damages from malpractice suits. Make the patient whole, but not a millionaire at our expense.

2. Allow insurance companies to compete across state lines.

3. Expand the use of county clinics. Turn any uninsured non-emergency away from emergency rooms and send them to the county clinics.

4. Allow hospitals to donate part of the savings from not treating uninsured patients to the county clinics and claim it against profits. Allow doctors to donate time to clinics and take it off their taxes.

5. Florida has just passed a law to require all applicants for welfare and Medicaid pay for and pass a drug test. If they pass they will be reimbursed and get the assistance if not, tough luck. All states should do the same.

6. Allow drug companies to donate medications to clinics and take it off of their taxes.

7. A significant portion of the uninsured are illegals. Treat them and then deport them.