Bringing Food in Carry on Luggage

yeah I'm not going to bother, even if I was allowed to bring in spices or whatever, if it's a grey area I'd rather not take any risks.

KennyF

Sort of on the same subject.

How do the security guys handle booze?

I guess they must allow you to board with duty free hooch otherwise the duty free shops would have closed long ago but what about a bottle of electric soup you buy in SM like Tandua 12 year?

KinP

Mandingo

I have brought everything from frozen King Crab to smoked meats with me coming into the Philippines and have never had a problem. If I am carrying something that may be questionable or perishable and don't want them looking at it (keeping it for themselves) I put a $5 dollar note in my passport and when they check my passport the Custom Agent will take it, smile and waive me through with no questions. I have never my bags even opened by Philippine Customs.

Was told to do the $5 thing by my crew of Filipino workers here in the States.

musicman666

australia is so anal about food imports that its off the chart ..however when its the other way round going into the philippines they dont really give a toss!!

australia is so anal about food imports that its off the chart ..however when its the other way round going into the philippines they dont really give a toss!!

Excuse me but that's a bit rude, I don't work at our airports. I have posted here to ask and I'm very concerned about the rules which is the reason for asking! I guess your from Englad by the flag your waving in your avatar, I'm sure they are also very strict! Read the entire thread next time before acting like an arrogant pig or asshle, you would have seen I wrote this in my last message "yeah I'm not going to bother, even if I was allowed to bring in spices or whatever, if it's a grey area I'd rather not take any risks. "

Edited by gedw
musicman666

Excuse me but that's a bit rude, I don't work at our airports. I have posted here to ask and I'm very concerned about the rules which is the reason for asking! I guess your from Englad by the flag your waving in your avatar, I'm sure they are also very strict! Read the entire thread next time before acting like an arrogant pig or asshle, you would have seen I wrote this in my last message "yeah I'm not going to bother, even if I was allowed to bring in spices or whatever, if it's a grey area I'd rather not take any risks. "

dont take this the wrong way but i did not insult you or anyone else.... if you could fully understand english you would fully understand me.

translation....what i said was that australia where you are now has much tougher rules than the philippines... and in my experience the philippines doesnt care what you bring in.

and to be honest you ought to read the rules about insulting other members like what you just did.... sure way to get banned!

Edited by musicman666
Ozepete

You bet they are strict about food imports, and so they should be.

We don't want any of your diseases in our produce. Oz agricultural produce is re-known for being free of diseases and therefore commands premium prices.

We don't want some low life introducing something like foot & mouth etc and causing billions of dollars worth of damage.

That said, actually they can't be too strict, they let most of you Poms in!! rofl.gifrofl.gif (Just kidding.)

Cheers..

Paul

It would have been a better idea to be more concerned about the rules of this forum, than at an airport..