Greetings from Dubai

RobDavao

I know it's a forum for mainly Cebu but you gotta think global, so hello from Dubai. Anyway, I'm Rob, engaged to a FIlipina in Davao and now a fairly frequent visitor there. I didn't intend to visit so frequently but the house we (ok "she") just bought that required "a bit of renovation" is proving more troublesome than expected. I'm so lucky everyone in the Philippines knows someone who knows a builder, but when an architect arrives without a measuring tape the warning bells start.

I could write a book on my limited experiences in the Philippines but those who haven't experienced the country, culture and difficulties would think it's pure fiction, but we love the place, don't we?

So after lurking on a number of Forums for a couple of years I decided it was time to join one and here I am. I wonder whether I'm just desperate to find people who've suffered like me and survived........

Regards to all.

Rob

Paul

Well, Rob, we can see you are a sensible guy. You chose the right forum to join. :cry:

Welcome.

loosehead

welcome Rob. I look forward to reading about the renovation project

Welcome to the forum from the other side of the Empty Quarter!

welcome3.gif