Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

Faster Page Loads Globe

UZI

My router is configured. Additionally my Machine, additionally my modem/router. Does me absolutely no good.

I have tried every trick known to man. I can not get it to work. However I am wimax and not DSL.

That is correct of what they provide. Then cap it at 25gigs a month.

However reading that big orange check. I had to research my facts more. Correction. DSL not all connections are tapped against port 53. And which switch drives the bus to the server. Depends on location. All Wireless connections are 3G Hspa and Wimax.

Tim

Please believe me, I am not trying to argue, just trying to understand this too. Not as tech as you. It seems that because mine is wired that I get different rules. I download more than 25gigs a month too.

I also use Outlook Express so how come it works if POP is blocked

USMC-Retired

Ok I just tried with the globe siemens speedstream router. Programed the computer. Went to the router and looked at the settings. This is a low end home package. 384 style. It seems the DNS is hard coded into the router/modem. So no matter what settings I use at the computer I can not change what the router/modem display to the wan. Unless you wish to purchase a DNS from DNS.org.

However if you have the modem diffrent type modem/router it can be customized I assume. Since I have both wired and wireless I had to take a double check.

What package do you have. Remember anything over 1Mb is not considered basic residential.

I believe you and has me questioning what I read and now I am testing everything. However I still find the same answers.

Edited by Norseman

UZI

Ok I just tried with the globe siemens speedstream router. Programed the computer. Went to the router and looked at the settings. This is a low end home package. 384 style. It seems the DNS is hard coded into the router/modem. So no matter what settings I use at the computer I can not change what the router/modem display to the wan. Unless you wish to purchase a DNS from DNS.org.

However if you have the modem diffrent type modem/router it can be customized I assume. Since I have both wired and wireless I had to take a double check.

What package do you have. Remember anything over 1Mb is not considered basic residential.

I have the 1Mb internet & phoneline package for P1290 a month. Had it in Laguna too. The Modem / Router is Prolink ADSL2

USMC-Retired

I guess if have that router you are in luck. I do not... So there you have it folks the answer....

I would sugggest anyone to change there settings. The DNS servers for Globe are slow and overworked.

If you have the Siemens router well call them and ask for another router. Drop yours in water or something. JJ

Edited by Norseman

dankind

Not to bump this. However if you want to check if you are being blocked on port 53.

Click this link

Where it says port put in 53.

this link/site is incorrect -- it checks if a server you are running on your local machine is reachable from the outside....

To test if a certain port is blocked, you'll need to open a command/terminal window (cmd) and run:

telnet 8.8.8.8 53

and see if it can connect.... if not then the port is blocked. I don't believe globe blocks DNS (at least on DSL..) as the condotel I'm staying at is using a globe connection and DNS works fine using 8.8.8.8.

However, they DO block DNS on the globe prepaid internet I use on my cell phone... if I'm not using the globe DNS servers I am unable to resolve any domain names..

easy44

OpenDNS tested out ok for me. I'm using wired Globe DSL.

USMC-Retired

It is only the wireless. Unlucky for Globe tattoo and wimax. The rest are good.