Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Hey Tim ... my "c" key is no longer working....

KennyF

Paul, to type an upper case "C" hold down the left [Alt] key and enter "067" on the keypad (with num lock on) then release the [Alt] key.

lower case is "099"

There is also an on screen keyboard in XP by going to [start] - [All Programs] - [Accessories] - [Accessibility] and click on [On Screen Keyboard]

ffa70b42cfff653023900380bec50b19f1d193b2.gif

mojo

http://tinyurl.com/6y8gjb9

also dont use wd40 or crc ,,, use electrical contact cleaner

Edited by mojo

Davaoeno

http://tinyurl.com/6y8gjb9

also dont use wd40 or crc ,,, use electrical contact cleaner

i figured that wd40 was not the fight thing to use- however it seems some people do use it : [ but maybe only as a last resort !!]

How to Fix the Problem: After the liquid spill occurs, immediately turn off your laptop, flip the laptop upside down and leave it that way (to drain the liquid) for at least 20 to 30 minutes. After that time you need to remove any attached leads such as the power unit and battery and let the laptop dry overnight. download steptoe and son online

How to Remove Any Remaining Liquid: Remove the keyboard assembly (or have someone do it for you if you can

SkyMan

Does anyone else wonder how you can post that your "c" key doesn't work if your "c" key doesn't work?

KID

You (ould use this key (, instead of a c in an emergen(y situation

Paul

LOL. Thanks, guys. I decided to run down to the local computer store and pick up a USB keyboard until I could take this thing up to Tim, to see if he could fix it.

Thanks to all who replied.

Danishman, loved your post. :stick_poke:

broden

Post 12....it took until post TWELVE......then Broden just couldn't leave it alone could he :biggrin_01:

i could of said bunt

but then i would of had to post the entire Monty Python travel agent sketch