Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Hey Tim ... my "c" key is no longer working....

Paul

HELP me, please! It's probably the most pressed key on my keyboard.

Oh, this is on my Toshiba laptop.

Edited by Admin

Bob Ward

Jak Daniels is still good!

USMC-Retired

If it were mine. I would remove the key board and then wash it with hot soap and water. Rinse well and leave in sun to dry for a few hours.

Not sure if this is your model however if not just search yours.

A55 Laptop

Also I would assume that the space bar is the most pressed. Unlessyoursentenceslooklikethisone.

Edited by Norseman

Paul

I have to give you that one. I guess I meant of my alphabet keys, it's the most pressed one.

Um, I would rather someone who has experience at dissecting a laptop. Interested?

USMC-Retired

Next time you are up this way just bring it along. We can meet up. Use an external USB till then.

Paul

Thanks, man.

Mr. Mike

Have you tried removing the C key button and exercising the key itself? Worked for me a while back on an older keyboard of mine.

tom_shor

I have to give you that one. I guess I meant of my alphabet keys, it's the most pressed one.

Um, I would rather someone who has experience at dissecting a laptop. Interested?

Other than in the topic I haven't seen any c's in your last two posts. What are you doing on your laptop. :D

Mr. Mike

................it's boldfaced "trickery" I tell ya! Paul is telling stories! :D

Danishman

Hi Paul.

I can easily imagine your problems with the missing "C" on your laptop:

I was lucky to "hack" your laptop, short after the "C" left your keyboard.

Dear armen.

My name is Paul and lives in ar ar. I do not have a ar, but usually I get piked up by a eres line coach if they an figure out how to stop here in ar ar. I've notced that it an be worse in onsolation where there are many urves - it an ause problems with the lutch. Perhaps I should move to ebu ity.

It´s a bit diffiult to ommuniate with you, my dear, ause my ellphone is not made for too many all´s at all and my internet onnetion also ause atastrpohal ontat with the world outside ebu ity.

But I have to end for now - I have to go to omfortroom now, or I´ll loose my selfontrol.

Arry on my dear - and don´t forget to let the at out.

Sinerely Paul C Without.:D

Regards

Flemming

Edited by Danishman

mojo

using windows?

go to start/programs/accessories/accessability on screen key board...

use that to type c then copy/paste,,, yeah i know its crap but will get u out of trouble....

i use onscreen keyboard on shared pc's (net cafe, work pc's) if checking email account etc because alot of passwords and login info are stolen by keyloggers.

broden

you silly unt

A_Simple_Man

When I had a similar problem I downloaded a virtual keyboard, (you can search for it LOL) and kept it minimized. Whenever I needed to fill in that key I used the virtual keyboard and the mouse. Pain in ass, yes. Did it work in a pinch, also yes.

UZI

you silly unt

Post 12....it took until post TWELVE......then Broden just couldn't leave it alone could he :coffee:

Davaoeno

i figure this isnt recommended but it worked for me [ after all what did i have to lose- if it didnt work i still needed a new keyboard? lol] I sprayed mine with wd40 and it fixed it. i figure the contacts or whatever werent clean enuf to work.