Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

Streaming Software

USMC-Retired

I am still currently testing this and working some bugs out. However I am creating a LIVE CD or USB. This will allow you to stream via the CD or USB. It contains all the patches and plugins. This way you can Stream TV Sports any other event with out installing anything. I will release a Beta version of this soon for download and if anyone wishes to beta test this let me know via PM.

If you are unsure what this contains or what it can do click the TV at the bottom.

Once I have completed it and made it work I will release it completely. Since the software is free, I will provide an ISO for download. I ask that you do one of two things. Become a sponsor here or donate to me if you like this release. My page that is linked at the bottom will soon have a donate link. However nothing will be asked.

I can LBC or other carrier to you a CD or USB drive to make this work. Cost will incur. I have it working now however trying to speed up the rates of data transfer and memory usage. So I need beta testers.

Edited by Norseman

srfc1

Hello,

Anyone who knows me,knows I like sports.This is what caught my eye in your post.Also,anyone who knows me knows that I am not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to technology,computers,etc etc.

Please do not get the wrong idea with this question.But what is different to this idea as against sites already on the internet that provide free live sports events(eg. Manny vs Moseley last Saturday night).At any time of the day I can watch free live sports with local commentary form the local broadcasters(American commentary on NFL,NHL from the host broadcaster, OZ/NZ/SA commentary on Super15 Rugby etc etc).I usually use two particular sites that stream the event to my PC. IF I wanted,I could connect a cable from the laptop to the TV to watch it on the TV rather than the laptop,

RE: Movies,again,two particular sites I use for movies.

As I said,please dont get the wrong idea about my question.I am just curious to know the difference.

Dec

USMC-Retired

I can name 100's of sites that will give you movies. I can name hundreds of sites that will give you sports. However knowing what software is junk and which is good can be a trick. Additionally which sites are good which are bad.

Example. Sopcast a great program yet installs a toolbar and a BHO. Additionally Streamtorrents one of the best program has a set to expire that does not work unless you get the update. The Chinese programs are the worse so much spyware and malware. Divx has great software however packaged with Nortan Antivirus and a tool bar. I could go on and on. You look young so this is not as foreign to you as to your Dad. There are over 30,000 Movies and over 80,000 TV shows. No web interface. It all runs from inside a program. There is a web interface that can be used and should be used thus getting many sports. In my experience people will have 5+ tool bars installed and 5+ BHO's installed. Each one updates each one has tracking. Slowing you down. Also many sites fake a download and directly install malware and adware to you machine. It is a common ploy.

Feel Free to PM me. I will give you anything I have and you can do the same. Sounds like you found some awesome sites. Thus you can help me help others and I can do the same for you. If you get what you want then great you are among the few not the many.

Additionally this will run on All three systems Linux Mac and Windows. Something that can not be done with just the software.

Also would it not be nice to just pop in a CD and then it is already configured and you do not need to install anything. That is what I am trying to accomplish. Though program writing is fun.

PS I did watch the fight. Yuck yuck yuck so boring I would have rather watched cricket.

Edited by Norseman

USMC-Retired

Ok I have a few beta tester in-line and released one copy out to selected beta testers. Well to say it was a colossal failure is understatement.

Since it is a live CD I have to create a virtual drive. At first I thought to use ram. Hmm no good failure #1. Some do not have enough ram to do as such.

Failure #2 was to use your HD as a virtual drive. That will write and empty. Good thought. Forgot one thing. You have to have drivers for each and every type of HD.

Ok so back to drawing board. It works on a system with 2Gig of ram. However I need to slim it. So as soon as I get this sorted I will release it. About another 3 days.

On a good side. The two that have run the test. Liked the interfaces and liked the ease of use. Yet they just could watch anything.

Easyrider

Hi Tim,

You're doing a great job. I don't see a problem with needing 2GB of RAM to run a program. Anyone can add more RAM to their computer if it's needed.

I'm still using your programs from last year, which work very good, so I can't wait to try the new ones.

Phillip

tigerllc74

Dec:

What are those two sites that you are using?? Can you post them ??

Are you watching live sports in decent resolution?? SD or better ??

Thanks,

USMC-Retired

Movie Link Good site. However you will get popup ads and a few dead links.

Sports Link Well organized site easy to navigate. Alot of flash and you will have to install a veetle plugin. If you do not have a Navida Video card and not on windows 7. Ensure you downgrade you flash player to 9. (there is a post on that). Google Chrome is on Flash 10 and uses its own set of files. So the downgrade does not affect Google Chrome.

Those are his links. He was kind enough to give them to me to pass on.

Edited by Norseman

David_LivinginTalisay

Sports Link Well organized site easy to navigate. Alot of flash and you will have to install a veetle plugin. If you do not have a Navida Video card and not on windows 7. Ensure you downgrade you flash player to 9. (there is a post on that). Google Chrome is on Flash 10 and uses its own set of files. So the downgrade does not affect Google Chrome.

Tim,

Really appreciated that Movie Link , thanks!

One Film that I wanted to see and missed when it was showing in Cebu, was "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)

But I also want to say "Damn You Tim - it was such a nice Movie it had me in tears in places!"

I guess it because I related to Benjamin Button, in reverse (or 'normal')?. He was worried about his child not being able to 'connect', as he would be getting seemingly 'younger' in appearance, whilst loosing his memory etc. as he aged.

I related to my baby stepdaughter. Anzhelica, whom I love very much, even though only a step granddaughter, and no blood connection, but she considers me 'Dadeee!'

Benjamin said in that Film, something like, "A Family is about. who you love, and who loves you, it is nothing to do with blood" - I connected with that, and some tears appeared thinking of love between me and baby AK, whom I have no blood tie with!

With my heart condition I am worried I might not see her turn 18, let alone 21.

Benjamin Button was concerned he might become a baby, before his daughter reached age 21!

Very Nice Film and thanks Tim, for making me CRY watching The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button from that Movie Link ,

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

tigerllc74

Tim:

Thanks for two links...BUT again..I don't understand how anyone can enjoy these links..????

I just tried to watch gm7 (OKC Thunder) and PGA Player...Quality is terrible, constant popping noise, and due to slow internet in PI (I have 4 mbps)..constant pauses...Even the movie sites..I have to wait for buffer..who knows how long?? I can't see you guys are patient enough to wait for buffer>>>,,for movies or shows why not watch torrent download instead of watching streaming online ???

In addition...to watch LIVE US sports, you have to be awake at 0300 or 0400...PI time.

I have yet to find a decent quality and constant streaming sports website to date...Unless you guys are seeing something I am not (which I doubt), I cannot understand how you can enjoy watching LIVE sports online..

Since I moved to PI, (to my surprise) I don't mind waiting a day or two for torrent upload and watch in HD..(I use PirateBay only), Sure sometimes I knw the scores but I found watching download in HD is MUCH MUCH better experience than trying to watch it LIVE...and I can watch them whenever I want and rewind for great plays...

So if sports and movies are not on Piratebay then I go without...Between Piratebay, iTunes, and few other download sites, I don't have time to watch them all (again to my surprise)...Unless a guy got nothing to do and watching something 24/7, my option is pretty good. Plus PI has other THINGS to keep me busy..hahaha

I watched all NBA playoffs on Piratebay download. NFL games are uploaded within a day, etc....Sure somethings like golf are not uploaded...but I got to watch MAsters (CBS) LIVE on local cable..total surprise.

I am tempted to try these sites mainly due to Tim, but I am getting very discouraged trying these sites..I simply do not trust online experiences that you guys are talking about...I am beginning to wonder what it is that Tim and others are watching online ??? ..unless you are watching fuzzy, delayed, streams..and staying up at 0300 to watch LIVE games ??

David_LivinginTalisay

Tim:

Thanks for two links...BUT again..I don't understand how anyone can enjoy these links..????

I just tried to watch gm7 (OKC Thunder) and PGA Player...Quality is terrible, constant popping noise, and due to slow internet in PI (I have 4 mbps)..constant pauses...Even the movie sites..I have to wait for buffer..who knows how long??

I think it all comes down to the particular Movie, the source of the Streaming, and your Internet Connection B/W?

That 'Benjamin Button' Movie was fine, very little buffering.

However, attempt to watch 'Thor' was terrible in comparison - very slow and taking far too long to buffer. Gave up and did Torrent download of 1.29GB, that took more than 2 hours to complete.

Englishman_on_Tour

Really interested in this and do trust your work. A question regarding your movie link. After watching any movie, will it either a) automatically saved on my harddrive or B ), is it possible to save to harddrive without actually having to sit there watching it there and then. Thanks.

Edited by Englishman_on_Tour

tigerllc74

I been playing with online streaming concept for over two years now...In my humble opinion, it sounds great in theory but in practice ??well..it is not good. Find a reliable torrent site (PirateBay for me) and be happy with what it offers and find other things todo to kill time.

Tim is an "expert" and others are as well using these sites to watch LIVE sports and streaming videos...Sure I can get them, but ALL are fuzzy pictures and terrible buffer time...

AS for saving to HD..?? IT depends..I use Orbit in Firefox that can capture streaming videos to HD, but again, goto torrent site and be happy with whatever is there...

Since moving to PI, I have changed my viewing style so that I rely on Piratebay for sports a day or two later, and movies or show from Piratebay or EZTV and iTunes podcasts..Like I sadi I don't have time to watch them all, so I am happy with current practice.

Those of you who are streaming and watching LIVE sports..more power to you... I have NO idea how good it is and how you can watch poor quality broadcasts..an wait for LONG buffers .... David said it best..some works and some don't.. With slow internet in PI, why even try to watch online ?? Download and watch it later..no breaks...

Unless Tim or someone comes up with a miracle, I am not wasting any more time on this issue...

retired

Movie Link (2k) is also my first choice but there a couple of others that are also pretty good . Links are provided . Stagevu has a good assortment of older stuff particularly if you are into old tv series .

http://tubeplus.me/

http://stagevu.com/index

Regarding another posters question you can download but might want to have a download manager of some kind to grab . My connection is to slow to stream much so not a good option for me but i did check out the sports site & clicked a baseball game that was playing . Problem was it was from last year . :-)

USMC-Retired

I try and steer away from the online sources. Streaming as such is normally not the best way to go. I try and use P2P. As stated he downloaded the source from Piratebay. Additionally I use P2P programs for live sports for that reason. If you can get P2P programs you get more then one source for the Movie/TV show or sporting event. Thus you are not stuck on a single packet of data that can cause a buffer. If you are just using online material and not programs then you will end up with this problem. I have watched 100's of movies and TV show's I do not have a buffer problem. Having a complete understanding of how and why it works helps. The other issue is speed here and the distance to the actual online link. Congestion on your connection also is huge.

Next question I guess it depends on the source. DIVX stores in the Divx folder. The Flash does not store but a small cache of data. There are so many it is hard to say.

If anyone lives in Cebu you can make an appointment with me. We can meet or you can stop by. I can 100% guarantee that if you meet this requirement 1Mb internet 1.6 mhrtz processor. I can have a 20,000 movie library playing without buffer. Sports are another story yet I can give you the best options through programs. I watched every Viking game with out buffer however not always DVD quality sometimes Analog. I also have the ability to record them.

As for the LiveCD it is a work in progress. As I have to get P2P to cache properly and store. I additionally have to compensate through Ram Drive and your HD to make it run smooth. I am getting a huge stutter right now.

Tigerlic and Retired. Please PM me. I know Retired lives in CDO. Not sure of Tigerlic. Your frustrations are why this has not gotten off the ground. As there is so much garbage and so little good. I will get you to the point you can enjoy this. If you do not believe I can get 1000's of movies and ZERO buffer PM easyrider.

My cost is low for this service 1500 pesos (LINC SPONSORSHIP REQUIRED)or 2000 pesos. If you have not read where your sponsor money goes please do.

If you choose to purchase this package, upon successful completion of the transaction, you will become a Geralyn Support Sponsor of the Living in Cebu Forums, for one (1) year. 100% of your net donation will go toward supporting Geralyn, a little girl whom the forums has "adopted", to help through school after her eye operation. We have secured enough monies to pay for her eye operation, and are looking for additional funds for her future. Don Douglas (Diver Douglas) is the contact person regarding updates on Geralyn's condition.
Edited by Norseman

tigerllc74

Tim:

Thanks for your post..I have no reason to doubt you and I would love to experience no buffering like you..

I am in Angeles City now..don't know when I will goto Cebu. So maybe you can help me via PM ??

I haven't used the forum for a while and PM option is not available next to your name like before..So I will contact Paul to see what's the problem.

Again, I would love to stream without buffer..and watch LIVE sports with decent picture quality.

I am little surprised that this streaming thread does not have more lively discussion. I thought this topic would interest many people.. I see tons of replies to some opinion discussions, but not this one ??? just thinking aloud !!! Maybe most people are very happy and streaming to their delight..and I am little behind ???

Tiger