• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• digiteye

• Davaoeno

• Cipro

For Real

Regardless of age, these men took advantage of woman with the inticement of money.

Yes

Do I believe a life sentence is warranted...no.

The fairness of sentence is something we can kick around only...you could start a fairness in sentencing campaign...but you will need an awful lot of help...I don't think Oprah will champion your cause.

Visitors in countries need to observe the laws of the land they are in. If there are budding entrepeneaurs planning to open similiar establishments in the RP, please take a good hard look at what has happened to these lads

Jess Bartone

what ? you talking to me ?

Are you the virgin they're lookin' for?

KeithAngel

yeah much better for entreperners to open a girly bar and pay the police off cyber dens must be harder to tax

Firstly, I'm a swede and I'm not going to defend those guys.

However, I do react against the sentence they got. Lifetime......? Thats just ridiculous...

And the Philippines thought it was wrong when China executed the 3 filipinos/as for drug smuggling.....

If those guys gets lifetime for exploiting women on cams, what can a girlie bar owner expect?

Davaoeno

Yes

The fairness of sentence is something we can kick around only...you could start a fairness in sentencing campaign...but you will need an awful lot of help...I don't think Oprah will champion your cause.

Visitors in countries need to observe the laws of the land they are in. If there are budding entrepeneaurs planning to open similiar establishments in the RP, please take a good hard look at what has happened to these lads

I absolutely agree that if you go somewhere - and break their laws- that you have to accept the consequences. However- it doesnt mean i have to agree with those consequences. None of us here is about to change things in any country one iota- but its thru expressing our outrage that awareness is raised.

Jess Bartone

I absolutely agree that if you go somewhere - and break their laws- that you have to accept the consequences. However- it doesnt mean i have to agree with those consequences. None of us here is about to change things in any country one iota- but its thru expressing our outrage that awareness is raised.

Nothing wrong with having an ethical and moral discussion brother.

KeithAngel

However, I do react against the sentence they got. Lifetime......? Thats just ridiculous...

And the Philippines thought it was wrong when China executed the 3 filipinos/as for drug smuggling.....

If those guys gets lifetime for exploiting women on cams, what can a girlie bar owner expect?

A life time of payoffs this may be were the Swedes went wrong

alexccms

The judge clearly stated that these two men were being made examples of to discourage other foreigners from exploiting Filipinas. The Philippines is on a U.S. watch list for human trafficking. If it's position on that list deteriorates sanctions could go into effect. THAT'S the reason these two young men's lives got thrown away. Some high level politician is afraid that his foreign AID might be affected.

spooks

Did I misread the story? Were the ladies arrested, charged, or convicted of a crime? I don't think they were. The people convicted were the pimps making money off the women. Good riddance to them.

On the positive side of this story, maybe now the women know enough about the web-cam business to go freelance and work out of their own home and keep all the money instead of making their pimp wealthy.

My little bit of pathos might have encouraged a nibble or two instead it got a monster bite.

So the cam studios in the USA and other places that are legalized are run by business executives who are captains of their industry or pimps for short :closedeyes:

smokey

WHY DONT YOU ASK THE OWNERS OF THE BARS IN ANGELES CITY ... who know maybe you voted for some of them...

The judge clearly stated that these two men were being made examples of to discourage other foreigners from exploiting Filipinas. The Philippines is on a U.S. watch list for human trafficking. If it's position on that list deteriorates sanctions could go into effect. THAT'S the reason these two young men's lives got thrown away. Some high level politician is afraid that his foreign AID might be affected.

ah the old Foreigners word..... yes better teach them nasty foreigners a lesson... lot safer then teaching home grown killers and theives a lesson..

Jess Bartone

.....Some high level politician is afraid that his foreign AID might be affected.

Well for once I actually agree with you.

sperry

True.

It's a political sentence.

It may be Philippines law, but the laws are badly written. Its bad law to have a rule that is broken by thousands with impunity, and then severely imposed from time to make an example.

spooks

A life time of payoffs this may be were the Swedes went wrong.

Psst :closedeyes: not all girlie bars are are paying off anyone, I never have and never will. I have spoken to more than few who do not. Yes there are some who do, because they did that which they should not. Follow the rules and you have an entirely legal operation. :beer:

Big difference with the girlie bars and the cam places is that Girlie bars are legal and have business permits as do those who work in them.

Supreme court ruling already covers this as mayor Lim in Manila found out when he decided to try to close them by withdrawing permits.

Personally, yes opinions are worth next to nothing as its rule of law that counts. I see cam places as the safest and less risky of all adult entertainment outlets and as such they should not suffer such discrimination.

I fully understand and respect the thoughts and views of those who feel that there is no justification for adult entertainment in any shape or form :taz: . I do believe however that those who are of legal age are entitled to make their own decisions and not have it imposed on them for what others will insist is for their own personal good.

The law is the law, just not convinced that the spirit of the law was handed out in the case of the two Swedes and I would not be surprised to find that the judgment and sentencing are over turned on appeal, even if it has to go to the SC. political correctness may instead have given rise to political prisoners

The concept is that economic gain is the issue, unless under aged is proven(so much lack of certainty on this despite it being the easiest of certainty to be established)I wonder how many transferred from one web cam operation to another for extra money as opposed to be induced against their will etc. I suspect the appeals process will be busy and that during this process negotiation will take place to secure sufficient damages in excess of the imposed penalty etc. The two Swedes probably did not believe it would ever come to this and now facing the realty of life will be more flexible with managing financial arrangements and expectations.

Edited by spooks
digiteye

It might be semantics, but how on earth could those Filipinas been exploited? Were they forced to do what they did? Maybe, but then who in the first place forced them to work in this line? Not the poverty which has not been created by the Swedes?

And how about the Filipino pimps? The judge forgot to mention about discouraging them.