• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• digiteye

• Davaoeno

• Cipro

JasonEcos

This all reminds me of the quote "government: a disease masquerading as its own cure" .

The government makes bad decisions which impoverishes its own people, then when some of those people make decisions to help pay the bills its a criminal activity that they must be saved from.

Obviously if the girls were underage thats a whole different story....

LaserLou

Westerners have a much stronger sense of 18 being the age of eligibility. "Underage" in this case probably means, say, under 23.

RogerDuMond

This all reminds me of the quote "government: a disease masquerading as its own cure" .

The government makes bad decisions which impoverishes its own people, then when some of those people make decisions to help pay the bills its a criminal activity that they must be saved from.

The law is the law is the law.....If you want to break the law to earn money go ahead, but don't cry if you get caught and you have no one to blame but yourself.

Cipro

The law is the law is the law.....If you want to break the law to earn money go ahead, but don't cry if you get caught and you have no one to blame but yourself.

On the other hand, if they were ordering summary executions for operating a vehicle without a properly functioning odometer I think it's pretty fair to complain that the law is b*llsh*t. This case is closer to my example than to robbing banks or something.

Edwin

If you follow all the laws and rules you are guaranteed to never get ahead and are doomed to your life of poverty and squalor. But don't cry. You have no one to blame but yourself. As your children suffer the consequences of your decisions just know in your heart someone living the good life in Florida thinks you did the right thing. :closedeyes:

RogerDuMond

On the other hand, if they were ordering summary executions for operating a vehicle without a properly functioning odometer I think it's pretty fair to complain that the law is b*llsh*t. This case is closer to my example than to robbing banks or something.

Hey if they were ordering summary executions for that, I don't think I would be dumb enough to drive let alone complain about the law. :closedeyes:

Cipro

Hey if they were ordering summary executions for that, I don't think I would be dumb enough to drive let alone complain about the law. :closedeyes:

I suspect you might complain about that law, if it existed. The fundamental issues is that merely making something illegal does not make it wrong, and infringing someones rights is not justified simply by making the act lawful. We could enact a law that redheads must stay within 20 miles of their home, but that wouldn't make it right.

Two wolves and a sheep vote on what's for dinner ....

JasonEcos

Yes very true but....The law is the law is the law......simply because the government made it the law. Which goes back to my quote "government: a disease masquerading as its own cure". Its wrong and punishable because the government says its wrong and punishable.

I'm not saying a person should break the law, I am saying sometimes laws should not be in place. In this case I'm of the opinion if a consenting adult wants to expose themselves for money, thats their business. It is not hurting anyone besides possibly themselves (their dignity, self esteem, etc) In fact I have known women that enjoyed doing such things, and would do them for free for the fun of it. I'm sure those same types of women exist in this country and it would be a shame to not allow them to make some extra money doing what they might enjoy. And I am definitely not saying all, or even most of them women enjoy it, just that it is each individuals choice to chose what they are willing to put up with to make money. Sure this may scar them on an emotional level if they are not people into that type of thing.....but then other types of work can do damage too. I once worked at a grocery distribution warehouse...I would guess 70-80% of the people that had worked there for over 10yrs had some sort of surgery related to the extremely taxing work. Spinal surgery, knee surgery, etc. Its a shame you have to risk injury to make a paycheck, but unfortunately thats the world we live in. The government could step in and impose further rules making it so the company could not hire for those types of positions, but most of the workers there enjoyed the money enough to put up with it (pay was performance based). Imo if something does not hurt another person, then the government should not be restricting the individual from doing it.

Heres a case that comes to mind......dwarf bowling/tossing. A bar game where where you try to see how far you can toss a dwarf onto a padded surface. It was made illegal and a lot of dwarfs were ticked off about that fact. They were making good money from it. Personally I think its wrong, and demeaning, but its that dwarfs prerogative if they want to do it or not. It does damage the image of the dwarf population.....but heck the alcohol the bar is selling often leads to some situations that don't help society either....and often affect people not partaking in drinking.

Next they could make the dunk tanks illegal at carnivals....it is demeaning to the individual that chooses to sit there and be dunked.

If those women were adults, it should be their choice and it should not be a crime. If they were underage...thats a totally dif story.

Paul

This thread got me thinking about something.

For a moment, let's assume the girls were of legal age, regardless of anything else has stated.

If these girls were working online, dealing with customers for money, would this not at least be safer for them than to have to physically screw a different guy every night after being paid for in a bar?

Edited by Admin
Davaoeno

For a moment, let's assume the girls were of legal age, regardless of anything else has stated.

If these girls were working online, dealing with customers for money, would this not at least be safer for them than to have to physically screw a different guy every night after being paid for in a bar?

Thats the point- not only should it not be illegal [ consentual deal between consenting adults-assuming not underage-], but it in fact is much safer as there is no touching involved and the girls can be protected in the privacy of the business office.

Assuming not underage what we are talking about is a girl, willingly, going to work where all she does is take off her clothes and talk on a web cam to someone in another continent . No physical or other risk to her, good pay and doesnt have to stand on her feet all day like a mall girl.

And for that the swedes get life in prison ?

Cipro
And for that the swedes get life in prison ?

Yeah. I guess they did. :closedeyes:

shadow

As another poster pointed out, now that this opportunity is gone to them,, at least some of them will be headed straight to the bar.

Larry in Dumaguete

smokey

i did not read all the reply as i find the whole thing kind of depressing to see all the notice they give this (( naked on line ) when other crimes that have lots of killing go un noticed or get little press... i stayed for years at a hotel close to robinsons in manila often going to manila one week ever 2 months at one point there were a lot of vendors BLOCKING the hotel exit and this started to bug me.. the belt , painting , silver dollar , plain begging types were getting agressive but the guy who finally pissed me off was a guy about 45 to 50 with BLEACHED RED HAIR a real bad dye job he would not only ask if i wanted a VERY YOUNG FRIEND but he even did it many time when i was with my wife... Well after my daily returne to the hotel and my for the 1,000 time saying NO THANK YOU i started to bithch and moan to the hotel staff.. they would smile and say yes sir we will adress that.. but then the next trip there he was i was starting to get pissed and my complaints became more vocal and firm...Finally the manager comes to our room and says Sir can i speak to you outside here alone without your wife... i said ok and we went to a lobby area and he said ... Sir we are sorry you are being bothered by the guy outside about those matters but sir please understand on the part of the hotel we can not do anything as he is not on our property... So i said well if i owned the hotel i would call the police and let them arrest the guy he is a pimp and selling underage girls and boys.. ... Then he said sir please understand he is with the police,, and please sir do not bring notice to yourself or your wife its not safe for you... true story...