2 Swedes get life in prison

digiteye

Because, not to put too fine a point on it, the laws of your fine nation make it difficult to impossible for foreigners to come and legally invest in your economy. This is probably the number one reason the PH is not growing economically like the rest of Asia.

Very well said. I would delete "probably" though :(

Do it illegal, and you will be killed by the law. Do it legal, and you will be paralyzed by the law and killed by local competitors.

Edited by digiteye
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• digiteye

• Davaoeno

• Cipro

Jess Bartone

Very well said. I would delete "probably" though :(

Do it illegal, and you will be killed by the law. Do it legal, and you will be paralyzed by the law and killed by local competitors.

So you have to find a niche that is not in competition with the locals, has nothing even remotely to do with sex, and brings foreign money into the country.

digiteye

So you have to find a niche that is not in competition with the locals, has nothing even remotely to do with sex, and brings foreign money into the country.

Yeah, thats called export. So what is available? Cheap labor - no, monopolized by government approved agencies. Coconut? Can't even find a proper VCO in this country. Handcraft? No one would buy.

What else is available? Maybe chicharon, but I heard it is made of imported NZ pig skin.

smokey

One news report stated they were aged "between 19 and 26".

Given that the press targets anything sensational, plus the fact that the legal charges didnt mention minors, I think it is virtually certain that the women concerned were of legal age.

i think its just more of the same justice they give life to these two guys for what? at the same time MASS murder ,,, and all forms of dirty low life stuff is not brought to justice because justice is only for those who are easy targets..

JamesMusslewhite

I have a cousin in leyte and after had a baby boy she somehow got started doing cam business which no one knew about even me for two years. but we knew she was making money and keeping her boy in good clothes and food and toys and stuffs. she found out i was really needing some money for school and she shared her business with me. I was shocked. she said it was no big deal and she met lots of nice guys online tooo. But she is really changed girl now I hardly know her anymore. she dosnt go to church anymore and has no interest in finishing her schooling. She said she didnt have too anymore. like why bother? She dresses more sexy now and i noticed she talks more rudely about sex and things .. I hardly know her now. So she is changed a lot. I was really tempted tooo cause the money is goood and she said no would no what i was doing and that I never ever had to touch or be touched by anyone. She said some guys are just lonely and good guys but fall into the web so its good that they can find a good girl like me . She made it sound i would be doing a good thing. I was going to meet the guys who ran her chat rooms but they didn't show up and I never went back. I thank my lucky stars or angels...cause I could have made the worng choice at the time. Things worked out for me anyway and money came from unexepected gifts and work. Now I am working on getting to school. <br /><br />i dont think cyber dens (my cousin called it a studio ) should be illegal but i dont think they are good for the philippines. I think they should have a permit that costs a lot of money to start and run and the money should be used for impoverished familes. I hope I see my cousin again sometime and she is finished with the business but i think she is forever changed and for the worse. i think bar girl bars are bad too but should nt be illegal. i can not see why foreigners would come here to theis country and do nothing better than have a "funny" business corrupting girls. Why not come here and start an enterprise that helps teenage ladies? but thats my opinion. I just think u guys have one life so why would u waste it here living here making money from girls who are desparte? but the Swedes should have a 2nd chance and rot in jail all their life for their bad decision. Maybe they could get out if they promised to set up some good works programs?

Why would foreigners come here to start these types of businesses?

Because they are actually sleazy sub-beings of the lowest character, do not mind extorting women for their own personal gain, and do not have the moral center or class to do anything better. Smut-merchants. Then there are those that like to use or support these types of businesses. They think girls can not make better lives for themselves, as if they are somehow too stupid or too weak to do better. Somehow the money they pay these girls is suppose to somehow make their soiled endeavors clean. These are the lies they tell you, us, and themselves. Some just know better and are not scared to just call these vermin what they really are, Low-Life TRASH.

A pimp is still a pimp, and a smut-merchant is still a low-life creep; no mater how fancy they try to dress up or disguise themselves to be. It is a dirty sleazy disgusting enterprise unfit for moral men. I am glad you were able to avoid their trappings and lies. Good for you.

Stranded Shipscook

It is not entirely true, there are a lot of foreign and absolutely legal companies here. we just see it a little bit form our 'common hard working man' perspective, because we are not able to put up the required millions.

i also, but would not advise it anymore, there are too many, had some florishing export of fashion accessoires which were handcrafted in the so called cottage industry in provinces.

the design were made by my (polish) partner and me an we supervised the manufacturing. all setup as a 100 % owned foreign business. of course nothing could be sold locally, that was strictly controlled.

Later my partner opened his own factory in Cebu City (Triton Fashion Accessoires) but he went bankrupt due to his lacking business abilities.

Now there are possibilities to open companies her, but most of us lack the financial capability to operate them.

whether this is a wise ruling by the Phil. government or not, i can not decide.

sperry

Why would foreigners come here to start these types of businesses?

Because they are actually sleazy sub-beings of the lowest character, do not mind extorting women for their own personal gain, and do not have the moral center or class to do anything better. Smut-merchants. Then there are those that like to use or support these types of businesses. They think girls can not make better lives for themselves, as if they are somehow too stupid or too weak to do better. Somehow the money they pay these girls is suppose to somehow make their soiled endeavors clean. These are the lies they tell you, us, and themselves. Some just know better and are not scared to just call these vermin what they really are, Low-Life TRASH.

A pimp is still a pimp, and a smut-merchant is still a low-life creep; no mater how fancy they try to dress up or disguise themselves to be. It is a dirty sleazy disgusting enterprise unfit for moral men. I am glad you were able to avoid their trappings and lies. Good for you.

Well I have disagreed 100% with what you have said in most of this thread, but there is certainly more than a scintilla of truth in your last paragraph.