2 Swedes get life in prison

HeyMike

After reading a post here... I am convinced that too much education makes a person stupid.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• digiteye

• Davaoeno

• Cipro

JamesMusslewhite

And james i can see and understand your thoughts on this matter but why ONLY these two on a scale of 1/10 with 10 being a rapist and womem beater i would say these guys are a 6 but i and everyone else KNOWS where there are 8 and 9s but who do much more damage to women and children but they are not punished and its for that reason alone i dont think the sentence is fair..

It is not meant to be fair, it is meant to tell all foreigners "STOP" If they were given 10 years 20 years, then it would have had little impact. They got "Life" and it got your attention did it not? Will you be planing to open your own little sex-den? Probably not, so it has done exactly what it was intended to accomplish.

Execute them, and there will be even more of an impact. The candy store is closing. So all the perverts, pedophiles, and social parasites will just have to find another rock to hide under. Good, the Philippines will be a better place without them.

smokey

It is not meant to be fair, it is meant to tell all foreigners "STOP"

so its not about getting perverts and people who hurt women its about getting Forgeigners who hurt women local guys can keep doing it like its a birthright? Now what would people think if they only arrested people from the philippines in the US for pimping or raping women would you be a proud american?

Alan S

It is not meant to be fair, it is meant to tell all foreigners "STOP" If they were given 10 years 20 years, then it would have had little impact. They got "Life" and it got your attention did it not? Will you be planing to open your own little sex-den? Probably not, so it has done exactly what it was intended to accomplish.

Execute them, and there will be even more of an impact. The candy store is closing. So all the perverts, pedophiles, and social parasites will just have to find another rock to hide under. Good, the Philippines will be a better place without them.

I see.

So you just want to stop foreigners, and not the many locals who run bars, brothels, or earn their living from sex.

Sounds racist to me.

Secondly, I assume you have a way to provide work and income for all those displaced from the sex industry under your plan.

Or do you do like the politicians do?. "BAN <whatever>" and ignore the consequences.

JamesMusslewhite

so its not about getting perverts and people who hurt women its about getting Forgeigners who hurt women local guys can keep doing it like its a birthright? Now what would people think if they only arrested people from the philippines in the US for pimping or raping women would you be a proud american?

In its 25-page decision, the court said, "It will not shirk from its duty to impose the most severe of penalties against anybody, be he a foreign national or a citizen of this country who tramples upon the dignity of a woman by taking advantage of her vulnerability."

The court added that the foreign nationals "should not abuse the hospitality and protection accorded to them during their temporary stay in the country by making it a haven for their criminal activities."

You sure do love your silly little petty game of tit-for-tat semantics. But I really don't care. I will not lose a single nights sleep over these two sleaze balls, or what you think is fair or not. Think it is so unfair chief, then open up a sex-den.

JamesMusslewhite

I see.

So you just want to stop foreigners, and not the many locals who run bars, brothels, or earn their living from sex.

Sounds racist to me.

Secondly, I assume you have a way to provide work and income for all those displaced from the sex industry under your plan.

Or do you do like the politicians do?. "BAN <whatever>" and ignore the consequences.

First, I never said such a thing. So please don't try to put words in my mouth. I think they all should be closed down and the criminals prosecuted. Raciest? Sounds like an IGNORANT statement, so I guess that makes you sound ignorant to me. I did not open a sex-den, these two ignorant Swedes did that themselves. I did not give them a life sentence, the appropriate RP civilian courts did that. I just agree with their verdict, though I still support even harsher sentences. We Texans punish criminals, so why can't the RP?

You can employ them if you like chief, I am sure you and Robert51 can open up a sex-den together. Sorry but I will never be a client, I do not use such services. Oh yah, I guess you will not open up such a business, why? BECAUSE YOU CAN GET "LIFE", that's why. :angel:

I am a moralist not a raciest.

RogerDuMond

I have to believe that if they want to work hard and persevere, there are other things available other than the sex industry.

Edwin

In a former life James was in love with the lovely Miss Lilly Langtry. :angel:

smokey

In its 25-page decision, the court said, "It will not shirk from its duty to impose the most severe of penalties against anybody, be he a foreign national or a citizen of this country who tramples upon the dignity of a woman by taking advantage of her vulnerability."

The court added that the foreign nationals "should not abuse the hospitality and protection accorded to them during their temporary stay in the country by making it a haven for their criminal activities."

You sure do love your silly little petty game of tit-for-tat semantics. But I really don't care. I will not lose a single nights sleep over these two sleaze balls, or what you think is fair or not. Think it is so unfair chief, then open up a sex-den.

james with 5 daughters i am the last person to open a sex den... but it a person like me did he would not find himself in same spot as these two are..... too often and very sad indeed its not what you do that gets you in trouble its who you dont know. ... the very worst these guys caused in pain can be found happening every day all along major streets in any city here but the owners in most cases are above the law.. sad these two have to pay for the crimes of the many but then if you going to fry someone let it be a foreigner and NOT a local..

digiteye

You are right. I think they should all be head-shot with the same gun.

Right. Along with the so called "drug mules" which are tried to be shown by the PI govtmt. recently as innocent victims of exploitation by the Chinese drug syndicates. But they were Filipinos, so no same rules apply. They must be saved, and foreigners sentenced to life. Simple.

JamesMusslewhite

In a former life James was in love with the lovely Miss Lilly Langtry. :twocents:

Yes but that bitch did not visit my bar until after I had died.

digiteye

What is the meaning of "trafficking in persons"? It refers to the recruitment, transportation, transfer or harboring, or receipt of persons with or without the victim's consent or knowledge, within or across national borders by means of threat or use of force, or other forms of coercion, abduction, fraud, deception, abuse of power or of position, taking advantage of the vulnerability of the person, or, the giving or receiving of payments or benefits to achieve the consent of a person having control over another person for the purpose of exploitation which includes at a minimum, the exploitation or the prostitution of others or other forms of sexual exploitation, forced labor or services, slavery, servitude or the removal or sale of organs.

Great to see definitions like this, they are really thought provoking.

So if this is the law in the PI (and since Roger we know that the law is the law is the law), the PI govmt. should start a project in order to close down all the agencies which deal with exporting dirt cheap labor to the Middle East etc.?

They are exploiting people who live in poverty, and by the wording of the above law they do human trafficking, as they use the vulnerability of all the poor Filipinos who in their poverty want to work abroad for a money that is ridiculously low there (yet a bit more than what a person can earn locally). Apparently it does not matter if one is willing to work for those pennies and not even being forced. Law is the law is the law.

These agencies charge the victims big time for their "services" and at the destinations where they transfer their "clients" more often than not keep them as slaves.

Or is it that the number one income of the PI is OFW.... ?

JamesMusslewhite

james with 5 daughters i am the last person to open a sex den... but it a person like me did he would not find himself in same spot as these two are..... too often and very sad indeed its not what you do that gets you in trouble its who you dont know. ... the very worst these guys caused in pain can be found happening every day all along major streets in any city here but the owners in most cases are above the law.. sad these two have to pay for the crimes of the many but then if you going to fry someone let it be a foreigner and NOT a local..

I do not think you would be involved in such a sleazy enterprise even if you were single with no kids. I too believe in equal punishments for equal crimes. But we are not in Toto anymore Kansas.

JamesMusslewhite

This might be a sorry way to look at it but my first thoughts were "glad they weren't Americans"

I am hoping they were not forum members.