Sign in to follow this  
Sinbad

Availability of condoms

Sinbad

I saw a passing comment on a different thread (can't find it now) that condoms are only available with a prescription in some areas. I can't remember if it was in some areas of the Philippines or in some areas of Cebu. Anyway, is this true? Would I be able to go into a supermarket or pharmacy and buy condoms?

KennyF

They sell them in most big supermarkets but beware, unless you have a smaller appendage than normal they will be murder to get on and even painful when you least need them to be.

KinP

Cary

You can go to Mercury Drugs also and get them,

Davaoeno

They sell them in most big supermarkets but beware, unless you have a smaller appendage than normal they will be murder to get on and even painful when you least need them to be.

KinP

unlike women in western countries most women here do not worry about safe sex ! They figure that if they get pregnant they will have you on the hook for 20 years, or if you skip town they always have a mother, aunt, sister or some other family member who will look after the child.

Women here do NOT carry condoms and seldom use any form of birth control other than catholic-roulette. if you want condoms then you are obviously one of the responsible kind of foreigners the Philippines needs more of. But I agree- bring them with you coz the local ones are made for asian men [ i almost got burned at the stake a couple of months ago for saying that in general asian men have smaller peepees- I stand by that statementt !!]

Sinbad

KinP

Wow! I've never had a problem with being too big before so I'm a little bit dance.gif and a little bit ohmy.gif.

Davaoeno

Wow! I've never had a problem with being too big before so I'm a little bit dance.gif and a little bit ohmy.gif.

filipino condoms and filipino women will both make you feel like a superhero !! [ just remember that you really arent ! lol ]

Paul

Bring your own,

KID

ya know those little rubber things you put on your finger for handling papers??? :lmao:

dude, just sayin--- bring your own and bring plenty of them !!!

even if you bring your own, make a trip to the pharmacy cuz it is worth it just to See the female counter help turn redddddd as a beat when you ask for them !!!

pretty good laugh when you open them also !!! :rofl:

tom_shor

[ i almost got burned at the stake a couple of months ago for saying that in general asian men have smaller peepees- I stand by that statementt !!]

Have you done any personal research on this theory? :rofl:

gedw

My last gf would do nearly anything except buy condoms, they are most embarrassed to buy them there. I remember once when i asked for some, the woman shop assistant was giggling and saying "So you don't want baby?" you get 3 tiny ones in a pack for about 100 pesos. I asked for a big box and they giggled more and looked at me like I was just joking!

Edited by gedw

tom_shor

A few times I have had the counter girls tell me they don't carry them because they were too embarassed to sell them.

Once they told me that and there were 6 or 7 packages right under the glass of the counter.

broden

just wait and see how they react when you ask them where the fitting room is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0D5OWfdyTk

Stranded Shipscook

As in previous answers, the attitude is still a bit like in the seventies here. but charming somehow (the giggles and that)

One way to avoid this is to pass a piece of paper over the counter (like a "prescription"), that saves their embarrassment and the eventual 'sorry, we don't have, sir".

Because almost ALL pharmacies and mall drugstore have condoms, but they don't display them.

As to the "one size fits all" problem, as pointed out also, you better bring your own ones, also in the hindsight, that they are mostly cheaper abroad.

miles-high
Because almost ALL pharmacies and mall drugstore have condoms, but they don't display them.

The last time I went to a pharmacy (Watson's?) in SM (2nd floor North wing), they had them displayed in front of the cashier, different types to choose from. At least in Manila, most 7Elevens and Ministops display them in the show case behind the cashier...The "code" word to buy them at 7Elevens and Ministops is said to be "Okamoto"

alexccms

Not only are some of the prophylactics available in SEA too small. Many of them are thick rubber. Couple strangulation with very thick covering and you can in some cases have a nearly insensate member (can't feel anything). When I was single I definitely brought my own. My size, my thickness, my brand and when I bought in bulk online they were much much cheaper.