Bin Laden ... DEAD ! !

FYI

WASHINGTON - The US State Department on Sunday warned Americans worldwide of "enhanced potential for anti-American violence" following the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations," the State Department said in a statement.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cary

• Mr. Mike

• Paul

• UZI

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man

CNN: US issues global travel warnings. (It may be a wise idea to keep extra vigilance in our travels for the next while, just in case some locals are sympathetic to Al Quaida.)

• Admin (Retired)
broden

you should always watch your back anyway

RandyOdom

I would be very careful about comments like that. The Secret Service, I'm sure, has already been made aware.

Okay, i will bring it back on topic. They can put a bullet in Obama too, while they are at it. There, that better?

samatm

eeeks paul I think I would take down your last post if I were you. I think it ain't cool to wish harm on a sitting US president.

Bin Laden is dead and thats good. Too bad it did not happen over 8 years ago because his death is now symbolic since Al-Qeda is now in small groups. Still this is good news. I am not bashing Obama, I am stating fact which we all know that Obama will take credit for this as he did in the death of Qaddafi's son.

Bob Ward

?? when bush was in power we had wars and economic meltdowns..complete chaos... when this new guy is in power all seems calm and realtively uneventfull with matters under control... give me obama any day.

It's interesting at times when people try to parry a statement by using a comparison to someone or something completely unrelated to the original statement. Changing the subject is a well known ploy to detract attention from the truth of the original statement. Enough OT!

Obama (Freudian slip LOLOLOL) was a symbolic leader as of recent times. Al-Qaeda has morphed into a completely different entity since Bin Laden was forced into hiding and gave up control. The tactics are different and more sophisticated. The next waves of terrorism will be on a different scale, like dirty bombs, water contamination and or airborne nerve agents and the like. It's not a question of IF, it's a question of WHEN!

I think I will have a beer to toast Qbama's demise! a Grande at that! LOL

Edited by Bob Ward
Paul

I would be very careful about comments like that. The Secret Service, I'm sure, has already been made aware.

Ask me if I give a f#*k. I didn't threaten his dumb ass. I just said it could have been like a Two for Tuesday deal. If the Secret Service wants to arrest me, harass me, or whatever, they, I am quite sure, already know where I am.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

for all those who were waiting for a decision on this thread

it's been made

Mailman

FAT CHANCE OF THAT..SURLY YOUR ARE JOKING..

There is nothing more permanent than a temporary government program. :evan_iliadis:

But no, I am not joking. Let the countdown begin. Let's see how long it takes (if at all).

Edited by Mailman
Stranded Shipscook

It is good that Bin Laden is pronounced dead, that was overdue for a long time. Although i would have rather seen him tried in Public court and properly 'debriefed" too.

the risk of substantial attacks during those trials woudlahve been not larger than what is going to happen with the cell network now.

Thats is the main problem with modern terrorist networks, they have no leader and everybody just know one other person.

Similar to the counterespionage networks of the former KGB and CIA (Where bin Baden learned it actually).

So it will continue.

But theoretically and according to Pres. Bush when started the War on Terror, we have our mission accomplished now, or not ?

So lets bring the boys back home and use them to secure the borders or similar more useful task with the counter terrorism experience the gained abroad. Most likely they are needed.

Or not ?

Sorry to say but .......WTF is wrong with you guys. The whole US military, the whole US intelligence services along with support from your friends & allies have been after this stain on the map of humanity for almost 10 years...you got him...........and you make it about OBAMA. :evan_iliadis:

Paul

No, I think I'm the one (perhaps, the only one?) who originally made it about Obama. I just don't like the feckwit. :evan_iliadis:

Edited by Admin
Stranded Shipscook

No worries, its just a Class D felony, 100 US $ fine only, Paul is willing to pay that any time. non US Citizens are warned, if a foreigner says that, he can be immediatly deported or denied entry to the USA without any right of procedure.

As happened to some German Anti George Bush protest marchers when denied entry six years after a Demonstration they participated in Berlin. They had a poster saying something similar.

Funny aftermath...They were all volunteer trained aid workers for the New Orleans disaster. Ouch...

scoander

It is good that Bin Laden is pronounced dead, that was overdue for a long time. Although i would have rather seen him tried in Public court and properly 'debriefed" too.

the risk of substantial attacks during those trials woudlahve been not larger than what is going to happen with the cell network now.

Thats is the main problem with modern terrorist networks, they have no leader and everybody just know one other person.

Similar to the counterespionage networks of the former KGB and CIA (Where bin Baden learned it actually).

So it will continue.

But theoretically and according to Pres. Bush when started the War on Terror, we have our mission accomplished now, or not ?

So lets bring the boys back home and use them to secure the borders or similar more useful task with the counter terrorism experience the gained abroad. Most likely they are needed.

Or not ?

To tell you the truth, I get weary of sifting through the sheer number of comments, the tangents, the predicable. I just have to say that it is a needed sense of justice that has been served by Bin Ladin's death. I suppose that in the sense that one feels betrayed, taken advantage of because of respect we are supposed to have for the office of the president, that is an individual matter. I didn't vote for Bush, but when asked, he felt that he did the right thing during a difficult time for America. I won't second guess his motive, though I didn't agree with the bulk of what he did. And Obama is my president now.