One Less Ferry Boat to Camotes

johnormoc

Just wanted to let folks know that there is no longer a Sto Nino de Cebu ferry boat service to/from Cebu City/Camotes. The boat has been sold to a buyer in Palawan that will transfer the boat there and make it a floating restaurant/sunset cruise operation.

Although the ferry boat business can be quite lucrative, once word got out that a foreigner was involved, there was just too much corruption we had to deal with on a daily basis. Rather than pay off the weasels and rats daily, we decided to be done with the thing altogether.

Thanks to all who traveled aboard her and gave us positive feedback. We did try our best to make it a good service for everyone.

For anyone traveling between Cebu City/Camotes I'd recommend taking the Golden Express fast craft. There is another banca ferry boat that operates early in the morning out of Ouano Wharf but....well lets just say the owner really skimps when it comes to safety. Take the fast craft.

johnormoc

I forgot to mention........

Paul or Moddy, could you please remove the "New Ferry Boat Service to Camotes" sticky in the "Traveling Aboard Ships & Boats In The Philippines" forum? There's no reason for folks to see that thread with the operating schedule and be misled into thinking the service still exists.

Tks.

indiana

i am so sorry that it came to that good that you were able to sale... but i enjoyed useing your service ... good luck :rofl: