THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE SUCKS ! ! !

Davaoeno

Cut and Past:

Gotta go along with you there, disgusting.

Doug

It bothers me that the admins here get all bent out of shape for very small things sometimes but let this disgusting piece of racist garbage to continue to exist on this site. Paul says no p*ornography is allowed but this is the most p*ornographic thing i have ever seen on LinC.

Edited by davaolife
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Turbota

• Stranded Shipscook

• David Spicer

smokey

It bothers me that the admins here get all bent out of shape for very small things sometimes but let this disgusting piece of racist garbage to continue to exist on this site. Paul says no p*ornography is allowed but this is the most p*ornographic thing i have ever seen on LinC.

we all see things different even paul ... do you think he is excited about the new papers saying that cebu should have a holiday to honor ... KOREANS

RetiredNavyGuy

I am not sure what the problem is with Turbota's avatar. He didn't make it up. Depending on what you read, it is a frame from a real news clip from Cambodia several years ago, or a frame from "The Killing Fields."

Disturbing, I should hope so. However, ignoring what has happened in the past is a sure way to make sure it happens again.

Stranded Shipscook

I am not sure what the problem is with Turbota's avatar. He didn't make it up. Depending on what you read, it is a frame from a real news clip from Cambodia several years ago, or a frame from "The Killing Fields."

Disturbing, I should hope so. However, ignoring what has happened in the past is a sure way to make sure it happens again.

it is actually a Pulitzer price winning photo and worldwide used during the area of the Vietnam war and used by the peace movement.

Its shows the execution of a VC POW by the Vietnamese army in grave violation of the Geneva Convention.

probably the most known one, together with the famous "WHY.." of a falling soldier, and the one with a naked napalm burned child running away from the bomb site.

its disturbing, yes, but it is also awakening !

RetiredNavyGuy

it is actually a Pulitzer price winning photo and worldwide used during the area of the Vietnam war and used by the peace movement.

Its shows the execution of a VC POW by the Vietnamese army in grave violation of the Geneva Convention.

probably the most known one, together with the famous "WHY.." of a falling soldier, and the one with a naked napalm burned child running away from the bomb site.

You're right! I stand corrected as to source. Thank you.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

the admins are for the time being allowing this thread to go wildly off topic.

as far as a picture, i tend to more often than not go by the tv rule.

if i can see something on regular network prime time tv i figure it's ok here

and i've seen that picture countless times over the years under just those circumstances

however you are always free to report anything you wish or pm any member of the staff

or even start a new topic.

Stranded Shipscook

the admins are for the time being allowing this thread to go wildly off topic.

as far as a picture, i tend to more often than not go by the tv rule.

if i can see something on regular network prime time tv i figure it's ok here

and i've seen that picture countless times over the years under just those circumstances

however you are always free to report anything you wish or pm any member of the staff

or even start a new topic.

ok, well said, broden, so how do we get back to topic... mmmh,

te exchange rate during the time of the photo in question was about 2 peso to a US $ :biggrin_01:

Davaoeno

I am very aware of where it came from. But- different time, different sentiment, different world. What was once - 40 years ago - a wake up call- is now nothing but cheap theatrics used to arouse sexual excitement with the ultra violence crowd . [ thats why i called it p*ornography- because i believe that in some contexts that is what it is related to - cheap sexual thrills] .

byw- the exchange rate does suck.

Stranded Shipscook

I am very aware of where it came from. But- different time, different sentiment, different world. What was once - 40 years ago - a wake up call- is now nothing but cheap theatrics used to arouse sexual excitement with the ultra violence crowd . [ thats why i called it p*ornography- because i believe that in some contexts that is what it is related to - cheap sexual thrills] .

well, its an interesting pint of view, and in the context of the comment under Turbota's avatar it most certainly is degrading for the Photo and its cause itself. maybe a change of the byline could help, if he still like keeping it (like : "War is ... blabla", or "never forget...blabla")

i did not read the current comment, just saw the photo and it wakes different sentiments of a more sad nature, but i am 51 an sort of a time witness.

sexual thrills? certainly a very sick person could have some of this, but they are seldom in freedom. I hope .

RetiredNavyGuy

Yep. you're right! It was a different world. So now, we should forget all about it because, gosh, it could never happen again, right?

Edited by RetiredNavyGuy
smokey

gee i want to tear up but i just cant seems the press did not post the picture i saw of a couple of americans outside of tayNin in 1970 there were 3 of them hanging in a tree gutted i can only hope they were already dead before that happened.. so you will have to excuse some people for not shedding any tears at the VC guy who was much luckier then the 3 americans as his death was quick but hey the rate well if you beleive all you read the philippines is just a few days away from becoming the best investment in asia

Edited by robert51
Stranded Shipscook

gee i want to tear up but i just cant seems the press did not post the picture i saw of a couple of americans outside of tayNin in 1970 there were 3 of them hanging in a tree gutted i can only hope they were already dead before that happened.. so you will have to excuse some people for not shedding any tears at the VC guy who was much luckier then the 3 americans as his death was quick but hey the rate well if you beleive all you read the philippines is just a few days away from becoming the best investment in asia

No atrocity of any war is in any form justified by any civilized nation or by any individual soldier.

What is wrong is wrong.

Any US soldier who would have been caught in this act, would have received a court martial. North Vietnam (as well as South Vietnam) did not respect those rules, but that is Asia.

They paid a high price for it. As well as all nations involved this conflict.

I wonder when politician will learn one day.

smokey

No atrocity of any war is in any form justified by any civilized nation or by any individual soldier.

What is wrong is wrong.

Any US soldier who would have been caught in this act, would have received a court martial. North Vietnam (as well as South Vietnam) did not respect those rules, but that is Asia.

They paid a high price for it. As well as all nations involved this conflict.

I wonder when politician will learn one day.

well you have those folks who play by the rules and are proud to admit it and then you have the other guys... your VC,,, your terriorist,,, your highjackers.... kidnappers,,, and gun shooting bad guys and just sometimes you need to stoop to their level to show them pay back hurts. many times you will hear the battle cry..... GET SOME and in war is has nothing to do with sex... but hey that forex sucks..

Edited by robert51

I do not know what you guys are on about.... I think the rate at the moment is fantastic......46 plus to the dollar......that is the Aussie dollar :as-if: DO not know how long it will last but for now i am a happy camper. I guess what goes around comes around.....Still love the place, and loved it when the aussie was only around 33 peso to the dollar not so long ago.

Regards Peter

Puerto Galera and NQ

thebob

Cut and Past:

"More controversially, Romer lauds QE for helping to weaken the dollar. A weaker dollar makes U.S. goods more competitive overseas, boosting exports and GDP growth, and ultimately hiring. While that's true, she seems to overlook the impact a weak dollar has on ordinary Americans in terms of falling buying power and punishment for savers and those living on fixed-incomes."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily-ticker/bring-qe3-t-afford-not-more-romer-says-20110407-045249-959.html

It looks like the weak dollar is no accident, is part of US policy.

Doug

Gotta go along with you there, disgusting.

Doug

It's obvious when you think of it, The US is the largest debtor nation in the world. That debt is denominated in dollars, devalue the dollar, you reduce the debt.

Then a bit of inflation and everything is fixed!