Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

Day 3

miles-high

Slept until 12:30 pm, we had a relaxing lunch at the hotel

easy44

You don't expect the priests to live like their parishioners do you?

Edited by easy44

Stranded Shipscook

Good morning mate and thanks for the explicit trip report ! thanks also for the nice chat, it was good to see you.

About that church topic, well ye, its been throughout the ages everywhere in the world. People exchange their materialistic values for hope, and the churches give them hope.

We have both seen the cathedrals in Europe build with the blood and sweat of the poor population, as well as the pyramids in Egypt.

in modern ndays it still exists and is replaced in the not so religious part with monuments of power, such as all those buildings in Munich by the Nazi Party, or the more modern buildings worldwide of parliaments and other symbols of "Here lives the guy who rules you".

Or in our business world, the big desk and extravagant offices of management inside luxurious towers of impressive architecture.

or other status symbols as cars and private jets. ( :P )

We are all surrounded by it and do it by ourselves, spending a big part of our lives for work in order to gain status and wealth. And when we have it, we display it. And look down on those who don't (some do)

I have recognized it a long time ago, as you witnessed yourself. So i stopped participating in the rat race and took myself out of it.

Sometimes though i regret it, but not for long...

Cheers and have a good time in Cebu.

Ozepete

Wash your mouth out Miles high!! Are you suggesting that religion is like Big Business? Just another money making racket?

OMG, praise the flawed! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Cheers.. (Enjoy your stay)

Jess Bartone

I have recognized it a long time ago, as you witnessed yourself. So i stopped participating in the rat race and took myself out of it.

Sometimes though i regret it, but not for long...

As usual Guenther, you make a lot of sense and have a unique way of expressing it.

It's not just the church, but anyone who manages to gain a high enough foothold to piss on those below. "Rat race" is exactly what it is.

Ok back on topic... we don't see many road trip reports, thanks Miles-high. Any chance of getting more details, place names, ferries used etc?

P.S. Sorry, just read your other topics... have had virtually zero internet the last few days... bloody Smart bro of course.

Edited by Jesse

miles-high

Ok back on topic... we don't see many road trip reports, thanks Miles-high. Any chance of getting more details, place names, ferries used etc?

As per your request, here's the list of city/town/village names shown on the car nav...

:rofl:

Log.docx

SkyMan

Good morning mate and thanks for the explicit trip report !

Guy drives for 3 days, posts three paragraphs and you call it explicit? Well Tommy, what did you do for your 3 month summer vacation? Went to Disney World, saw Goofey, nothing much.

musicman666

Guy drives for 3 days, posts three paragraphs and you call it explicit? Well Tommy, what did you do for your 3 month summer vacation? Went to Disney World, saw Goofey, nothing much.

yeah gunther .. what have you got to say about that ??

thor888

Maybe next time you will try it by bicycle, and see what the philippiines really has to offer. Why not try it the long way through the islands, Mindoro, Panay, Negros, cebu.

Jess Bartone

yeah gunther .. what have you got to say about that ??

Not much... Guenther has left the building.

Julian C Thong

I'm confused. If you drove what were you doing at Mactan airport?

Stranded Shipscook

He had several threads running in the forum,. not only this one, including a complete drivers log for the trip. However, i thanked him because he was also visiting me in Balamban and we talked for a few hours, hence my polite thanks.

get it ? :stick_poke: