Philippine doctor told to divorce dying wife

Jess Bartone

Thanks for replying here Doctor, for me at least it's an honour that you took the time to do so. Never give up hope because sometimes miracles do happen. My prayers are with your wife.

And please I do hope you will remain as an active member here and continue to contribute to the forums. Panalanginan ikaw sa Dyos.

• Like 2
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docjun01

• Jess Bartone

• loosehead

• Cary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The staff, membership, and myself are very sorry for your loss, sir.

I reckon one could just about guarantee that all the folk here on this forums, feels a sense of sadness for the loss of the wife and mother in this story... And as an Aussie, I was angry and saddened

*ahem* excuse me Mr Mason, but if they were muslims there would be no problem... Christians take a hike.   Example... 1 muslim, 3 wives (1 legal, 2 live in), 18 children, drawing $5,000+ a week on s

It seems to be the way that if you are born here in Australia, or you migrate here legally ( doesn't matter ), and you do the right thing, work hard, pay the government taxes, avoid any kind of trouble, be a so-called upstanding citizen, then unfortunately the government doesn't seem to have a "classification" for you if you are in need of assistance. In other words a citizen like this does not fall into a recognized catergory so the government just does not know how to respond.

Now if you arrive here illegally, burn or throw away your passport, incite riots and protests etc etc , then the government can assist. You may be entitled to free legal aid, free accomodation, free meals, you have the right to protest over the government taking so long with your case, and worst case scenario, you will get a free plane ride home.

Jess Bartone

.....if you arrive here illegally, burn or throw away your passport, incite riots and protests etc etc , then the government can assist. You may be entitled to free legal aid, free accomodation, free meals, you have the right to protest over the government taking so long with your case, and worst case scenario, you will get a free plane ride home.

You forgot free medical and dental.

You forgot free medical and dental.

Oh yes Jesse, i did forget those two.

The next thing you know, we will be hearing about some illegal bringing legal proceedings against Australia for " unjust treatment "

Honestly........... the world's gone mad.

Edited by Bundy
  • 7 months later...

I want to update the forum re: Philipine doctor told to divorce sick wife, please. Just want to thank every body for all their thoughts and prayers.

Mary Maris Stella De Paz Sofocado (1968-2011)

After a courageous 2 year battle with cancer, Mary Maris Stella passed away peacefully, surrounded by all those who loved her deeply, on the 9th of December 2011, at Kalgoorie Regional Hospital, Western Australia. Age 43. Beloved wife of Dr Cesar. Loving mother of Sofia Lorraine and Kyla Maris. Father: Felipe Sr (deceased), Mother: Emma, Siblings: Raissa, Genick, Mariam, Mariso, Gigie, and Junjun.

Mary Maris Stella’s strong will, love for her family, and prayers by devoted friends granted her precious time with her family.

The Family thanks all her relatives and friends for the support and prayers over the years.

Friends and family are invited to attend a simple memorial service on Tuesday, 1:30 pm December 13th, 2011, at Goldfields Crematorium Chapel, Memorial Drive Kalgoorlie, WA 6430

“Love doesn't end with dying or leave with the last breath. For someone you've loved deeply, Love doesn't end with death.”

another issue:

Nursing Negligence at Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital,Western Australia

The West Australian Newspaper (please copy and paste to your browser the link below)

http://au.news.yahoo...ow-mother-dies/

docjun01 intended to post that, but could only do so by reporting the thread, due to it being locked at the time.

Edited by Admin
  • Like 1

The staff, membership, and myself are very sorry for your loss, sir.

• Like 5
Wombat No More

I reckon one could just about guarantee that all the folk here on this forums, feels a sense of sadness for the loss of the wife and mother in this story... And as an Aussie, I was angry and saddened by the information that the good doctor had been advised to divorce his wife to allow his familiy's stay in Oz. What a disgraceful situation and many of us could feel the stress the family must have been going through. At least that was finally turned around it seems but not before delivering all involved a real undeserved punch in the solar plexus. But how stressful all over again to find out that even a doctors wife cannot get the pain relief she needs to ease her massive suffering, and all due to incompetant nursing staff and management... Don't bother with a shit place like Kalgoorlie if they treat dying people like that.

If the doc himself ever reads this thread, I'm really sorry for your loss and I'm ashamed to be an Australian when Govt beaurocrats make insensible and inhumane moves like described with you. Be assured that a real lot of folk out there do not like these people either... I hope you and your two girls enjoy your life from now on...

• Like 4

Self serving jerks that invariably say 'how can I not help you'

Sitting there scared, watching the news and ready to evacuate.

We've created a monster.

• Like 1

I reckon one could just about guarantee that all the folk here on this forums, feels a sense of sadness for the loss of the wife and mother in this story... And as an Aussie, I was angry and saddened by the information that the good doctor had been advised to divorce his wife to allow his familiy's stay in Oz. What a disgraceful situation and many of us could feel the stress the family must have been going through. At least that was finally turned around it seems but not before delivering all involved a real undeserved punch in the solar plexus. But how stressful all over again to find out that even a doctors wife cannot get the pain relief she needs to ease her massive suffering, and all due to incompetant nursing staff and management... Don't bother with a shit place like Kalgoorlie if they treat dying people like that.

If the doc himself ever reads this thread, I'm really sorry for your loss and I'm ashamed to be an Australian when Govt beaurocrats make insensible and inhumane moves like described with you. Be assured that a real lot of folk out there do not like these people either... I hope you and your two girls enjoy your life from now on...

thank you so much...

• Like 1
Wombat No More

thank you so much...

You are very welcome sir.

I'm sorry I cannot do something for you but I'm sure in the years you have been in Australia, that you and your family have also met and befriended the best an Australian community can provide and I trust and believe you have a lot of support from those close to you now. Of course, things will be mentally difficult for a while but as you know, it will improve and life will provide many joys once again... I wish you and the girls a speedy trip for that journey. Take care and love your daughters all the more and be happy in their wellbeing...

• Like 2

GWN 7 News TV Nursing Negligence at Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital,Western Australia

(to watch and read, please copy and paste to your browser the links below)

http://au.gwn7.yahoo.com/w2/video/-/watch/27560001/grieving-husband/

The West Australian Newspaper

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/news/12316130/residency-row-mother-dies/

jtmwatchbiz

my wife janice and myself would like to offer you and your children our sincere condolences and your beloved wife and mother of your children will be on our prayers.

you're a stand-up guy so please Dr. keep up the good work you do, as i'm sure you would be more than willing to help and treat ANYONE in need...the poor as well as the selfish politicians of the world.

janice and fred maturo

guadalupe

cebu city

• Like 1