Philippine doctor told to divorce dying wife

easy44

I just heard Immigration Minister Chris Bowen on the radio saying he will intervene to give permanent Australian residency to the Doctor and his family. A good result for the family and for WA.

Wow! Someone actually did the right thing. Unfortunately, I doubt whether it would have happened without the pressure of publicity.

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docjun01

• Jess Bartone

• Cary

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The staff, membership, and myself are very sorry for your loss, sir.

I reckon one could just about guarantee that all the folk here on this forums, feels a sense of sadness for the loss of the wife and mother in this story... And as an Aussie, I was angry and saddened

*ahem* excuse me Mr Mason, but if they were muslims there would be no problem... Christians take a hike.   Example... 1 muslim, 3 wives (1 legal, 2 live in), 18 children, drawing $5,000+ a week on s

RetiredNavyGuy

But it DID happen. So politicians aren't completely ignoring us. ....yet.

Davaoeno

But it DID happen. So politicians aren't completely ignoring us. ....yet.

I noticed that earlier many people were willing to condemn their governments so I was wondering how many people were going to have enough class to acknowledge when the govt made a ruling on humanitarian grounds. Thanks RNG !

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i've known more people who deal 3 card monte for a living than i have politicians

they usually let the mark win a hand here and there

Gringo69

Ok time to throw my two bobs worth in, following the media case on this one (and to answer one posters question) the good Doctor and his family came here legally some years ago when he started working in Geraldton... They then applied for permanent residency before his wife got crook with cancer but as is usual immigration took their time reviewing his case, this is not the first case this has happened in Australia... A short while back another foreign doctor came and worked in the country (where towns are screaming out for doctors) and yet the immigration twats refused him permanent residency because of his disabled son, he gave an undertaking that no burden would be put on the Australian taxpayer, the local community got up in arms and that doctor now has permanent residency as the govt and the petty bureaucrats backed down...

All crap aside this good bloke and his family should and I believe will stay in WA and the govt and the petty bureaucrats can suck on a fat one...

I just heard Immigration Minister Chris Bowen on the radio saying he will intervene to give permanent Australian residency to the Doctor and his family. A good result for the family and for WA.

At last a politician with balls - now lets hope he keeps his word...

• Like 1
Spango58

About time something positive came out of the Dept of Immigration, great stuff.

Cheers

Mark

Ozepete

*ahem* excuse me Mr Mason, but if they were muslims there would be no problem... Christians take a hike.

Example... 1 muslim, 3 wives (1 legal, 2 live in), 18 children, drawing $5,000+ a week on social security, never worked a f**king day in their miserable lives. Not just 1 "family", but hundreds of them.

In this case we have a much-needed doctor who is willing to work in far-flung outposts (that Aussie doctors won't because there are no yuppy coffee shops or other hangouts), and presumably on a very handsome salary.

Yes I'm "cribbing about parasites", but this family is exactly what Australia needs more of, not the other sort of scum suckers I described.

Spot on... and our stupid f##king government is now letting boat loads more in and kicking out decent people.. Filipinos have never caused any trouble in Oz and are good contributors but these other are bleeding us blind.

'Anyone with shit for brains... head straight to Canberra!

Jess Bartone

Filipinos have never caused any trouble in Oz and are good contributors but these other are bleeding us blind.

We have an expression in Oz, "Head down and arse up", it means bend your back and get into it, or more simply, work so hard no one sees you. You never hear any controversy about Filipinos because that is exactly what they do... head down and arse up... given the opportunity, Filipinos are amongst the hardest working people in the world. They contribute more per capita than any other immigrant race, and in my industry I've worked with the lot. Far too many races form enclaves which usually become crime ridden ghettos, but Filipinos just want to blend in and be Aussies.

So why are Filipinos so blatantly discriminated against when it comes to immigration?

We have an expression in Oz, "Head down and arse up", it means bend your back and get into it, or more simply, work so hard no one sees you. You never hear any controversy about Filipinos because that is exactly what they do... head down and arse up... given the opportunity, Filipinos are amongst the hardest working people in the world. They contribute more per capita than any other immigrant race, and in my industry I've worked with the lot. Far too many races form enclaves which usually become crime ridden ghettos, but Filipinos just want to blend in and be Aussies.

So why are Filipinos so blatantly discriminated against when it comes to immigration?

Perhaps it's because they are filtered so vigorously that they haven't become what the other foreign communities have become?

In 2009-10, Filipinos were the fifth largest source of migrants to Australia.

They were the third largest source from Asia after China and India.

I am curious as to why you think Filipinos are discriminated against.

Jess Bartone

In 2009-10, Filipinos were the fifth largest source of migrants to Australia.

They were the third largest source from Asia after China and India.

I am curious as to why you think Filipinos are discriminated against.

I am curious as to why you have not given sources... official sources. Some links to some .gov.au sites would do.

loosehead

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipino_Australian

This may be the source but it is very difficult to get accurate immigration figures. Although there are a lot of filipino immigrating to australia, I agree with Jesse that there is discrimination against filipinos and other asians. If you marry or have a girlfriend who is a pom or a yank or any other white woman, i'm sure it is a lot easier to get them into aussie.

docjun01

Hi guys..an anonymous emailed, telling my wife should not be granted the pr visa because my beloved wife will gonna

docjun01

To all of you,

On behalf of myfamily, we wish to express our sincere gratitude to you all, who