Philippine doctor told to divorce dying wife

sperman

240411genvisa1_16r9cug-16r9cuj.jpg?x=292&sig=laOBHcIXKDeEioGs5h.AOw--mods, not sure where to put this disturbing news.

this is typical of the low lifes that pass for a government for the people, by the people. after filling an urgent need for rural doctors in australia, this man has his wifes application refused on medical grounds. this is another example typical of a government that has the compassion of a taipan. they would most likely claim they were presiding over a christian country. this sort of behaviour makes my blood boil.

Sharon Smith/WA News

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• docjun01

• Jess Bartone

• loosehead

• Cary

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The staff, membership, and myself are very sorry for your loss, sir.

I reckon one could just about guarantee that all the folk here on this forums, feels a sense of sadness for the loss of the wife and mother in this story... And as an Aussie, I was angry and saddened

*ahem* excuse me Mr Mason, but if they were muslims there would be no problem... Christians take a hike.   Example... 1 muslim, 3 wives (1 legal, 2 live in), 18 children, drawing $5,000+ a week on s

CardiacKid

I was actually surprised/relieved that this is taking place in W.A. When I read the topic title I assumed this was happening in the U.S. Probably a decision made by an anal little faceless bureaucrat with no accountability for his actions. It sets a new standard for the saying "Let no good deed go unpunished". This type of behavior doesn't make my blood boil anymore, it simply saddens and nauseates me.

USMC-Retired

The story leaves alot out. What is her status? Was she illegal? Did he bring her over after working for several years?

However reading this I feel it is a paper snafu. Where people are following the letter of the law and not understanding real life. Law is not meant as black and white. Yet some will take that and make no concessions. Immigration status is left to one persons opinion and that is why these things happen all over the world.

Spango58

i had to read this story a few times to understand it, i cant believe that our immigration can be so callous, but when i see my i own situation then i can believe, tried three times for my GF on a tourist visa and been knocked back, Aussie Embassy in Manlia biggest bunch feckwits that ever walked the planet have no respect for them wotso ever. Intend to move to Cebu when i can.

Cheers

Mark

RetiredNavyGuy

i had to read this story a few times to understand it, i cant believe that our immigration can be so callous, but when i see my i own situation then i can believe, tried three times for my GF on a tourist visa and been knocked back, Aussie Embassy in Manlia biggest bunch feckwits that ever walked the planet have no respect for them wotso ever. Intend to move to Cebu when i can.

Cheers

Mark

You think the Aussie Embassy is bad, you should try dealing with the American Embassy. They are mindless gatekeepers in almost every country, but they seem to be at their absolute worst in Manila. Like CardiacKid, I had to read the article a couple of times to make sure it wasn't the US they were talking about. This world makes me a little more an anarchist every day. We couldn't POSSIBLY do a worse job running our own lives than these bureaucrats who are sure they know better than us are doing.

• Like 1
Alan S

I had read that story before, and I was, indeed am, disgusted.

This is sad. Can the doctor appeal and if he can then to who? And he needs to do so ASAP. I don't know about OZ, but in the States there are free and very good legal groups that take up causes for free and they do a really good job. I hope OZ has something like that for him to use.

Just re read it and saw the last like that immigration is not talking. What a surprise. I'm not up on OZ politics. Do they have a PM? And if so could the PM step in and help?

I am almost ashamed to be called an Aussie. I have seen the exact same thing happen at least half a dozen times in the past five years in Austrlia, and it saddens and infuriates me, that people are treated this way. There are just too many arseholes here, and not enough bullets !

alexccms

It's nice being to provide for my family... but not at the expense of my family.

I'd tell them to shove the job down under.

gcurious

Sorry to hear this story too....but most experiences with bureaucrats is the same.....incompetent.

If the family is his highest priority, he has no choice but to leave OZ and be together with his family in the philippines.................

SkyMan

Hopefully this story will bring the pressure of public opinion against the bureaucrats and it gets fixed. If not, it's sad. The whole family will have to return to the RP until she dies and then start the process over. In the mean time WA loses a needed doctor.

Edited by SkyMan
billten

Aus, the US, Canada. Their all the #$%#$% same. Bastards all of them.

Tried thee times to take my wife to Canada to visit. They say she is on some terrorist watch list and denied. I don't get it, mid 30's, married, college education, three kids, active business, land and home owner, traveled to various countries including three visits to the UK. But no, she's not good enough to visit Canada. No appeal, no chance of review, just denied.

Well screw em...

sperman

Just re read it and saw the last like that immigration is not talking. What a surprise. I'm not up on OZ politics. Do they have a PM? And if so could the PM step in and help?

yes, there is a PM. her name is juLIAR. (something strange about her posture too). she got the job by backstabbing her predecessor kevin rudd. her minders told her to get a carbon tax happening no matter what. i doubt if she'd do anything unless it was politically expedient. perhaps the medical fraternity could put some heat on.

• Like 1
The Mason

Of course, on the other side of the argument, if Australia started admitting immigrants that they know are going to require expensive medical care, possibly at taxpayer expense...well then all the Aussies would be cribbing about the parasites sucking the country dry and taking advantage of the Aussie immigration laws. Immigration is damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Hopefully some publicity will get them to relent on this case, but I wouldn't bet on it. If you bend the rules for one, there will be flood of lawsuits demanding the rules are bent for all.