Sign in to follow this  
Kreole

Best weather on Camiguin island

Kreole

I have visited Camiguin island twice, and stayed a month each time. Unfortunately, on the first trip of the 30 days that I was there, it rained, as in RAINED, for 20 of the 30 days. That was the month of January, 2010. Still, the island is so special that I returned again for another 30 days for the month of February 2011, and the weather was even worse, with only a few days of sunshine and and the rest rain. So it became a bit depressing being stuck in the cottage. Can anyone tell me what months of the year Camiguin is supposed to be in the "dry" season? I won't return there again unless I can look forward to some good weather to hike and explore more. Thank you.

udonthani

it seems to me you were just unlucky. I wouldn't have thought Camiguin is anything close to being one of the wetter places in the Philippines. Both times I went in December (in different years) the weather was pretty good, there was a little rain, but not much. In fact the owner of the place I was staying said the weather had been very dry up to then (Xmas 2010) and that the water table was low.