Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

Holy Week...

miles-high

I plan to drive from Manila to Cebu this Tuesday but have noticed that many hotels around the country advertise the "Holy Week Specials" which often are Php1,000 to 3,000 higher than the regular rates

greatplace

Holy week and xmas is the silly season for travelling around the PI. There will be millions of people on the move going home to the provinces. Plus its school holidays at the moment.

If you don't really need to travel I would put your trip off to the following week or two.

Headshot
I plan to drive from Manila to Cebu this Tuesday

How do you plan to do that? Having the origin and destination on different islands may make driving a bit problematic. :biggrin_01:

miles-high

http://www.cebuboattrips.com/index.htm :stick_poke:

Still debating whether I should do this at all during this Holy Week...

and Smar-Leyte-Cebu or... Masbate-Cebu...

:offtopic:

Stranded Shipscook

Best and most simple is you drive all the way down to Ormoc and then get the RORO over to Cebu. Scenic also.

it should not be full in the direction from Ormoc.

however, the often spoken 'Travel Warning" over easter is often exagarrated, yes Hote are more expensive, but when you haggle a lot, you gte regular artes. mostly fruitful for ovrenighter in late afternoon when you promise to check out early.

For self driving its all clear, you don't have to worry about full transports.

Tip- use the multiple Motels in the larger towns or cities, i know they have the reputation of lovers dens, but even i use them for a 6 hour when i am drunk in the city and don't wanna drive home. The rooms are mostly better than regular pensions or hotels, but cost only a few hundred. And they always have vacancies, if not right away, maybe 15 minutes and you got one...

And who cares about the 'odd" looks when u check in alone ?

Hope you have a safe drive ! And take your time.