PapaRay

I'm going to try and get my immigrant visa before I leave the states. Right now I'm working on my passport application. Any one get thier 13a here in the states prior to going to the Philippines. How long did it take? How long before my trip should I apply?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BoholoX

• David Spicer

• SkyMan

• Mailman

Bob Ward

I'm going to try and get my immigrant visa before I leave the states. Right now I'm working on my passport application. Any one get thier 13a here in the states prior to going to the Philippines. How long did it take? How long before my trip should I apply?

This thread is about the 13a interview process here in Cebu/Phils. You will probably get a better response if you start a new thread on the topic you are asking about. Cheers

Stranded Shipscook

Don't get me wrong, but you should contact the Philippine embassy for those timing questions, they know their backlog and time frame.Iin general when it comes to bureaucratic affairs with the Philippines or any other third world country, it is never too early to apply, so do it now.

Experiences from one person to another can not be transferred hundred percent.

PapaRay

Thanks, sorry for interupting the thread. Kinda new to this forum business

Bob Ward

Thanks, sorry for interupting the thread. Kinda new to this forum business

You did nothing wrong! I was just saying that so you would get better answers. Vheers

Cebuned

Don't get me wrong, but you should contact the Philippine embassy for those timing questions, they know their backlog and time frame.Iin general when it comes to bureaucratic affairs with the Philippines or any other third world country, it is never too early to apply, so do it now.

Experiences from one person to another can not be transferred hundred percent.

FACT! If dealing with the Philippine Embassy in New York City, it's a very fast and easy process to get your 13A. Go to their web site and it's all laid out for you there. Show up at 9 AM with all your papers in order, plus the $150 USD fee, and by noon your on the train with 13A in hand.....I would never go thru the bullshit here of even trying to get a 13A here.

David Spicer

These are 2 separate entities. What you're asking about is a 13a entry visa. What's being discussed here is a Change of Status to permanent resident under Section 13a. The end result is the same, but the requirements and procedures are different.

Note: the entry visa will have to be processed here to permanent resident, which can also be an adventure.

RogerDuMond

FACT! If dealing with the Philippine Embassy in New York City, it's a very fast and easy process to get your 13A. Go to their web site and it's all laid out for you there. Show up at 9 AM with all your papers in order, plus the $150 USD fee, and by noon your on the train with 13A in hand.....I would never go thru the bullshit here of even trying to get a 13A here.

I did all of mine by mail. I did not have to go to an Embassy or Consulate. Once I mailed everything to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC, it took about 2 1/2 months. I would mail everything that is required about 4 to 6 months before you are ready to leave just to be on the safe side. The visa is good for 1 year from the date that it is issued. Getting everything together is time consuming.

M.Baboy

My Filipina cousin in Manila has a very good attorney friend, who she says can help me to get dual citizenship and he is not a fixer either. I take it if I get dual citizenship, then I no longer have to worry about getting a 13A visa, diba?

David Spicer

My Filipina cousin in Manila has a very good attorney friend, who she says can help me to get dual citizenship and he is not a fixer either. I take it if I get dual citizenship, then I no longer have to worry about getting a 13A visa, diba?

If you are authorized to obtain dual citizenship you would of course not need a visa.

Mailman

Nope. You would then just need to get a Philippine passport. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
BoholoX

I'll put this one to bed.

Went back last friday 27th to collect the Visa. Was worried that we arrived late (the Weesam didnt sail at 7.00am so had to take the 9.30) but Atty was fine, little bit of photocopying to do and just one single, official receipted payment for the probationary Visa and amended ACR-I card fee. Annoyingly I had to wait to get my inked fingerprints done again (arent they kept on record - they havent changed? Messy, messy.) AND electronic fingerprints again. Out just before closing, have to wait 2 months for the ACR card and go through it all again in 1 year! Right now where's my wife's passport???????????