You guys are being too hard on these dedicated Filipino civil service employees that work tirelessly to get your 13a visa for you.

Remember where your at ... Your in the Philippines ... A country of honest, God fearing Catholics that would not dream of asking you for any extra money or favors just for doing there job.

These civil servants of the government are only doing there tireless job in the hope of just getting a smile and a warm 'Thank You' from you, the foreigner.

Remember, as most Filipinos who work in these government offices will tell you ... "We are here to serve the public without any consideration for self gain or cronyism, and will afford every effort to make your short stay in our offices comfortable and without undue stress".

Again, these Filipino workers are good Christians that live by the Golden Rule ... "Treat others only as you consent to being treated in the same situation".

Nuff Said!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Spicer

• BoholoX

• Mailman

• SkyMan

I got took for 4000 pesos and was happy that was all...

SkyMan

A country of honest, God fearing Catholics that would not dream

Again, these Filipino workers are good Christians that live by the Golden Rule ...

You were right the first time but then you missed the boat.

Missed the boat ... I think the boat sank years ago!

TheDuke

I've never gone for a 13A, but getting a green card for my wife and then the subsequent citizenship for her was very easy. The green card just came in the mail after one interview and her citizenship was processed through snail mail with one interview where she had so answer some questions like, Who was the first president? etc. If anyone had a harder time than that then I would guess they were probably part of the problem...........

Edited by TheDuke
David Spicer

P3,500 here in 2008, negotiated down from P5,000, and nothing in 2009. Regardless, it has saved me a lot of money since June of 2008.

KeithAngel

Im suprised by the lack of effort to support the "service logos" in Government departments guys Ive stuck to my guns and would rather spend the money on hotels for the extra time taken

100 pisos for taxi to the nso and back is the only unreicepted expense in seven months

mattwilkie

Never had a problem with mine.. was asleep in his office when I arrived I admit but besides that he sent his assistant off processing and I didn't pay any extra for the whole process. Still waiting on my permanent one although its supposed to be complete just never got round to collecting it yet.

quit_yume

so just out of curiosity... why doesnt someone try asking for a receipt? what's he gonna do... give the money back instead? lol

Mailman

Sometimes swallowing your pride and playing dumb is the best option.

When I had my attorney's interview, he specifically asked for 3,000Php in return for a favorable recommendation. I gave my best confused look (not hard!) and said that I didn't understand what this fee was for. Instead of trying to explain further, he just pretended like he never asked.

smokey

Wait till you start the process of getting her a Green card in the US. They make the Filipinos look like proficient pros.

come on james it was a hassel but never did anyone ask for a single $$$ extra.. i notice the process went fast when we got to see an american but when we saw a local it was very very very slow... some of the people behind the glass had trouble sitting up straight as their heads were so large... and they were all local employees working for the embassy...

David Spicer

Never had a problem with mine.. was asleep in his office when I arrived I admit but besides that he sent his assistant off processing and I didn't pay any extra for the whole process. Still waiting on my permanent one although its supposed to be complete just never got round to collecting it yet.

Hopefully this means that you did apply for amendment to permanent and repeated the entire process.

You know, there are signs posted all over BOI about dealing with "fixers". When asked for extra fees, I'm wondering how your application process might go if you made reference to these posters on the wall while you are writing down their name and taking their picture for the record.

Edited by Mark L
Headshot

You know, there are signs posted all over BOI about dealing with "fixers". When asked for extra fees, I'm wondering how your application process might go if you made reference to these posters on the wall while you are writing down their name and taking their picture for the record.

You can be that confrontational if you want, but I'm guessing the next time you go in to check on the progress for your 13A application, they are going to tell you, "Sir, we have no record of that application."

You can be that confrontational if you want, but I'm guessing the next time you go in to check on the progress for your 13A application, they are going to tell you, "Sir, we have no record of that application."

There are diplomatic ways to "imply" or make them aware that you understand the rules while telling them how happy you are that they do not practice these illegal tactics, (allowing them to save face). Just kindly tell them that you want to make sure they get a favorable report from you on how efficient they handled your application.