Sign in to follow this  
Smitty

Radisson Blu

Smitty

My wife and I are arriving in Cebu late April. I managed to snag a pretty good deal at the Radisson Blu through an ongoing deal with Carlson hotels using the promotional code

Bob Ward

Hard to compare a sprawling beach resort to a high rise near the mall. The hotel itself is new and very nice. Eat in the mall to save $$$.

Smitty

Hard to compare a sprawling beach resort to a high rise near the mall. The hotel itself is new and very nice. Eat in the mall to save $$.

Which one of them is "a sprawling beach resort"?

easy44

Neither one.

Never stayed in either one, but the buffet at the Marco Polo is better than the Radisson, IMHO.

SkyMan

Hard to compare a sprawling beach resort to a high rise near the mall. The hotel itself is new and very nice. Eat in the mall to save $$$.

Well, newly completed. But how many years did it sit vacant and uncompleted because major structural issues were discovered? Of course, I'm sure those have been resolved without mega cash under the table...

I know the Radisson has a nice fountain out front and the picture of the pool looks nice.

Smitty

Neither one.

Never stayed in either one, but the buffet at the Marco Polo is better than the Radisson, IMHO.

Well, I know neither is, since I've stayed at Marco Polo, and knew the Radisson is near SM :stick_poke:. The buffet at Marco Polo is pretty good. And the service is pretty good IMHO. Oh well, I have to the day of to cancel our reservation, so unless anyone says a big NO, we'll be staying there.

Headshot

Well, I know neither is, since I've stayed at Marco Polo, and knew the Radisson is near SM :stick_poke:. The buffet at Marco Polo is pretty good. And the service is pretty good IMHO. Oh well, I have to the day of to cancel our reservation, so unless anyone says a big NO, we'll be staying there.

I think the Radisson Blu is a great choice if somebody gets a good deal like you did. The restaurant at the Radisson appears to be outragiously priced (my take on their advertised menu when they opened last November). But...since it's just across the alley from SM City Mall, there are MANY reasonably-priced dining alternatives available to you...so it's all good. Have fun, and let us know how the rooms and facilities are at the Radisson Blu.

Edited by Headshot

Smitty

I think the Radisson Blu is a great choice if somebody gets a good deal like you did. The restaurant at the Radisson appears to be outragiously priced (my take on their advertised menu when they opened last November). But...since it's just across the alley from SM City Mall, there are MANY reasonably-priced dining alternatives available to you...so it's all good. Have fun, and let us know how the rooms and facilities are at the Radisson Blu.

Well that good deal is available for anyone, if you look at my OP the code is there and I think its still good. We don't plan on eating at the restaurant, as we are pretty frugal even when we have spare cash, but this time we don't. So we will probably eat in any of the SM choices, or even elsewhere, depends on where we go. We never ate in Marco Polo, except for the breakfast buffet which was included, so thats only why :stick_poke:. We really enjoyed our stay at Marco Polo, mostly because the service was really great (even the maid would greet me Mr. Smith when she would see me in the hallway, you can't find that hospitality in North America), I'm just wondering if its the same at Radisson. I'll let y'all know what I find out about the place. Thanks.

Bob Ward

Crap, I just woke up when I posted that and my mind was on the Shangi La. Cheers

Smitty

Crap, I just woke up when I posted that and my mind was on the Shangi La. Cheers

I don't blame you!

Headshot

You know, the really funny thing about that is there is a small hotel just a few blocks down the hill from the Marco Polo that has "Beach Resort" as part of it's name. When we see the sign, we always laugh because you would have a hard time seeing a beach with binoculars from there.

Markham

You can't really compare a five star hotel with one that has, at most, four stars; such a comparison would be unfair. Despite the fact that the Marco Polo IS a five star hotel, its room rates are often the same or lower than the Marriott at Cebu Business Park, a four star hotel with pretensions. The Marco Polo has two things going for it: its location and its General Manager, Hans Hauri who is a stickler for attention to detail and it is through his hard work that the hotel was awarded its fifth star last year.

The Radisson Blu at SM City architecturally reminds me of a typical government office building in St Petersburg built during the Soviet sixties.

Mark

smokey

Well, I know neither is, since I've stayed at Marco Polo, and knew the Radisson is near SM :thumbs_up:. The buffet at Marco Polo is pretty good. And the service is pretty good IMHO. Oh well, I have to the day of to cancel our reservation, so unless anyone says a big NO, we'll be staying there.

before you ask guys which place is better ask .... which one of the places do you think is better if you have STAYED at ;both...

Smitty

before you ask guys which place is better ask .... which one of the places do you think is better if you have STAYED at ;both...

I haven't stayed at both, thats why I'm asking.

smokey

I haven't stayed at both, thats why I'm asking.

well then your in good company most of them have not stayed in either ... ,,, for two days just go and enjoy yourself... there will be plently of time to tell us later what you think of the place..