mogo51's introduction

I have just joined this forum and like my us members, seeking information that will make me come to an informative decision about retiring to Cebu. I will be on a limited budget, but from what I can establish, 1000us$ month is doable?

I can achieve that and some to spare. i was in Cebu several weeks ago for my first visit to Philippines, loved the City but do not want to retire out of one mad house to another. The quiieter life is for me, but not too far from City benefits and at my age (60) good medical. My questions are, can you please give some possible destinations that would suit me. Like to be somewhere near the ocean, as cool as possible given the local of Phils, reasonable infra structure. What should I pay for say a 2 bedroom apartment, furnished and relatively modern, with two bathrooms, what options are there for medical insurance. I am single but dont particularly want to stay that way. wo want to be where there are some possible filipno ladies seeking a semi worn out foreigner, but still holding togeher ok. In short, any advice that I can be given will be truly appreciated. Having read some posting here, there appears to be a genuine desire to help others, so thank you all in advance.

Paul

Hi,

You have a number of questions, each of which should be posted in other forums.

I have split this topic because your inquiries were different from the previous poster, where you had posted the reply.

Please keep in mind that, your post will be viewed by more members who may be able to help you, if you post it as a separate topic, rather than as a reply in an existing topic.

If you have any questions regarding posting in other forums on this site, please let me know.

Balintawak

:closedeyes:

I guess you would like Lapu. rent between 5 and 10.000 furnished. 2 or 3 bedrooms, close to the ocean or beach.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the advice, I am no computer geek I am afraid and very limited to basic e mail use etc, so appreciate your direction. I did gather quite a few answers to my questions by reading the blogs from the us guy. I am impressed by this forum as there seems to be a genuine desire by members to help other members, particularly new ones like myself Where you live does sound like what I am looking for, but I havbe a small business that I have just got off the ground in Aussie and want to run with it for awhile to see if it works. Will initialy come back and forth, I think this is helpful for confirming whether a place is where you want to hang your hat.

I lived in Thailand for awhile (until last December_and rushed into things there, that cost me money (you would hve heard of that one before) but was somewhat nicked in the brain from a bad divorce. So want to take it slowly and be sure that I get it as right as I can this time. Where you are living, is there any nearby mountain areas that may be a little cooler, or do I just learn to live with air con? I do like the water, nothing better than a stroll along the beach. Again thanks for your assistance. Ron

Hi,

You have a number of questions, each of which should be posted in other forums.

I have split this topic because your inquiries were different from the previous poster, where you had posted the reply.

Please keep in mind that, your post will be viewed by more members who may be able to help you, if you post it as a separate topic, rather than as a reply in an existing topic.

If you have any questions regarding posting in other forums on this site, please let me know.

PapaRay

Welcome aboard, I just recently joined too. I find this to be informative, you just have to ask and someone will help you

Mr. Mike

Welcome aboard Mojo. Give it a little time and explore the forum,,,,all the nooks and crannies. There is more information here than you can imagine! :biggrin_01:

mrmike

PapaRay

Welcome aboard, I've only been on this board for a short time but have found it helpful, I hope you do also