NAIA worst airport in Asia

Davaoeno

Seriously, who gives 3 shits how nice an airport is to sleep in?

When you fly Korean air from cebu to Canada you leave Cebu at midnight and arrive in Korea at 6 am. You then have a 10 hour lay over. After being on a plane all night [ i can NOT sleep on planes] believe me I DO CARE how nice the airport is to sleep in ! lol

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smitty

• udonthani

• Markham

• miles-high

When you fly Korean air from cebu to Canada you leave Cebu at midnight and arrive in Korea at 6 am. You then have a 10 hour lay over. After being on a plane all night [ i can NOT sleep on planes] believe me I DO CARE how nice the airport is to sleep in ! lol

That's not always true. I was able to get a KA flight from Cebu to Toronto with only a 3 hour and 15 minute layover in Incheon next month. I'm the opposite of you; I can sleep on a plane (if I'm tired enough) but I could never sleep in an airport.

At least NAIA terminal 2 (the one PAL flies out of) has some form of free wifi, down near that smoking/bar lounge sort of thing at one end of the departure waiting area where the gates are. At least it did back in 2009.

Cipro

So .... don't do that?

Davaoeno

That's not always true. I was able to get a KA flight from Cebu to Toronto with only a 3 hour and 15 minute layover in Incheon next month. I'm the opposite of you; I can sleep on a plane (if I'm tired enough) but I could never sleep in an airport.

At least NAIA terminal 2 (the one PAL flies out of) has some form of free wifi, down near that smoking/bar lounge sort of thing at one end of the departure waiting area where the gates are. At least it did back in 2009.

Sorry - I should have said " when I fly to Vancouver"

Sorry - I should have said " when I fly to Vancouver"

So then, basically a flight to Toronto is less time than a flight to Vancouver. I guess thats what happens when you aren't in the centre of the universe! <insert that tongue sticking out emoticon thing here, since I still can't post emoticons!!>

smokey

Seriously, who gives 3 shits how nice an airport is to sleep in?

well i once got stuck in japans airport during a yearly tornado ... ... i was there 1 and 1/2 days... you cant leave the airport and you better have some money

I have to ask, since there was some talk about scams and thievery by airport officials at NAIA, when exactly did these things happen? Were they recent? I've traveled through NAIA 6 times in the last 2 years and have never been shaken down once. Immigration has never asked me more than 1 or 2 questions, and customs has always just waved me through without much more than a nod. I've heard they clamped down on such behaviour, so is this recent?

Edited by AgentSmith
miles-high

well i once got stuck in japans airport during a yearly tornado ... ... i was there 1 and 1/2 days... you cant leave the airport and you better have some money

That's true

Bob Ward

That's true

Sleeping in airports is quite common when traveling internationally on a budget.

Exactly...not everyone has the coin to slip out to a hotel for 6 hours. But some do.

easy44

A bit off subject but post related. I wondered what Zopiclone was, so I Googled it. Here is one of the warnings given regarding use of this drug:

There have been reports of people doing things while they are asleep after taking this medicine that they do not remember when they wake up. These include sleepwalking, ‘sleep-driving’, making phone calls and preparing and eating food. These events may be more likely if you drink alcohol, or take other medicines with sedative effects (see end of factsheet) in combination with this medicine. If you think this could be happening to you, you should let your doctor know.

Now I think I understand why Udonthani posts some of the stuff he does. He does it while he's sleeping!

Edited by easy44
govoner

coming through NAIA airport last week i noticed one of the questions on the customs declaration

was whether you were bringing in any electronic goods purchased overseas

i walked through with my lap top and cameras etc not declared and just wondering if this was the norm

or do most of you declare your electronic stuff , and has anyone had a problem by not declaring such items at NAIA

coming through NAIA airport last week i noticed one of the questions on the customs declaration

was whether you were bringing in any electronic goods purchased overseas

i walked through with my lap top and cameras etc not declared and just wondering if this was the norm

or do most of you declare your electronic stuff , and has anyone had a problem by not declaring such items at NAIA

I never declare my personal electronics, and feel I have no reason to do so. Declaring things means you are bringing things in that you aren't going to take back out. I always take my electronics back out :stick_poke:

Markham

What both you and Mark appear to be doing is without providing any factual information on the product vis the Fils is saying the Guard was doing his job by shaking some one down for not having a prescription.

The reality in my view is that if the substance was indeed illegal in Philipine law without a prescription then his job would have been to follow the correct protocol regardless of missing flights etc, Personal financial benefit is criminal corruption and Im suprised you both seem to be supporting that unless your saying Wippy,s not telling the truth

He should have a doctor's letter and copy prescription with him as that drug is prescription-only in the UK and here, but didn't. Whippy is well-known for his less than generous attitude and portrayal of the Philippines and its officials and It's entirely possible he over-egged the official's part. But we'll never know as Whippy has been banned.

Mark

Alan S
He should have a doctor's letter and copy prescription with him

Not wishing to digress (too much) but do you know if it is essential to have both, or will just a copy of the prescription suffice?

(Plus the packing would / should have the patients name and address on it.)

What do the rules say?