Coming Soon!

Hello everyone. I'm Sinbad and I'm working in the Middle East as a teacher at the moment. I'll be coming to Cebu with my family in July. It will be our first visit to the Philippines but we have friends and colleagues who have visited or from the island and we are really looking forward to it.

We feel as though there is so much to learn and arrange before we arrive; shipping, accommodation, housing and everything else that goes with moving your life from one continent to another but what is life without a little adventure!

Paul

Welcome to the forum, Sinbad. I'm sure you will find a number of folks who can help answer any questions or concerns you may have. I am happy to help where I can, as well.

Balintawak

Is your wife Filipina? Welcome to LINC!

You find lots of info here and even more people to answer hehe

Athena

:D

and i hope your children will find the transition easy ......... good luck!!!

fredanna

Be a good inbestigator.................the info is all here on LINC

Welcome and I envy you. Me and my family spent 2 marvelous months there LAST July-AUG..................UNforgetable!!! It took me 5 mos to recover from the visit there. I was ready to stay and pull the plug on the USA

Fred

Edited by fredanna

Thanks for the replies guys. There certainly is a lot of information here! I've been wandering through a couple of the sub-forums, trying to learn a little bit more about what we'll be getting in to. We're getting quite a lot of support from the company who is bringing us over but a lot of the things we're investigating (houses and shipping) seem to be the sorts of things that only someone in Cebu will really know about. Hence me signing up here! I'm sure I will be asking a few questions soon but I want to keep looking around first to make sure they haven't been answered yet.

@Balintawak, No, my wife is a Brit.

Paul

If they have been answered, depending on the question, it could be dated information. So, it isn't much of a bother to ask the question again.

Will do! (thumbsup smiley should be here but I can't do that because I'm an insignificant newbie (insert sad smiley here) )