Cup Noodle Cookery

Guest Otokan

Guest Otokan

Most folks eat instant ramen exactly as the directions say to, however, it can be used as a cheap filler to stretch the meal and make it feed more people.

For example, you could add a noodle brick to a pot of chicken broth; with leftover grilled chicken, some steamed veggies, and garlic and you got yourself some chicken noodle soup.

You could make a makeshift yakisoba by boiling 2 ramen bricks, draining and rinsing after 3 minutes, then adding olive oil, broccoli, and one seasoning packet, and then lightly sauteing it. Add pepper to taste... The flavor is very similar although it's not the same as made from scratch.

Then, there is using the instant noodles with real ramen stock and typical ramen fixins...

36360_1327093749600_1598612117_30820951_3282585_n.jpg

digiteye

I use them for making various noodle dishes, e.g. fried noodle with chicken or vegz.

shadow

1 package Ramen

1 egg

2 heaping tblspn salsa

Sausage, bacon, ham, or pepperoni, etc.

Cheese

Breakfast of champions!

Larry in Dumaguete

• Admin (Retired)
broden

ramen have more than one use

1687nzc.jpg

KennyF

Cuneiform writing off of ramen... now that's dubious.

62c9e5489c62e4d2229386c09ffeb1672fc443f4.gif

Edited by KennyF
George45

1 beef ramen noodle

1 super sm red peper

1 super sm yellow peper

1 small hot peper

1 mushroom

1 clove garlic

a little onion

cook noodles

slice everthing else thin add it and spice pack mix and let sit 2 mins.

if I have a small stake 4-6 oz I cook that fist and slice it thin when the

soups finishing.

serve on the side

rainymike

I like to spice it up to make it a more well rounded meal.

Toppings:

Fry scrambled egg and slice into thin strips.

Chopped green onions.

Charsiu pork, shrimp, pork dumplings (there's pretty tasty frozen korean ones sold in some stores), chinese wonton, or other meat/seafood that suits your tastes.

Cook ramen per instructions. Add meat/seafood. Sprinkle on green onions and egg. Tasty and tummy filling.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

we like to prepare them as normal and then use them in stir fry

might have to try this some time though

Guest Otokan

The guy with the ramen fritters never said what kind of batter he used... And yeah it's hard to guess... Americans really like fried foods, so there are thousands of possible batters out there.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

a few months ago my wife and i wanted to try and make deep fried oreo cookies.. a county fair type food.. so we did some looking around before we tried and came up with instant pancake batter, make sure it's the kind you only need to add water to.

now the guy in the video didn't seem to do one thing, freeze the noodles. we found that it workes better with most things if you freeze them then batter then right in to the fryer. oreos unfrozen would melt apart to fast and loose things like for example a ball of spinach would fall apart.

noodles may be ok though as they may tend to kind of knot together