Hello

BANGKOKBOZO

BANGKOKBOZO

It has been suggested I introduce myself and after trying to figure out how...I think I'm ready.

I've been living outside the USA for 10yrs. the last 6yrs. in S.E.A..Hangin on the beach w/my sweetheart is where it is at for me and I do make the best of it.

I have found it necessary to go to the more remote areas to relax.Four wheel drivin on the beach with the family(me,sweetheart and the Doberman!).

I have never found it necessary to do this socializing thing abroad but a new chapter in my life is beginning and after thinking it over have decided to try this here site.

It seems like a good place to connect with some people who are lookin out for the ex-pat abroad and that is a welcome development.Relying on myself has been the modus operandi for so long I almost forgot how to introduce myself and ask some questions as to where to relocate,get some clues on where to go ,people to meet,greet and see,find some buddies etc...

So,How you guys doin?

Paul

Doin' great. By the way, you have reached that magic number, 5, so no more of your posts will be moderated.

That is in place to stop SPAMMERs from joining and posting garbage right away.

I hope you find the information you are looking for, here.

Welcome to the forums!

BANGKOKBOZO

Doin' great. By the way, you have reached that magic number, 5, so no more of your posts will be moderated.

That is in place to stop SPAMMERs from joining and posting garbage right away.

I hope you find the information you are looking for, here.

COOL,I understand that no one knows who I am and what kind of nonsense I could be up to.I assure you sir that I am not here to start,and am not looking for,any trouble.In three quick days I think I got my answers I was looking for.I will ask you a question,if I may,:If I am looking for privacy and want a place on the beach(small cottage/apt(dog friendly!),1 br.,CR,1 AC,refridgerator,cable and usb capable internet,or IP service from cable op.) I should stay away from CEBU?I have been able to find the above situation everywhere I have gone in the last 6 yrs. for between $350-$550/month.Is there something about Mactan that makes this impossible at that price?PHP18,000-30,000?While I realize that proximity to an airport and alleged 'places of interest' cost more,the only places I have seen it in effect are MANILA and downtown BANGKOK and I have no interest in anything other than leaving as soon as I get to either of those two places.If Cebu is the exact same as those places I will defer to a different locale and thank you for the kind advice.I think that maybe it is somewhere between a place like Davao,CDO and Manila...if so,the apt./cottage I seek should be available for php18,000-35,000.I mean these places do not HAVE to exist but there are people in the phils, that have somehow prospered,against the odds,and they gotta rent to someone.and that is where I enter,no-one regrets renting to me.I mind my own business and no one minds my business and I avoid trouble like the plague.sometimes it is impossible to avoid,but I deal as best.Thanks in advance for the good word Sir Paul.

redman69

not living there now I am not the best for cost advice. I can say welcome and let you know Having been in cebu and area for the last 20 off and on a ccouple of times that you can find what you are looking for. I have also heard lots of good things about davao. But I see you know of it allready. Good luck