Sign in to follow this  
T.S.

O+ Platelet Donation Needed for Filipina Friend

T.S.

One of the best friends of my wife in Cebu is in need of an O+ platelet donation before an open heart surgery next week.

She is hoping to have a donor by the 11th or 12th. The blood screening will be done at Cebu Doctors' University Hospital and any fees will be charged to her hospital account, not to you.

Her mother and brother are B+. Her father was o+, but passed away. Her boyfriend is O+ and tried to donate, but was told his veins are too weak.

Let me know here or by private message if you are O+ and willing to help. I will put you in contact with her mother for more details.

I can owe you a few drinks or something next time I am in Cebu. :closedeyes:

T.S.

One possible donor contacted me in under an hour. I would like to give a thank you to that person. :closedeyes:

I am still looking for a backup volunteer or two just in case anything does not work out with the first.

Please contact me still if you are O+ and willing to donate.

Cary

Thanks for being such a good friend TS. And good luck to your friend. I hope she has a successful operation.

Steve
Posted

Posted on the portal and the LinC page on Face Book

T.S.

One possible backup donor has contacted me now too. Thanks to that person also. :closedeyes:

Seems like a great response rate for it being the middle of the night in Cebu.

David_LivinginTalisay

I am also O+ but not sure I would be allowed to be a blood/plasma/platet Donor anymore, due to my Heart Condition and the Medication (Statin, Ramipril, Metropolol, Aspirin) that I am on?

David Whittall

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

mpt1947

I am also O+ but not sure I would be allowed to be a blood/plasma/platet Donor anymore, due to my Heart Condition and the Medication (Statin, Ramipril, Metropolol, Aspirin) that I am on?

David Whittall

The Aspirin for sure will knock you off - even if you take the Baby Aspirin, you have to be off it for 48 hours to give Platelets - but David - trust me - the thought and the desire do count

Mike

T.S.

One more backup donor for good measure would be wonderful. Anyone? I would rather have too many options than too few.

The first person that contacted me is already scheduled for a screening. Hopefully it will go well and everything can proceed. :)

Time for me to sleep. I will get to any PMs/Replies in about 6-8 hours.

broden

good news

best wishes

keep us updated

SkyMan

According to the compatability chart, O+ can also receive O- if that helps.

Sushi Boy

Hello, its been a few days since I checked in on the site and noticed your request. I am O+, 42yrs old but I take Allopurinol daily so if that does not preclude me I would be happy to get screened and help if possible.

T.S.

Hello, its been a few days since I checked in on the site and noticed your request. I am O+, 42yrs old but I take Allopurinol daily so if that does not preclude me I would be happy to get screened and help if possible.

I will see what I can find out about that medication excluding you or not. Either way, thank you for the offer to help.

T.S.

Another possible backup donor has contacted me by PM. Thanks to all for the help.

The first screening has been delayed due to the hospital waiting on a funding letter from PCSO ( http://www.pcso.gov.ph/ ) which is supposed to be helping to fund the surgery. Everything should move forward as soon as that arrives.

I will post an update when I have one.

Sushi Boy

Just let me know... I am not busy so my schedule is very flexible. Anyway please pass on my best wishes and prayers for the surgery!

I will see what I can find out about that medication excluding you or not. Either way, thank you for the offer to help.