10 Common Myths About Bringing Filipinas To The West

loosehead

You two are a match made in heaven Cheers

This helper/maid issue runs deeper that one might think. If the family has grown up with helpers, it's hard to break those habits and do the majority yourself. It's just human nature!

Very true. We have a lot of professional South African immigrants in australia and it's a shock for them to find out it costs $16 an hour minimum for someone to clean, cook and shop for them and babysit their kids. For my wife and I it is one of the attractions of the Philippines that we can take an extended holiday there and can afford to pay someone to do the domestic chores. At home we clean the house and cars ourselves, do the washing and ironing, shopping, cooking, gardening as well as our busy careers. My wife has a very strong work ethic as have all of her filipina friends here in aussie. But we have met some lazy cows so beware.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• KennyF

• Cipro

• AngelofBroden

udonthani
We have a lot of professional South African immigrants in australia and it's a shock for them to find out it costs $16 an hour minimum for someone to clean, cook and shop for them and babysit their kids.

I thought they were blecks in Australia!

loosehead

I thought they were blecks in Australia!

whippy most professional saffas immigrants are white as they have had the privileged upbringing necessary to get the professional qualifications that meet the aussie immigration requirements. I'm sure that will change as the saffa society is changing. A black saffa friend of mine calls them the "white flight crowd".

udonthani

by blecks I meant abbos. Both black and white South Africans employ black domestic servants if they have any kind of status at all, possibly some of them might think that native Australians might be available for peanuts same way.