• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jess Bartone

• KennyF

• Cipro

• AngelofBroden

Cipro

Wow good to know "they" are all the same, makes it so much simpler.

Wow good to know "they" are all the same, makes it so much simpler.

Nobody said "they" are all the same. If fact if you read the disclaimer at the beginning, you would have seen that the Myths are admittedly a "sweeping generalization".

Cipro

Nobody said "they" are all the same. If fact if you read the disclaimer at the beginning, you would have seen that the Myths are admittedly a "sweeping generalization".

I read it all, it boils down to "Filipinas are people", film @ 11.

monkeyboy

even though I havent been to the pi yet, I have observed this to be true for the most part outside of the pi. and it sucks

I suppose there are many things to consider when taking your wife to the U.S. or whatever country you live in. I am planning to take my beautiful Asawa to the U.S. around christmas. The competition will be enormous etc. So i guess a few things that may help is:

If you are fat and lazy, lose some weight (I lost 30+ lbs and feel much better)

If your a cranky old bastard....change your attitude

If you are bossy and expect to have your wife take your shoes off for you and basically be a control freak...again, change your attitude

If your wife is too excited to go to the U.S.,, then maybe she has ulterior motives and you should be leery. and maybe it is a good idea to really know her before you take her.

I know my wife doesnt care one way or another if she goes there, she doesnt want my money and would actually prefer to work instead of have me support her...I am very lucky, and there are many here that are very lucky too...but there are also many suckers who cant believe that a pretty girl gives them the time of day let alone their body (we are all in that boat haha)...and generally i would have to agree with the above somewhat negative statements....but you will really never know unless you try...and hope like hell that your wife truly loves you regardless of the opportunities she will have in your country.

udonthani

if you really loved them, you'd want to get them out of there, regardless of what happens after that. The Philippines isn't going to improve. It's not going to be in a place of advantage a generation hence. We know it, and they know it.

SkyMan

I'm not going to say the OP is correct as there will be plenty of arguments from those that have wives that have made the transition without problems and he does admit to generalizing. But I know my daughter was against me moving here because she had many Fil-Am friends when she was attending The Ohio State University that all pretty much had the same story. Dad, usually military, brought mom to the states and soon she divorced him taking a sizable settlement which is how they can now afford to go to the university of their choice. Also, while I was in the military, troops were pretty much advised (unofficially) not to marry Filipinas or Korean women. Often troops did without the ability to stay in country permanently. Sooner or later they were reassigned to the US or Europe or left the military to return home and things often went badly after that. And this was usually the younger troops similarly aged with their wives while it was the older troops that had already experienced this or at least witnessed it often enough advising against. I should also qualify that these wives were often the type of girls one would expect to find around a military base.

smokey

well i looked over the list and have to say on number two my wife is spending a lot more in the US then she did here.... and number 6 the guy at the DMV has been hitting on her telling her how pretty she is ... so there can be some truth to some of these but of course your milage will vary... and my wife is 50 years old...

well i looked over the list and have to say on number two my wife is spending a lot more in the US then she did here.... and number 6 the guy at the DMV has been hitting on her telling her how pretty she is ... so there can be some truth to some of these but of course your milage will vary... and my wife is 50 years old...

If your wife is 50 and she's still getting hit on, thats probably a good thing.

smokey

If your wife is 50 and she's still getting hit on, thats probably a good thing.

that is what i told her and then she says ... after being in the US white is very common and brown is good ,,,, another insight she found is in the US everyone is busy and in a hurry , in cebu they are very slow and take a long time ,,,, she loves driving in the US because everyone stays in their own space

govoner

if you really loved them, you'd want to get them out of there, regardless of what happens after that.

trouble is a lot of the guys here have really loved someone before in the west and still lost half their fortune etc

how many guys can afford to do that twice

smokey

good for her maybe. Maybe not so good for you.

If shit happens it happens

My own personal experience as well as observing others agrees with the OP.

I would add that do not expect her to lose her desire for her foods. If you do not live in a big city where she can get them expect to make frequent trips where she can find it.

If she becomes overly involved with the local Phil. groups or only wants to socialize with them, it is indeed not a good sign. Living in two worlds at the same time is difficult for anybody.