Robert Doyle (BigRob) has passed away

Jeepney

A gentleman,

he be missed by many people, including me.

My condolences to family.

Piet.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Bob Ward

• abw

• JamesMusslewhite

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Ward

What day is today?

This would be above even BigRob's level of joking. But if he did prank us, I would kill him myself.

The reason's I say it's not a joke are these.

The way the post was written. I had the mods correct the title out of respect for Rob, not to correct Michel's spelling.

I fairly recently spoke with him and he told me how bad he was doing. After a month in the hospital, they finally let him go home. He was not doing well!

He's not that cold hearted to make me cry on Friday!

Let me take a moment to say this in his memory! It's fairly obvious that Rob's weight was a big contributor in his early demise. Obesity is one of the leading causes of gallbladder problems. So to those of you who might be going down that path, think about it please.

Update! I just read Steve's post after I wrote this!

Edited by Bob Ward

To echo Steve and Bob's points of taking care of yourself. Please do so not only for you and your families, but also in remembrance to Rob.

OMG.....I too was just thinking of him a day or so ago & how I missed his particular sense of humour. RIP big guy.

Dave and Chona

It is always so sad to hear of an untimely or early demise, and our thoughts are with Big Robs family at this time. Having just suffered a tragic loss in the New Year ourselves , we can sympathise completely with them.

Sincerest Condolences.

mpt1947

Didn't know him personally, but enjoyed his posts and restaurant reviews

R.I.P.

smokey

i have been sending him messages off and on for a while and he was hoping to come back to work next week? He has a brother who i think he said lives in Thailand .. if its true i am sad ......

Edited to remove quoted post that has been deleted.

Edited by Alan S
JamesMusslewhite

I was going to try to visit BigRob when I come up to Cebu this month. Damn man this sucks. I will personally miss you Rob, who else will ague with me over Philippine history?

Stranded Shipscook

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Super cute little puppies I wish I could keep all of them.

We had 6 puppies, but two already sold.

These dogs have a great temperment and make for great guard dogs in sall yards. Loud bark, and will always protect their territory but never will bite anyone. Word of warning, thes dogs are not grass friendly....they love to dig holes.

--------------

That was his last post, i hope it is an Aprils fools joke (although it would be pretty sick )

A good hearted person indeed... we gonna miss him.

I only knew of big rob through his posts but its still a shock,here one moment,then gone.We are all passing through so make the best of it whilst you can. Is his family going to be ok ?money etc.Please let us know if help is needed.

smokey

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

Super cute little puppies I wish I could keep all of them.

We had 6 puppies, but two already sold.

These dogs have a great temperment and make for great guard dogs in sall yards. Loud bark, and will always protect their territory but never will bite anyone. Word of warning, thes dogs are not grass friendly....they love to dig holes.

--------------

That was his last post, i hope it is an Aprils fools joke (although it would be pretty sick )

A good hearted person indeed... we gonna miss him.

i just tried to call him no ans.. ..... if this is a joke and HE put that up that is one thing but if someone else did that sucks... with him being sick that makes this a touchy subject..

CardiacKid

Shocked and saddened by his passing. Will surely miss his posts and his sense of humor. Will keep him in my prayers.

Lee From Cebu

cry.gif Today is a sad sad day My deepest condolences to all his family and friends

You will be missed Rob

gallery_5388_210_69537.jpg

some of his pictures that made me laugh hard

gallery_5388_210_21094.jpg

gallery_5388_210_23307.jpg

gallery_5388_210_62204.jpg

His sense of humor will live on in our hearts as well as his memory

JamesMusslewhite

His DocSmith as Bozo incensed Doc to blow is top and his retort got him banned. I will miss BigRob's humor.

Mailman

I am always hesitant to post in threads like these.

I have been on a number of forums where someone would inevitably start a thread saying "this is so-and-so's brother, so-and-so died" only to discover after a few pages of RIP and 'he will be missed' that it was just a hoax. It panned out this way more often than not... which was zero.

If this news is true, it is truly unfortunate that it was posted on this day.

So with that said...

I hope that even though your death came early, I hope you enjoyed your experiences in life and left behind many who enjoyed sharing them with you.

If this is indeed a joke, may you rot in Hell.