Sign in to follow this  
wingandprayer

Help Needed

wingandprayer

I have 2 decent laptops. They're both having problems.

1st computer only works with wi-fi. The drives are good and my neighbor (he works with computers...but very busy) tells me it's probably a problem from the last tech to work on this. An electrical connection problem, most likely.

2nd computer needs a stable Window's OS. XP or 7.

Does anybody know of a GOOD tech who can help me out? Both machines actually worked better before I hired un-recommended technicians. 4 of them have given me bad service and I just want it done right this time.

I'm running on XP now. When I get them fixed for real, I'll decide what to do. They could be for sale. I suppose there are advantages to having twin computers. If I like the service, I'll may hang on to them. I may buy a new machine. Not sure until I see results.

Before having them "fixed", I'm okay for my needs. Skype, e-mail and some surfing. FaceBook and such....they do the job.

Both are Toshiba (my brand) J10, Dynabook laptops.

Again, a GOOD tech is what I need. If you know of one, I would be appreciative of some insight.

Thanks

USMC-Retired

The one that is Only on wifi. Run a program called winsox fix. The winsox could be corrupt. I could look at them however many computers and web design. I would not be avaiable till mid next week. You could PM matt wilke he has a good tech.

The one that is Only on wifi. Run a program called winsox fix. The winsox could be corrupt. I could look at them however many computers and web design. I would not be avaiable till mid next week. You could PM matt wilke he has a good tech.

Stranded Shipscook

And consider to leave the windows world and run Linux ubuntu 10.10 on both machines , i have it since sunday (Thats 3 days and i work with it as if i have never done anything else)and i am a happy man since then.

just saying :biggrin_01:

John B

I can highly recommend Chris Casa, owner, Wired System at St. Patrick's Square, Don Ramon Aboitiz St. (near Redemptrous Church Cebu City. Phone: 32-255-5282, 5283. Internet: www.wiredsystems.com. He has been in business here for many years and is a very nice, capable technician and business owner.