New here from Toronto

Hello, I've been reading this forum for awhile, and joined a few weeks ago. I finally got around to reading the rules and noticed that new members should post an introduction, so here it is. I'm married to my lovely wife from Leyte for a year and a bit and have been to the Philippines 3 times and will be back to Leyte/Cebu for a month in April/May. I'm late 30s and unfortunately got a long way until retirement, so we are living in Toronto but we plan to retire in Leyte as soon as we get a chance. Anyway, great site with lots of great info!

welcome,

we are living here in cebu, late 30's, not retired but doing our best never to return to the IceBox!

enjoy the visit again

sunnyside_up

Welcome agentsmith we've been expecting you! Wht kinda work do you do? Is your wife working in Canada? Hope you guys could come home and make a living here in Philippines. But i think Canada must be nice place too. Im single here in cebu and living with my sister and bro in law from Australia and their children.

towboat72

Welcome agentsmith we've been expecting you! Wht kinda work do you do? Is your wife working in Canada? Hope you guys could come home and make a living here in Philippines. But i think Canada must be nice place too. Im single here in cebu and living with my sister and bro in law from Australia and their children.

WELCOME TO THE COUNTRY AND THE SITE YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF GOOD INFO ANDPEOPLE HERE .ENJOY

Mr. Mike

:why-me: to the forum Sir................have fun!

mrmike

welcome,

we are living here in cebu, late 30's, not retired but doing our best never to return to the IceBox!

enjoy the visit again

I envy you sir!

I'm an IT technician. My wife has only worked some odd jobs here, as its hard to find work for a newcomer. She has a university degree from the Philippines but its not recognized here. I figure I got about 10 more years of working here, before more or less living in the Philippines, at least during the winter here.

mpt1947

Welcome AgentSmith,

An IT Tech background is usually good almost everywhere in the world. While you are here, check the market for jobs, or perhaps the Universities

Good Luck and enjoy your time here

miles-high

Hello and Welcome :)

I have but fond memories of Toronto (and of New York and Detroit) where I spent my junior associate years

redman69

Welcome to the board, It does get cold up north. Have a great life.

Hello and Welcome

I have but fond memories of Toronto (and of New York and Detroit) where I spent my junior associate years

sorry miles,

i dont really much miss, the -40s

or calling AMA to boost during a frosty evening after leaving work.

or i dont really miss the flooding in the spring, watching the Red River rise and wonder if again the house will flood.

surprisingly i dont miss having to warm my car for 20 minutes before shivering on my drive 1 hour each way to work.

so really, having no seasons, it is ok by me, hehe

morak8088

Agent Smith, my wife arrived here in Florida in 1993 with a Bachelor's in Elementary Education from University of the Visayas. One of the first things I did was have her transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (Google for their address). They gave us an official document stating that her degree was equivalent to a degree from an accredited US college. You might try going this route if your wife has her transcripts handy. Only thing is it takes them about a month to get back to you once they receive transcripts.